Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Bethesda needs YOU to manage their community
Company News - posted by Saint_Proverbius on Sat 10 February 2007, 00:25:18Tags: Bethesda Softworks
Bethesda is now hiring for a community manager. Yeah, funny stuff. Here's the job info:
* Actively manages all aspects of fan communities for all key titles, including The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Rogue Warrior, Star Trek, etc.
* Supports PR initiatives for all projects
* Administers and participates on official and fan forums related to all products
* Monitors and participates on external forums and sites and provides regular updates on fan interest, feedback, competitive information, etc.
* Assists in development/maintenance of regular updates for all official web sites and company newsletter, including creation of â€œBlogâ€ program (eg, Major Nelson for Xbox.com: http://www.majornelson.com/), podcasts, chats, and other initiatives in conjunction with the overall PR plan for each product
* Fosters and maintains development of fan sites related to all products.
* Creates special programs and initiatives to drive traffic to official forums
* 2+ years community management
* Familiarity with online communities/gaming; an avid gamer a plus
Specific Skills Required:
* Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
* Self starter with high level of initiative and attention to detail
* Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
* Excellent organizational skills
* Passionate, committed and high level of energy
* Strong sense of ownership and urgency
* Team player
I have some to add:
- Must provide own nazi uniform and leather gimp suit.
- Must be able to find criticism of company licensed products and remove according links swiftly.
- Must be able to come up with better excuses for doing the above than They have pop up ads on their site.
- Must be able to look Todd Howard in the face without bursting out laughing. No, we mean this. You really need to be able to take that man seriously.
- Must be able to crack a whip, both in the forums and in the bedroom.
- Being able to cybersex 1000 different people in forum private messages a plus.
Now, who wants cake?
Spotted at: No Mutants Allowed