Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer community update #1
Community - posted by Role-Player on Thu 10 May 2007, 15:02:41Tags: Neverwinter Nights 2; Obsidian Entertainment
The first Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer community update has been launched at the game's official forums. Kevin Saunders answers a few questions about Obsidian Entertainment's expansion in the making:
1) Will there be any benefits of picking one of Rashemens patron dieties "the three" (Chauntea, Mielikki or Mystra) as the player characters diety?Dear god, let there not be a Minsc cameo.
Obsidian: No, sorry. As we intend for you to continue your character from NWN2, we wanted to concentrate on content that wouldn't depend on what choices you may have made way back when.
2) For those of us that know nothing about D&D outside of NWN and the BG series, can someone (doesn't even have to be a dev I suppose) give some general information about who or what the Rashemen are, and how they differ from the people on the Sword Coast?
Obsidian: For people not familiar with Rashemen setting we recommend you pick up the Forgotten Realms game accessory The Unapproachable East. In liew of that, here is a link to a basic overview of the setting as provided in that book:The Unapproachable East
3) Where *in* Rashemen will the game take place?
Obsidian: You'll spend much of your time near the edges of Lake Mulsantir. The game's primary hub is the city of Mulsantir.
4) Will the game take place entirely in Rashemen, or will be just starting out there? Also,will we be seeing any neighboring countries or lands close to Rashemen?
Obsidian: The majority of the game takes place within the borders of Rashemen, but you will visit a couple other locales as well.
5) Are we going to be able to play our old characters (choose one if we have multiple that finished NWN2?
Obsidian: Yes. This is what we are hoping you'll do!
Spotted at: RPG Watch