Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Paper Sorcerer: First-person turn-based RPG
Game News - posted by Zed on Tue 10 July 2012, 16:21:17Tags: Kickstarter; Paper Sorcerer; UltraRunawayGames
I suppose we would normally try to bring Kickstarter projects to your attention before they close, but I guess this one flew over our heads. Fortunately, it's successfully funded!
So what it is Paper Sorcerer?
- Play as a renegade sorcerer as he struggles to escape the book prison and regain his powers.
- Escape a magical prison filled with heroes hunting you down at every turn.
- Strategy over grinding battles, with a charge based spell system.
- Create a party of summons to join you as allies in battle.
- Discover open-ended puzzles and solve them with a combinations of spells, items, and your wits.
- Hand-drawn high-resolution sprites inspired by the work of late eighteenth and early nineteenth century illustrators like Aubrey Beardsley and William Bradley.
There's a gameplay video on youtube, showcasing the unique art style and combat:
You can read more about it at the Kickstarter page. It looks like UltraRunawayGames are aiming to have the game out pretty soon, so keep an eye out.