Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Ultimate ADOM - Caverns on Chaos coming to Early Access on February 11th
Game News - posted by Infinitron on Wed 9 December 2020, 21:51:28Tags: Assemble Entertainment; Team ADOM; Thomas Biskup; Ultimate ADOM - Caverns of Chaos
Ultimate ADOM - Caverns of Chaos, the upcoming dungeon crawling sequel to the classic roguelike by Thomas Biskup, entered alpha earlier this year and has received a steady stream of video updates over the past few months. The game was originally going to be released sometime this year but was quietly delayed to early 2021 in September. Yesterday it was announced that Ultimate ADOM has been picked up by German indie publisher Assemble Entertainment and will be out on Steam Early Access on February 11th. Here's the game's new announcement trailer along with the accompanying press release:
Wiesbaden, Germany 8th December, 2020 - Publisher Assemble Entertainment and developer Team ADOM announced today rogue-like dungeon crawler Ultimate ADOM - Caverns of Chaos, headed to Steam Early Access on 11th February, 2021 for Windows PC, Mac, and Linux. Ultimate ADOM is a traditionally-inspired reimaging of the beloved genre and features endless procedurally generated dungeons, monsters, and crafting options, allowing for ultimate replayability.
Evil has been vanquished. Peace has returned to Ancardia, and the peasants dare to dream once more of prosperity. Seven very different factions vie for control over the cataclysmic aftermath left behind by Andor Drakon’s defeat. And somewhere, deep down in an inhospitable cave, chaos is stirring again. Pick up your blade, prepare your spells, check your daggers and ready your bow, for you are about to enter the ominous Caverns of Chaos. Choose your allegiance carefully, for you are nothing more than an expendable asset to the masters you choose.
Fight for a mercenary's glory and a hefty coin purse, for the justice of a community in decline, for the light of purity, or even for chaos itself. Every choice you make will determine how you approach the ever-changing Caverns of Chaos laid out before you.
“To be the person who originated a game with an active and dedicated community since 1994 makes me unbelievably proud," said Thomas Biskup, Creator of ADOM. "After 25 years we will continue the story of ADOM and bring that experience into the modern realm. Ultimate ADOM: Caverns of Chaos offers plenty of depth for seasoned vets of the genre but with all the tweaks, options, and quality of life adjustments that ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for the contemporary player.”
Key Features of Ultimate ADOM Include:
- Depth for Days — Choose from a huge selection of classes, genders, races, and allegiances to mix and match the perfect build for your playstyle
- A Proper Roguelike — Procedurally generated levels, monsters, and items ensure no playthrough is the same
- More Spells Than a Hogwarts Textbook — With multiple specialized schools of magic and more than 100 spells to choose from, dungeon-diving wizards have plenty at their disposal to get them through the darkness
- That’s a Nice Arm You’ve Got There... — Take the severed limbs of your enemies and graft them to your own body, after all, more hands = more weapons to hold
- A Jack of All Trades — With more than 80 skill trees, aspiring dungeon delvers have plenty of choices when it comes to crafting the ultimate warrior, and then there are the dozens of secret skills waiting to be discovered!
- Go Modern or Keep it Classic — Modern graphics or traditional ASCII, the choice is yours! Players can also toggle between 3D mode and top-down view.