Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
GOLDEN BABY RISING - Grimoire Released!
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 4 August 2017, 14:12:54Tags: Golden Era Games; Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar
Four months since it was greenlit for release on Steam. Five years since it was crowdfunded on Indiegogo. Twenty-three years since its development began after the cancellation of Stones of Arnhem. Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar, the game that was meant to be Cleveland Mark Blakemore's answer to Sir-Tech's failure to produce a sequel to the legendary Wizardry VII, has somehow survived through multiple eras of gaming and emerged intact from the other side. It's only fitting that the final release of such a mindbogglingly weird game has come to us as a complete surprise. Gentlemen, ITZ here:
THE ULTIMATE CLASSIC STYLE TURN-BASED FANTASY ROLEPLAYING GAME!
After more than 20 years of development, the greatest roleplaying game of them all is finally ready for release! Grimoire is an homage to the classic dungeon blobbers and is inspired by Wizardry, Might & Magic, Lands of Lore, Anvil of Dawn, DungeonMaster and the Eye of the Beholder games!
- 600 hours of play possible in a single game
- Lush Colorful 2D Hand Drawn Artwork
- Retro style MIDI music and 8 bit sound effects
- 244+ Maps in the game to explore!
- Turn-Based strategic combat
- Multiple Beginnings, Multiple Endings
- 144 context sensitive magic spells
- 14 races, 15 professions, 50 skills
- 64 intelligent NPCs with 8000+ Words in Vocabulary
- Full Sentence Communication with NPCs
- 240+ monsters each with special powers and defenses
- 1000+ items, Carry Containers, Global Party Inventory
- 30 conditions, from Confusion to Disease & Lycanthropy
- Automapping, Autowalking, Autohealing
- Global Map Atlas With Position Marker
- Quest Journal, Hint Prompting, Help Facility, Mini-Quests
- Complex LockPicking Interfaces for Doors & Chests
- Challenging Puzzles and Rich Interactive Dungeons
- Browsable Character Library for up to 100 characters
- Up to 12 Commented Postage Stamped Savegames
- Multi-themed GUI and customizable screen layouts