Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Expeditions: Conquistador Receives Free Content Update
Game News - posted by Crooked Bee on Mon 8 July 2013, 23:01:01Tags: Expeditions: Conquistador; Logic Artists
Logic Artists' strategy RPG Expeditions: Conquistador, which we reviewed on its release, has received a free content patch intended to provide a bunch of gameplay, graphics, and usability improvements. I'll quote the ones related to actual game content:
There’s a bunch of other little tweaks and additions that you can find in the full changelog, but the last important thing to mention is that Mexico is now substantially harder. If you want the true Conquistador experience, you’ll still have to dial the difficulty up to Aguirre, but all difficulty settings now have much improved balance in Mexico:
- You’ll routinely come up against enemy groups that match your troops in rank and equipment.
- Certain fights are now on a turn timer.
- Food from hunting no longer scales with your party size (such that the more followers you have, the harder it gets to feed them all).
- There’s less meat and herbs in Mexico in general.
- All critical hits break your equipment.
- All enemies now get random passive abilities corresponding to their rank.
- Construction costs for items have been massively increased.
- There is now a limit to how many items of each type you can bring into a battle based on your Tactics skill.
The full announcement and the changelog are available here.