Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CKII is released.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Khazaria is out of the question given CK2's method of handling multi-religious states at the present. It simply cannot be done when in that case only the elites converted to Judaism and the vast majority remained a hodge-podge of local faiths.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Khazaria is out of the question given CK2's method of handling multi-religious states at the present. It simply cannot be done when in that case only the elites converted to Judaism and the vast majority remained a hodge-podge of local faiths.
Why not Jewish characters and Tengri provinces? That would be a good enough abstraction.

Cassidy

Arcane
Khazaria is out of the question given CK2's method of handling multi-religious states at the present and Paradox being a bastion of censorship in the name of liberalism. It simply cannot be done when in that case only the pureblood melonheads converted to Judaism and the mongrels and sapiens manboons remained a hodge-podge of local faiths.

Fixed.

Vaarna_Aarne

Why not Jewish characters and Tengri provinces? That would be a good enough abstraction.
Well, the problem then is mostly with the fact that if you continue trying to fix rebels into a credible threat, Khazaria won't survive twenty years from grand campaign start. And if you give them some kind of bonus against religious penalties, you open a different can of worms.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Modders fixed this. And this proper boofed rebels will gass all Joos make Khazaria unplayable argument is even more fitting for the Roman Empires. Both Original and German copy. As it is now both states are unrealistically stable.

Vaarna_Aarne

I still wouldn't get my hopes up for Khazars as a guaranteed pick. I'd more suspect various barony or county level Jews in the Middle-East.

If it's even coming. Paradox has never even mentioned Jews outside of Victoria.

Unwanted

Hornawkawk

Unwanted
Khazaria is out of the question given CK2's method of handling multi-religious states at the present and Paradox being a bastion of censorship in the name of liberalism. It simply cannot be done when in that case only the pureblood melonheads converted to Judaism and the mongrels and sapiens manboons remained a hodge-podge of local faiths.

Fixed.

you mean 'cleved'

Vaarna_Aarne

Fixed.

you mean 'cleved'
Paradox needs to make more games going further back so a proper World History According To Cleve series of mods can be made.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Am I misremembering this, or did they at some point announce that there were only going to be 4 expantion DLCs for CK2?
Still would like to see a Theocracy DLC.

Edit: nvm forgot about Sunset Invasion, which i don't have, so they are already at 5.

Last edited:

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Am I misremembering this, or did they at some point announce that there were only going to be 4 expantion DLCs for CK2?

Edit: nvm forgot about Sunset Invasion, which i don't have, so they are already at 5.

Not sure if they gave a number. I think the point is to make new dlcs as long as they sell.

G.O.D

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
True. But since EU4 is released, I think they don't want it to compete with another CK2 dlc though. I would assume they would want to market EU4 towards CK2 players, which makes another DLC less likely because of financial considerations.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
I still wouldn't get my hopes up for Khazars as a guaranteed pick. I'd more suspect various barony or county level Jews in the Middle-East.

If it's even coming. Paradox has never even mentioned Jews outside of Victoria.
Jewniggers. Nobody believes in the juju in Semien.

Vaarna_Aarne

If the pace is the same as before, we will probably have an announcement for the next major DLC soon enough.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron

Not long after the game they announced that they had specific plans for 4 big DLCs, and those have all been released. But they said nothing about those ever being the only big DLCs, and have since said that they now have plans for another year's worth of DLCs.

I think tengri provinces with largely jewish rulers would be a good way to represent khazaria. The rebel situation could be handled by giving tengri provinces lesser revolt risk if they are ruled by jews of the same culture. The main issue I see with this is that you would make characters that are currently playable if you have the Old Gods unplayable unless you have the Jew DLC.

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Another problem would be that Khazars should be able to raid and AFAIK raiding is tied to a pagan religion. Unless they changed it to a by a culture basis (ie. Altaic instead of Tengri), they would have to make Jewish religion rulers to be able to raid (which would not really work with Semien) or have the Khazars be stuck in the steppes where everyone of their neighbours can raid except for themselves.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
RUS! needs proper DLC too; the Seniority system of Kievan Rus with joint Capital in Novogrod-Kiev was unique on such scale and length in Jewrope and it cannot be properly recreated by making Russian Princess Feudal Dukes... Khazaria can be add-on to this as it was chief enemy of RUS! in IX-X Centuries. Well we'll see if Paradox has some backbone left to do this.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Another problem would be that Khazars should be able to raid and AFAIK raiding is tied to a pagan religion. Unless they changed it to a by a culture basis (ie. Altaic instead of Tengri), they would have to make Jewish religion rulers to be able to raid (which would not really work with Semien) or have the Khazars be stuck in the steppes where everyone of their neighbours can raid except for themselves.
Maybe the Khazars should be a Jewish heresy? Then they could have special mechanics to represent their steppe nomad way of life.

Grinolf

Arcane
Some Paradox devs commented in the past, that ladder succession is too fucking complicated to implement. That's why they still didn't add it. And without it, internal struggle between various Rus princes can't be properly represented. Of course they still could change their mind. They didn't want implement Tanistry also, but that succession isn't nearly as complicated.
Another option would be improving moddability, so players could create new succession themselves. But in terms of moddability CK2 is still a failure compared to other Paradox games.
But there is another problem with it. Why someone would even want to keep such abomination and not ditch it with first opportunity? Real Rus princes failed to do it, even when they had such possibility, until the end of 14 century. But it wasn't very smart thing for them to do. I don't see any reason, why human player would want to repeat that experience.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom