Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Multi-headed Cow

Bruticis said:
Ok, please put down all sharp objects and rocks while I ask a question.
:mca:
Bruticis said:
Is Last Remnant any good?
:mob:

4m3rica

Educated
Bruticis said:
Ok, please put down all sharp objects and rocks while I ask a question. Is Last Remnant any good? I know it's probably typical JRPG trash but the battle system intrigues me and I read a lot of moaning about how hard the game is. Has anyone tired it (that's willing to admit it)? I care less about the story in this case then the battle system and challenge, assuming there is any to be had here.

No sir, that is one of the worst JRPGs I have ever been disgraced to play. DO NOT BUY IT! It's fucking horrible. The combat plays itself, there is ZERO exploration, lame-ass characters. DO NOT BUY IT!

TripJack

Hedonist
lol paying for computer software what a novel concept

Ulminati said:
Chaos Theory >> Pandora Tomorrow > Original >>>> Double Agent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Conviction

pandora tomorrow better than the original? ha!

Multi-headed Cow

I'll copy this from the other thread since it interests Steam bros too.

Greenmangaming has Deus Ex Human Revolution for $36 with the code BEATT-HE20P-ECVAT and the game conveniently activates on Steam, so.... I broke down and preordered it because I AM WEAK. WEAK.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Ulminati said:
Admiral jimbob said:
Think I'll pick up Amnesia today. Tempted by one of the Splinter Cell games, but the stealth genre's generally a bit hit-and-miss with me. Which is the best?

Chaos Theory >> Pandora Tomorrow > Original >>>> Double Agent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Conviction
I thought the original was better than Pandora Tomorrow but yeah pretty much this.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Why, is it really scary or somethin? What kind of game is it, I only have a vague idea. Also I'm gonna try out Universe Sandbox and let you guys know in the next hour or so.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I looked at that Universe game but it seemed like there was no point. Probably the sandbox part of the title. I like a point to my games.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well I have typed out three statements about the game but the Codex keeps logging me out. Thumbs down don't bother. You can get the trial version if you want to.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Admiral jimbob said:
:what:

Think I might have to play Amnesia in 15-minute bursts...

If that's your reaction now, I expect it to be changed to "5 minute bursts, in a brightly lit room, with a safety blanket" soon enough. :smug:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Ulminati said:
Admiral jimbob said:
:what:

Think I might have to play Amnesia in 15-minute bursts...

If that's your reaction now, I expect it to be changed to "5 minute bursts, in a brightly lit room, with a safety blanket" soon enough. :smug:

Also get a camera to record your reactions while playing and post them here.

CrimsonAngel

Prophet
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So i bought Divinty 2 and i most say it is actually kind of a good.

Clunky and weird, but kind of fun.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
New stuff up!

There's 50% off of Duke Nukem forevah (lol!)

NWN2 plat is definately worth gettign if you haven't already gotten it. It comes with Mask of the Betrayer, which is as close to a Kodex Approved Next Gen Rpg there is.

Hitman games are pretty neat. I preferred Blood Money to Silent assassin, but both are pretty ok. Similar in many ways to splinter cell.

Haven't played Terraria. Dunno if I wanna get it. some eople worship it, but I think minecraft is for fags.

Portal 2 is at a semi-reasonable price. It's worth getting if you liked the original.

Anyone know which PoP games are worth getting (if any)?

Also slightly tempted by Post-Apocalyptic Mayhem, Supreme Commander (I liked Total Annihilation) and X. Can any KKKodex Bros give me a Kritikal Konsensus on them?

Multi-headed Cow

75% off Terraria, everyone should buy it immediately!

Kritical Konsensus on supcom2, not really as hardcore or unique as supcom1, but it has FUCKING WONDERFUL AI in skirmish (Not in campaign, campaign has usual dumb RTS campaign AI). If you're a big skirmish nerd for RTS it'd be worth grabbing at the dirt cheap price.

Multi-headed Cow

TripJack said:
terraria fucking blows even if it was free i wouldn't buy that shit
philosaptor-47.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Bought Prince of Persia trilogy. Sands of Time is fucking great, and the other games are OK.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Thinking of the PoP pack (5 games for $15.00) and the Hitman pack (3 for $7.50). Worth it or not?

Also slightly tempted by Post-Apocalyptic Mayhem, Supreme Commander (I liked Total Annihilation) and X. Can any KKKodex Bros give me a Kritikal Konsensus on them?
The X games bored me. Of course I only played X2 and probably didn't give it enough time.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Instantly bought Terraria at $2.50 -- better deal than I expected. Might pick up the X series. Portal 2 can wait until it's like $15 or less.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Annonchinil said:
I am still waiting for the Metro 2033 sale.

Wasn't that already a daily? Maybe not. Anyway, today is the last day for new dailies. Tomorrow will be repeats of the 'best' of the previous daily sales.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
oldmanpaco said:
Thinking of the PoP pack (5 games for $15.00) and the Hitman pack (3 for $7.50).

Do it, now. The Sands of Time trilogy is more than worth it alone.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom