Visit our sponsors! (or click here and disable ads)
Supplemental Kickstarter campaign for Hero-U succeeds
Game News - posted by Zed on Sun 21 June 2015, 20:37:28Tags: Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption; Transolar Games
Good news if you're a backer of Transolar Games' adventure-RPG Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption. The supplemental Kickstarter has finished as successfully funded, allowing the project to stay afloat and even expand with the following stretch goals:
- Tower Garden – Like Erana’s Peace in Quest for Glory, this will be a quiet area where Shawn can relax and perhaps spend time with a close friend.
- Improved Animation – Al is improving walking, running, sneaking, combat moves, “fidgets”, and other areas where our current animation hasn’t been good enough.
- Sea Cave Puzzles – We will be able to add some complexity and challenge to the Sea Caves area of the game. This adds some adventure gaming features to an RPG area.
- Additional music and sound effects – As the scope of the game has increased, we will need additional musical pieces and sound effects to enrich the game. Ryan Grogan, the Hero-U composer, will create new compositions for the game. We are also working with a sound designer to create custom effects and help us select additional “library” sound effects for the game.
- The Boss Wraith will have its special area in the Catacombs. This is something of a puzzle encounter in that Shawn will not be able to walk up to it, stab it a few times, and say “I win!” Magical weapons, spells, and special items will all play a part.
- News flash! We just received a large PayPal donation that has allowed us to reach the Sea Cave Boss (“Unspeakable Horror”) goal. This will be another combat-plus encounter with strong puzzle elements.