Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
First Dragon Age screen & info
Game News - posted by Vault Dweller on Fri 3 November 2006, 02:23:18Tags: BioWare; Dragon Age: Origins
1UP has announced that the first issue of Games For Windows (formerly known as Computer Gaming World) will be loaded with Dragon Age info. Here is a teaser:
- The story is dark-much darker than the usual BioWare fare-and influenced by "realistic" modern fantasy like George R. R. Martin's A Game of Thrones.The early screens looked much better. The Mass Effect dumb system in DA is the biggest disappointment of the year.
- The game uses an evolved "tactical real-time combat" style of Baldur's Gate, only in 3D-you queue up orders for multiple party members, pause the game when you need to think, and your party members will be able to execute coordinated attacks.
- Large-scale creature combat will have your characters doing stuff like ducking between legs and jumping on backs of monsters (dare we say dragons?).
- Even though Dragon Age isn't a D&D game, per se, BioWare is sticking close to those roots with the class and rules systems.
- The game uses a "modified" version of the Mass Effect conversation system we're all so keen on.
- Depending on the type of character you choose, the game offers multiple different "origin stories"-meaning the first few hours of the game will be totally different depending on which character archetype you choose.
- The game's actually coming out in late 2007 or early 2008.