Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition and Beneath the Stolen Lands DLC Released
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Thu 6 June 2019, 23:25:16Tags: Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Kingmaker; Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Beneath The Stolen Lands
Pathfinder: Kingmaker was released in a disastrously incomplete state, but that didn't stop it from becoming our RPG of the year for 2018. Today it reaches its final form with the release of the extensive Enhanced Edition update, making it probably one of the best RPGs of all time. You can read more about the Enhanced Edition in the two developer diary updates published by Owlcat over the past two weeks. It's got so much stuff in it that the Beneath the Stolen Lands roguelike mode DLC released alongside it seems almost like an afterthought. Still, it's a big enough deal to get its own launch trailer:
Meet with the self-proclaimed protector of Golarion, and discover what secrets lie buried beneath the Stolen Lands, in a shifting labyrinth of madness where nothing is what it seems, complete with dangerous enemies to battle and ancient treasures to unearth. Defend the lands against one of the most deadly enemies the world has ever faced.
- Enter a massive dungeon with a party made from scratch. Begin your adventure to the Tenebrous Depths with a party of newly created characters. Start the game from the main menu and experience the descent into an endless rogue-like dungeon.
- Explore the near-infinite possibilities of building a Pathfinder character. Try out different builds to perfect your tactics at your leisure. Create a band of adventurers able to overcome any danger!
- Defeat is but a new beginning! Dying in an encounter enables additional benefits for your next playthrough.
- Unlock new items to buy across multiple playthoughs. The number of item slots nearby traders have depends on how far you have been able to descend during all of your previous forays combined.
- ...or enter the dungeon as your main character. Alternatively, you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the Main Story. The preset version of the dungeon is included into the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths.