Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Kickstarter Update #35: Patch #4 - Summoning & Polymorph, Party Infighting
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Tue 28 March 2017, 19:40:24Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios; Swen Vincke
Larian have released the fourth major update for the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Early Access release. The highlight of this new version is the addition of the Summoning and Polymorph skill schools, which the game's backers voted for so long ago. It also adds new party splitting and infighting options. As usual, there's a Kickstarter update to go along with the new version. In the accompanying 14 minute video, Swen demonstrates the concepts behind the new skill schools using common condiments and kitchen appliances, before moving on to the actual game to show them in action. If that's too long for you to watch, Larian have also put together a quick trailer about the new skills. Here are both videos, plus the description of the Polymorph school, which allows you to LARP as a mutated Chaos cultist from Warhammer:
Speaking of Polymorph, let’s talk about it! This skill was by far the most popular skill school in our vote, so we knew we had to make it extremely awesome. If Swen’s demonstrations with the Chariza--we mean with the chicken--didn’t convince you, then we don’t know what will!
Polymorphs are inspired by nature and their magic takes some of the best and worst aspects of other creatures and puts them to combat use. For example, you can grow wings and fly over surfaces, and then chain that with the Flight skill for longer distance flight. The Polymorph combat ability gives players one free Attribute Point to your avatar for every Ability Point invested.
The Early Access will include seven insane skills:
- Bull Horns - Magnificent horns sprout from your forehead. You can rush at your enemies and gore them.
- Tentacle Lash - With tentacular (it’s a word, look it up) limbs, lash out at the enemy and Disarm them.
- Chicken Claw - Turn the target character into a chicken. Squawk!
- Heart of Steel - Your skin turns to steel, increasing Physical Armour and regenerating a portion of it every turn.
- Chameleon Cloak - Become one with the shadows so that you're invisible to your opponents.
- Spread Your Wings - Grow wings that unlock Flight skill. You ignore ground surfaces as long as you keep moving.
- Skin Graft - Reset all cooldowns, yet also strip off all Physical Armour and Magic Armour. Removes Burning, Poisoned, Bleeding.