Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Bard's Tale 1 Remaster Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 15 August 2018, 00:50:48Tags: InXile Entertainment; Krome Studios; The Bard's Tale; The Bard's Tale II: The Destiny Knight; The Bard's Tale III: Thief of Fate
Krome Studios and inXile have released their remastered edition of the classic dungeon crawler The Bard's Tale. Originally released by Interplay back in 1985, in recent years The Bard's Tale was only available as an inferior port bundled with inXile's 2004 Bard's Tale action-RPG, so this is all-around good news for the genre. As explained in last week's Kickstarter update, buying the trilogy will grant you access to the second and third games when they launch later this year. You've already seen the launch trailer, so I'll just post inXile's press release here:
Features of The Bard’s Tale Trilogy include:
- Remasters of all three original The Bard’s Tale games. The first volume, Tales of the Unknown, is available today, with The Destiny Knight (fall 2018) and Thief of Fate (winter 2018) arriving later in the year.
- A uniform playing experience across all three titles without the need for emulation or compatibility concerns.
- Create a party in the first volume and play it across all three volumes to create a heroic narrative all your own.
- For the first time, play as male or female across all three games. Also includes other quality-of-life changes such as automapping for all three games, spell access, and updated equipment/inventory management.
- Updated art that holds true to the spirit of the originals, featuring never-before-used character art by series creator Michael Cranford!
- An opportunity for new players to experience the events that led to The Bard’s Tale IV: Barrows Deep and The Mage’s Tale!
- The final content to be released will be a Legacy Mode, a set of options which allows players to make the titles play similarly to the 1980s originals… with all the challenge that entails!