Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Road To Skyrim: The Todd Howard Interview

denizsi

Arcane
Internet tough guys at it again!

dextermorgan

Arcane
denizsi said:
Internet tough guys at it again!

Considering Toddler doesn't look like he'd put up much of a fight I'm not sure my statement qualifies for adjectives such as "tough". Hateful, on the other hand...

ksjav

Scholar
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014
dextermorgan said:
Considering Toddler doesn't look like he'd put up much of a fight
Mate, he's got a fitness club in the basement where they practice karate and kickboxing. :smug:

SolipsisticUrge

Educated
Haters hating on each other for their hate. What fun. 7/10, could be much better but definitely superior to what Skyrim will likely be.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Excommunicator said:
torpid and Decado I am sickened to be from the same join year as you,

I had to get up away from my computer after I read this, I'm not kidding I laughed so hard I gagged a little bit. How old are you? 12?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Jaesun said:
Decado still keeps failing trolling on the codex 101. r00fles!

Bro, just repeating the same thing over and over again doesn't make it true. Don't worry, your irrational hatred of another human being over vidya gayme decisions can still lull you to sleep at night, even if people disagree with you. I'm sure your persistent virginity, lack of social skills and poor writing ability don't seem so bad in light of all you've accomplished.

:thumbsup:

Drakron

Arcane
Quoting a reply in Eurogamer ...

Bobby_Kotick said:
It's a sign of a healthy industry that during this whole Infinity Ward debacle the loudest voices seem to be coming from the bullshit department (sorry, I mean PR department) of the big bad publishers that own them, no longer own them, or wish they owned them, rather than from West and Zampella themselves.

I like that journalism also seems to be completely in the publishers pocket, as it prevents nasty things such as, say, the truth from ever seeing the light of day. We just could not have that.

It's good for me that the industry is, right across the board, no longer about the games, and instead more about the contracts, the wannabe rock star egomaniacs at the helm of these companies, their dirty laundry, sales figures, hype and bullshit.

If I wasn't a greedy bastard who loved all that shit, I'd be pretty fed up with the industries Orwellian crap right about now.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Silentrider said:
Shin Megami Tensei isn't a JRPG? What is it then?

More of a real RPG than anything non-indie Western developers have put out for the better part of a decade.

Fuck you. He makes shitty games, hence, why he is an incompetent asshole at best, and an opportunistic piece of shit at worst. Considering he doesn't actually design the games he produces, but merely makes the decisions, i'm leaning towards the latter.

Ah, of course, I stand corrected. Probably a Jew, too.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Am I the only one who thinks that Kotick says things like this because he has some perverse pleasure from the fact he can say anything and it won't have any consequences? He repeatedly mentions that he screws studios, that he wants his employees not to have fun making games, that journalists are his bitches etc. and it doesn't affect his position at all, Activision games sell better than ever and criticism he gets for such claims is minimal. For me, he seems to be a real life, far less dangerous version of Sin City's senator Roark. Sure, it's quite a far fetched analogy but the reason they like to be in control would be very similar.

Nael

Arcane
Excommunicator said:
torpid and Decado I am sickened to be from the same join year as you,

I'm from '05 and I'm one of the worst posters on the Codex. What in the Hell does that tell you? At least I can sleep at night knowing I'm still better than you.

Jim Cojones

Prophet
He should play FF8 to change his opinion on jrpgs, he'd see a design soulmate in its big open world and level-scaling that would make oblivion blush.

Arcanoix

Scholar
Secretninja said:
Lyric Suite said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Ah, of course, I stand corrected. Probably a Jew, too.

According to that old Stormfront thread, he is a Jew.

Arcanoix is very butthurt about this post.

No. I'm not. It's just the Codex was starting to get officially recognized back when Angry Prick pulled some neo-nazi shit and around that time developers quit posting here. We don't need that shit here, and even typing it or referencing it was supposed to be a bannable offense, douchebag.

The only thing I am butthurt about in the video with Todd and how he brings up getting into the industry and the first thing he says is "college". As experienced, self-taught, and disciplined as I am, it makes no fucking difference if I don't have a piece of paper. Yet as soon as he brings up some of their interns/new people, he brings up their lack of experience, and those who DO have experience, gained it before they had their degree.

And let's not forget the worst part - if you have the experience/portfolio, that means NOTHING without a degree. BUT - with a degree, and with no experience, you at least get a chance. That's unequal opportunity! Ugh...FFFFUUUUU!!!!!!

levelup

Novice
From watching the interview it seemed to me like todd howard joined late into the elder scrolls games, they didnt want to hire him originally. So, how did he become so important in Bethesda? I would say he brought bethesda back to the black numbers, from reading the financial situation of Bethesda during the redguard/battlespire days.

levelup

Novice
Arcanoix said:
The only thing I am butthurt about in the video with Todd and how he brings up getting into the industry and the first thing he says is "college". As experienced, self-taught, and disciplined as I am, it makes no fucking difference if I don't have a piece of paper. Yet as soon as he brings up some of their interns/new people, he brings up their lack of experience, and those who DO have experience, gained it before they had their degree.

And let's not forget the worst part - if you have the experience/portfolio, that means NOTHING without a degree. BUT - with a degree, and with no experience, you at least get a chance. That's unequal opportunity! Ugh...FFFFUUUUU!!!!!!

As a fellow modder, I agree. Such blatant hypocrisy, my mods, my designs and such speak louder than any piece of carboard that cost me thousands in debt. You know that's more stupid ? Some of these big established studios's people in charge dont have a degree, and yet they demand one from their would-be applicants. I say screw them, and distribute your own efforts instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom