Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Warhorse's Kingdom Come: Deliverance Is Now on Kickstarter

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
You really should read the info on the Kickstarter page before coming to this brilliant conclusion. I doubt having eating requirements in the game, along with food spoilage, not to mention accurate weapon and armor relationships (warhammers vs plate armor, etc) is the way of consolized bullshit. Oh and also the small bit about multiple ways to do every quest and branching dialogue options, but I guess that doesn't cut it for edginess in a 3D game.

Dan Vavra said:
I simply dont see any reason why should I use turn based combat with dice throws, when its possible to do simulate very realistic and sophosticated realtime combat. In real life, I dont see fencers throwin a dice when they figt
Dan Vavra said:
Fallout New Vegas is my favourite RPG
Dan Vavra said:
Skyrim is the biggest and best open world western fantasy rpg
Dan Vavra said:
I designed for our game could be fully controlled by joypad

No thanks.

Rainbow Six says hi

I actually played a ton of Rogue Spear back in late 90s, and I know what you mean, but to me, there was still a huge leap in realism from Rainbow Six gameplay to Operation Flashpoint. You had to move slowly in Rainbow Six and tactically plan and all that, but once combat started, it would still be very gamey. Because of the close quarters and the AI, you could inch your way around a corner and neatly put a bullet in a bad guy's head before he would even see you from behind the wall, or just in general it was fairly easy to accurately shoot the bad guys because of smaller distances and tight gun controls. OFP was a completely fresh breath of air compared to that, and I could never go back to the Rainbow Six line of games after that.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
What the hell?!!! I refuse to believe that publishers are THAT dumb! :rpgcodex:
clueless, specifically. The only philosophy they are able to follow these days is follow the leader, ergo copy CoD, WoW, Angry Birds, whatever is popular and already has a loyal fanbase:avatard:.
Interestigly enough, however, the smaller the publisher, the more will to risk (but not enough money).

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Apart from some sequences that had bloom and HDR (hopefully configurable), I am already in love with the look of this game. It's time that someone from Europe shows the Americans, and the rest of the world how the Middle Ages truly looked. Bethesda know Disneyland and some stupid movies that's about it. But these guys from Prague, where practically every stone contains history, really have an eye for this stuff.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Dan Vavra said:
Fallout New Vegas is my favourite RPG
Dan Vavra said:
Skyrim is the biggest and best open world western fantasy rpg
Dan also wrote article 100+ reasons I hate Skyrim. Also tweeted later he would give it around 7/10.
So this sentence is supposed to mean this:"Skyrim is the biggest and best open world western fantasy rpg. Unfortunately, because there is no competition."

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I wonder if Dan Vavra is related to Otakar Vavra who did these movies (perfectly edited-in music from Conan, I like it)

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
The developer's posts here made it sound like casual, consolized bullshit in disguise, no thanks.

Because he does not suck up to the people here and say what they want to hear like Fargo does?

Your argument is basically that because it does not fit in the existing mold of TB crpg's it must be shit. His vision is clear and you can dislike it but its got nothing to do with casual or consolized bullshit.

F#@% them for trying something original. Right?

SophosTheWise

Cipher
The developer's posts here made it sound like casual, consolized bullshit in disguise, no thanks.

Because he does not suck up to the people here and say what they want to hear like Fargo does?

Your argument is basically that because it does not fit in the existing mold of TB crpg's it must be shit. His vision is clear and you can dislike it but its got nothing to do with casual or consolized bullshit.

F#@% them for trying something original. Right?

Agreed. Also according to the pitch, he cites Dark Souls as an inspiration and the GameStar article points out that the fights are similarly difficult.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I wonder if Feargus Urquhart is very happy or very upset that someone's testing the EPISODIC SKYRIM waters before he can.

Looks like trash, will not back.
He should be happy. Some unknown Euros testing the water for him? It's the best possible situation. If they even get close to their funding level, Obsidian should be able to blow it away.

Frusciante

Cipher
I wonder if Feargus Urquhart is very happy or very upset that someone's testing the EPISODIC SKYRIM waters before he can.

He should be happy. Some unknown Euros testing the water for him? It's the best possible situation. If they even get close to their funding level, Obsidian should be able to blow it away.

Yes but the total estimated budget of this game is around 7 million. 1,5 million spend so far + 0,5 from kickstarter + 5 million from investor if KS succeeds.

So thats a huge amount for a KS alone.

i would take this game over 20 other funded kickstarter pixel art 2D shitty platformers.

obviously skyshit/twicher references are for console tards to throw some cash.

so since i got hyped they probably will not get 500.000 and i will have to play shitty isometric nostalgic Unity vaporware :rage:

Kz3r0

Arcane
i would take this game over 20 other funded kickstarter pixel art 2D shitty platformers.

obviously skyshit/twicher references are for console tards to throw some cash.

so since i got hyped they probably will not get 500.000 and i will have to play shitty isometric nostalgic Unity vaporware :rage:
Ignore

Kz3r0

Arcane
This will be funded by the way.

Yes but the total estimated budget of this game is around 7 million. 1,5 million spend so far + 0,5 from kickstarter + 5 million from investor if KS succeeds.

Add STEAM early access and paypal donations after that and this will probably rise two million dollars on its own.

Frusciante

Cipher
This will be funded by the way.

Add STEAM early access and paypal donations after that and this will probably rise two million dollars on its own.

Yes and ofcourse the KS itself could go above 500k.

What was Witchers 2 budget? Does anyone know?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom