Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Varnhold's Lot DLC Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 28 February 2019, 23:24:11Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker; Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Varnhold's Lot
There have typically been two types of expansion packs for RPGs - post-game expansions which are separate campaigns that are often sequels in all but name, and mid-game expansions that add additional content to the base game. The new Varnhold's Lot DLC for Pathfinder: Kingmaker is an unusual combination of the two. It's a separate campaign, but it takes place during the events of Kingmaker with consequences that can be exported to the base game. You play as the general of Maegar Varn, a fellow baron of the Stolen Lands who appears in the main campaign. This expansion is his story:
Just as you were claiming your first title, another hero of the Stolen Lands became a baron too: Maegar Varn, captain of the Varnling Host mercenary band and rightful ruler of Varnhold (this guy sure likes the sound of his name!). If you've played the main campaign, you already know what happened to him next... Or do you? In this DLC, you join Varn as his general, and experience Varnhold's valorous history firsthand — the whole of it, not just the outcome!
- Play a self-contained side story. Create a new character and spend 6-12 hours fighting for the future of Varnhold while your main campaign's hero establishes their barony in the Shrike Hills.
- Experience the adventure from a companion's point of view. Maegar Varn might be your liege — but what worth is a ruler without advisors, and what can a lord achieve without his host? Lead your commander to victory in combat and to prosperity in peace — and, perhaps, you'll see those who followed you in your main campaign with new eyes!
- Explore a huge new dungeon. What secrets lie in the forbidden depths, guarded by centaurs of the Nomen tribe? What monsters lurk there, and what treasures glimmer in the dark? Open the ancient doors, and fight your way through Lostlarn Keep!
- Spark a new love. Varn is your commander, an old friend and a trusted ally... But could he mean something more to you? Play as a heroine to find out!
- Import your legacy into the main campaign! After you finish the DLC, a new event will unlock in the main story: Maegar Varn will invite you to visit the dungeon once again — to witness the consequences of your decisions... and, while you're there, to pick up the loot that was left behind!
Varnhold's Lot is a more substantial expansion than The Wildcards and has been priced accordingly. It can be yours for $12 on Steam or GOG. You can read about the accompanying hotfix here. Owlcat plan to release the game's next major patch in March.