Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Underrail Dev Log #56: Version 126.96.36.199 Beta
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Fri 8 December 2017, 23:48:32Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail
It's clear that the Expedition expansion for Underrail will not be coming out this year, but Styg does have something to tide us over for the holidays. His latest development update announces the release of an experimental beta for the game's next version. It looks to be a major update, with new content and significant mechanical changes in addition to the usual raft of tweaks and bugfixes. I'll post an excerpt from the extensive changelog, but first a look at a few of the game's new critters:
Hi guys, we are releasing a new major update of the base game on the experimental branch. If everything goes as planned, we'll be releasing it to the main branch as well soon.
To play experimental branch on Steam, you right click the game in your library and go to "Betas" tab. To do so on GOG, you select the game and choose More->Settings. Make sure you don't override all your live version saves just in case something goes horribly wrong.
We have new creatures, items and feats.
- Increased Coil Spider psi points and psi regeneration
- Coil Spiders now have darkvision
- Added Greater Coil Spiders
- Added a new machinegun turret to replace the regular auto-turret in certain places and on certain difficulties
- Increased dodge and evasion of burrower spawns, but also increased their susceptibility to AoE attacks
- Dogs will now attempt to bump you out of stealth when the detection gets into ALERTED state, just like human NPCs (on normal difficulty or higher)
- Added a stronger version of psi beetle
- Increased crawler attack damage a bit; they also regenerate health now (even in combat) and have dark vision
- Added a stronger version of crawler
- Added stronger version of mutants Hunchback mutants
- Because of the global map, some areas had to be added and some had to be reorganized (especially around the starting cave areas) in order to achieve geographical consistency
- Added a number of possible random events around the world
- Reworked a lot of encounters to scale with game difficulty (from easy to dominating). Normal was mostly kept as it is, but some encounters (typically mid-late and late game ones) were made more difficult on that level.
- Reworked the Free Drone's final mission debriefing dialog with Trenton in order to better handle a certain optional outcome
- DC mindreading will now take into account the number of killed Faceless, which will have negative effects of varying degrees depending on that number; however, kills during certain story-related events where combat is unavoidable will not be counted
- Expanded the Hanging Rat bar and added a base ability check