Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #58: Forgotten Sanctum DLC coming December 13th, Patch 4.0 Preview
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 21 November 2018, 01:39:25Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - The Forgotten Sanctum
Not to be outdone by Owlcat, Obsidian chose today to do a DLC reveal of their own. Today's Fig update gives us our first look at The Forgotten Sanctum, the game's third and final expansion DLC. It's a high-level adventure where the player will travel into the depths of a dungeon formed out of the flesh of a sleeping god at the behest of the archmages of Eora. The expansion is due out on December 13th. Here are a few screenshots:
what I thought was going to be a Patch 4.1 is just part of one very big patch. The highlight is the Woedica god challenge mode, which will disable health regeneration and turn all per-encounter abilities into per-rest abilities (AKA "Vancian spellcasting"), effectively restoring IE/PoE1-style strategic resource management. Josh Sawyer provides!
Alongside the release of "The Forgotten Sanctum", the Deadfire team is releasing a new update with patch 4.0. As the team has done with every major update, they're happy to bring new features to Pillars II. Some of the new features that will be arriving with patch 4.0:
- One additional sub-class per class - That's right! Every class in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire will be getting one extra sub-class, including the oft-requested Priest of Woedica and Steel Garrote sub-classes!
- Respawning ships on the world map - The ships of the Deadfire will no longer be gone forever once defeated. They'll now respawn, giving you the ability to attack, loot, and take down again.
- New Magran's Fire Challenges:
- Ondra's Challenge
- Storms are larger, faster, and more frequent in the Deadfire now.
- Enemy Captains are increased in rank and travel faster when chasing the Watcher
- Wael's Challenge
- All numbers become ??? with the exception being item count, party character Attributes, Skill, and Level.
- Woedica's Challenge
- All Per-Encounter and Class resources become Per Rest.
- Party Health no longer regenerates outside of combat.
- While camping, only "Prepared Meals" will recover Injuries and Resources.
- Ondra's Challenge
- Two new Mega Bosses
- The Wizard Savant
- The Infernal Construct