Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Curia looks really weak and where is mah investiture rework. Unless they mean to talk about in some other dev diary.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I'd eat my hat if Muslims don't get Holy Orders. I'm strictly talking about pagans, where the situation is basically that 90% of the content is for Norse.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Also, Mutazili school. :incline:
Time to smite down those Ashari sandniggers and usher in a technocaliphate by the year 2000.

Grinolf

Arcane
So Paradox finally prove that it has balls. There are even a chance, that they add them in EU4 also.

But still there is no hint about conflicts between Popes and Kings/Emperors. Where is fight for investiture with wars and excommunications?
Also Ibadi presented as heresy and not as separate branch of Islam. Well, they always could change it later like in Miaphysitism case, that also was presented as heresy in first versions of the game.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
But Comrade Grindolf Miaphysitism is a heresy. Besides Paradox being too lazy to not put Catholic Apostolic Church before the Great Schizm into Old Gods was a big :decline:. Popes in IX century had fraction of Power the Curia amassed since XI century.

Grinolf

Arcane
But Comrade Grindolf Miaphysitism is a heresy. Besides Paradox being too lazy to not put Catholic Apostolic Church before the Great Schizm into Old Gods was a big :decline:. Popes in IX century had fraction of Power the Curia amassed since XI century.

Question about what is heresy is a tricky one. Since every branch of religion treat every other branches as deflection from one true teaching. So each current religion could be considered as heresy by everyone who are not member of that religion.
So the only distinction between religion and heresy, that I could think of, is the ability to not be wiped out and be strong enough to make members of other branches of your religion accept your existence, even partially.
Problem with Ibadi, that CK2 currently treat them as Sunni heretics. And looks like SoA continue do the same despite focus on Abrahamic religions. In same time EU4 treat them as Shia. Not even Shia heresy. That is total mess in my opinion, that could be solved by giving them separate religion, like in case of Miaphysitism. Funny thing, that EU4 continue to treat Miaphysitism as Ortodox, not even Ortodox heresy, despite changes in CK2.

Question about Catholic religion in 867 is also tricky. Schism process only ended in 1054, but started with coronation of Charlemange. So distinction between Catholic and Ortodox in The Old Gods isn't that wrong. But CK2 doing a very poor job at describing a rise of Pope's power from IX to XI century, as it steady decline since XII one.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
But that's what Jewish assassins do. It doesn't need pointing out.

But will they then charge extra if the target was some local lord and they end up killing half the town?

Heh, stupid question - of course they will.

Project: Eternity
crusaderkingsii_sons_of_abraham_6.png

:incline:

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
I'm more surprised that they haven't gotten threats from Mohammed appearing in some family trees in CK2. Granted, there's no face (though I could have sworn in earlier versions he had a random face), but still, he doesn't have 100 in all stats.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I'm more surprised that they haven't gotten threats from Mohammed appearing in some family trees in CK2. Granted, there's no face (though I could have sworn in earlier versions he had a random face), but still, he doesn't have 100 in all stats.

In the first versions he had a face. They edited it out.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron

In the first versions he had a face. They edited it out.

What a bunch of pussies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom