Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous now on Kickstarter
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Tue 4 February 2020, 23:26:31Tags: Alexander Mishulin; Chris Avellone; Oleg Shpilchevsky; Owlcat Games; Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous
As promised last month, Owlcat Games' Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous righteously marched out to Kickstarter today. The pitch video offers a first glimpse of the game in motion, as various Owlcat staff including Oleg Shpilchevsky and Alexander Mishulin along with returning guest star Chris Avellone describe its design goals. It sounds like increasing the scope of roleplaying options over the original lawful good-centric tabletop adventure is a major concern. The pitch also highlights the game's two standout features - its adaptation of the Mythic Paths progression system and its strategic army management layer, which Owlcat are calling the Crusade system.
Owlcat Games is back on Kickstarter with a new RPG set in the Pathfinder universe – the Age of Lost Omens, the setting we love so much! We want to thank all the backers and contributors who helped us create our previous game, Pathfinder: Kingmaker. Now it’s time to craft a new epic adventure together!
As you may know, we at Owlcat Games have spent countless hours playing the Pathfinder tabletop RPG. We enjoyed it so much that we decided to bring this experience to the videogame format by creating a classic isometric party-based computer RPG called Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The phenomenal love and support shown for Kingmaker have inspired us to tell another story from the Age of Lost Omens. Today we are thrilled to introduce the adventure we are so passionate and excited about – Wrath of the Righteous!
- Embark on a journey to a realm overrun by demons and rise to power by choosing one of six available Mythic Paths. Master their abilities and change the world around you as an Angel, a Lich, a Trickster, an Aeon, a Demon, or an Azata. Each Mythic Path leads to unique skills and appearance, and greatly impacts the game’s story.
- Challenge the mighty Demon Lords and close the portal to the demonic plane of existence known as the Abyss.
- Enjoy the flexibility, richness, and depth of the Pathfinder first edition ruleset. Create any character imaginable by choosing one of ten races, picking a particular class out of the 21 available, each with five archetypes for even greater customization. Gain access to more than a thousand spells, feats, and abilities, and select those that suit your playstyle. Take control of your party formation, help set up a camp, and find a way to victory by combining the strengths of your companions.
- Lead the armies of the Fifth Crusade to victory in a new strategic layer of gameplay. In addition to the classic CRPG experience, step into the role of the Commander, gather troops, reinforce your stronghold, and send your armies to battle the demonic invasion across the map of the region. Send your crusaders to explore ancient ruins and recover powerful artifacts.
- Experience a non-linear story about the cost of tremendous power that adventurers often seek, with tales of corruption caused by the demonic influence and redemption for those who have stepped on the wrong path.
- Meet a new diverse cast of characters, including ten companions to recruit to your party and featuring multiple romance options to choose from.
- Take control of five new classes (Arcanist, Bloodrager, Shaman, Oracle, and Witch) and meet a new race–the half-undead dhampir–in addition to the previous roster from Pathfinder: Kingmaker. The number of archetypes per class has increased to five as well.
- Dive into the game even if you’re not familiar with the intricacies of the Pathfinder ruleset. Use an enhanced tutorial for newcomers to help you with character creation and get up to speed with the rules of the system.
- Explore the world with updated visuals and a 360-degree rotating camera added for better playability and immersion.]
- Current platforms: PC Windows (Steam, GOG)
- Current languages: English, French, German, Chinese, Russian
We want our new game to give you the same feeling as good old Pathfinder: Kingmaker Enhanced Edition. If you enjoyed Kingmaker, you will definitely love Wrath of the Righteous as well.