Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Sat 1 September 2018, 00:49:16Tags: Divinity: Original Sin 2; Larian Studios
A bit less than a year after its original launch, Larian Studios have released the Divinity: Original Sin 2 Definitive Edition. It's a big day for consoles, less so for PC - although for those of you who have made a habit of not playing games until they're fully patched up, now's the time to begin. Well, that's not entirely accurate. According to their release announcement on Steam, there are a few remaining odds and ends that Larian plan to add later. But first the launch trailer:
You have probably noticed a big update that came to Divinity: Original Sin 2. The big update is the Definitive Edition that was added.
People that have bought Original Sin 2 when it came out, get this for free. It is an optimized, revised, rebalanced version of the game, with a couple of new features, overhauled Arena mode, better UI, better journal, rewritten dialogues, and much more.
If you would like to know what exactly "much more" is, we have tried to document it here, in over 50 pages: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IcADAJsLeHHXYjCnR5MwCm9GTWRdKzRtIYcCqO_RI6U/edit
If you are now wondering what version to choose, Classic or Definitive, it's easy:
- If you have a game or a GM campaign in progress in Classic mode, start up Classic mode and continue there. Savegames from the Classic game are not compatible with Definitive Edition. If you ever feel like rolling a new character, please come over to the Definitive Side when you're ready.
- If you are new to Original Sin 2, or if you were only a couple of levels in on classic, start up the Definitive Edition.
- If you have already finished the Classic version a dozen times and you're a champion in the classic arena, give the Definitive Edition a go. What harm is there in rolling one. More. Character.
We hope you enjoy this new game version and are excited to read about what you think.
For those of you wondering:
- the editor is coming out in a few days
- mods created for classic are incompatible
- HDR mode will be added later on as well
Don't worry, we're on top of it, and working together with modders to make popular mods available and convert them over to definitive edition. We're also watching the forums to help out where we can, and address some early issues that were identified. So we're not done yet.