New Piranha Bytes game details
Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
New Piranha Bytes game details
Game News - posted by Vault Dweller on Fri 24 August 2007, 17:30:09Tags: Piranha Bytes
RPG Watch has posted the first details about Piranha Bytes new game:
As stated yesterday, the game is set on a volcanic and «forbidden» island. All character animations will be made anew, the game will have dungeons, traps, secret doorways and riddles. The developers are known for maintaining close contact to their fanbase and took up some suggestions like increasing the effectiveness of certain weapons when fighting particular foes, like a hammer for golems. Instead of having a myriad of items in virtually indistinguishable variations, the game will concentrate on fewer but clearly recognisable weapons, armour sets and items.Also, Moriendor translated some RPB-related forum posts by the developers:
The new game is again made for a single player and the PC. At the moment no other platform is in development. Whether the game will be made for DirectX9 oder DirectX10 is still undecided. The graphics engine will consist of some licensed components but most of it is being developed by Piranha Bytes itself.
- Just as previous PB games, the game will feature a large, open world and a lot of dialog. It's supposed to be become a "typical PB game" according to Mike Hoge (from PB).And here is an unofficial fact sheet:
- There will be a volcano island that is called "The Forbidden Island".
- The story/theme: The Gods have disappeared from the world and a new power has taken their place. The player will be confronted with this new power.
GeneralIt would be interesting to see what PB can come up with and compare their new game, which sounds like Gothic Reimagined, to Gothic 4.
- The game will be set in a fantasy world including the RPG-typical monsters, magic, alchemists, smiths, hunters and fighters.
- Any references to Gothic will be left out due to legal reasons.
- There will be a pre-defined hero. No character generation.
- The world will be approximately of Gothic 1/2 size. Definitely smaller than Gothic 3.
- There will be different zones of vegetation as well as dynamic weather and day/night cycles.
- No loading screens.
- There will be interesting dungeons and caves.
- More emphasis will be put on riddles/puzzles.
- There will be several cities/camps.
- The game will be divided up in chapters.
- The game will not be related to Gothic and it will also not be a Gothic 1 remake.
- The graphics will be slightly improved over Gothic 3.
- There will be more women than in Gothic 3 and they will not all have supermodel shapes either.
- There will be shields.
- The graphics engine will be self-made again but it won't be the Gothic 3 engine.
- Everything will be modelled by hand. Items and loot will be distributed by hand.
- The max poly limit of the armor models is at around the 6K mark.
- Some programs that are used in development are 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and ZBrush.
- SpeedTree will once again be used to render the trees.
- There will be a demo of the game.
- The game will be published in German and English language versions.
- The game will not be released in 2007.
Spotted at: RPG Watch