Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Community Expansion Pack for Neverwinter Nights Announced
Game News - posted by Exitium on Sat 21 February 2004, 04:57:27Tags: BioWare; David Gaider; Neverwinter Nights: Community Expansion Pack
In a bid to make David Gaider's waist just a little bit wider, Bioware has announced its plans for the release of yet another expansion pack for their best-seller Neverwinter Nights today.
The Community Expansion Pack is slated to compile all of the top quality content created by the hard work and toil of the Neverwinter Nights community at the NWVault and material that has been specifically created for the pack by the CEP Team at Bioware. It was announced that all of this content will be available for download in the near future from BioWare.
The new content includes:
- New unreleased creatures not available anywhere else and over 450 community creatures, such as goblins, owlbears, and gelugons. Many of these creatures also feature wing and tail nodes.
- Two new dynamic creatures suitable for PCs: the Wemic and the Brownie.
- 14 completely new weapon types, including the falchion, maul, nunchaku, and trident, and new components for thousands of unique weapons.
- 324 new shields. There's also new components for thousands of unique armor and clothing types.
- 772 new inventory icons including rings, robes and books, and 90 new items from holy symbols to musical instruments.
- 1,448 new placeables from plates and bowls to siege engines, ships, and towers.
- 121 new NPC portraits for dwarves, elves, gnomes, halflings, humans, half-elves, half-orcs, wemics, and driders.
Read the full features list. New clothing types -- it is the RPG experience to teh maxxx!
EDIT: Gaider says the thing is free, not compiled by BioWare but compiled by modders, and BioWare is just pimping it for them because it's a neat idea.