Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Lambchop19 said:
You don't think you lose face when all your wedding guests shit their pants? Wow. Remind me never to attend your wedding.
Dude. Please. Bear with me.

Nevill said:
Certainly he has much to lose from it, reputation-wise. But should Lingshu marry someone else, he will lose it all.
Here is what I wrote. What part of it does imply that he does't lose face?

Seriously, dude. :rpgcodex:
Yeah, I know. Just couldn't resist the one-liner. Sorry, bro. :M
Lambchop19 said:
Who cares about completely ruining him?
He does. Obviously. :|:|:|
Your turn to follow me: Why should WE be so focused on it? Again, our goal should be to prevent the marriage and restore Song to the head of the sect, but we don't need to crown Bai head of the sect as well to do it. Humiliating him is enough. Let Song's own clout take care of it beyond that.

Is this not an incentive to marry her ASAP, no matter how it looks like?

Mao spent several decades infiltrating Qingcheng. He will not give up because he is too ashamed to proceed with the plan.
Again, follow me: He won't quit because of shame. He'll be forced out after being publicly humiliated and losing Song's support. Again, Song is choosing to do this right now and he needs her to do so. If he had the level of "infiltration" you are talking about, he'd have simply deposed her or FORCED her to marry him.

Why indeed. Why is the guy in power at all if Lingshu is capable of leading the sect by herself?
He is not going to lose all of his connections overnight because of the humiliation. It will weaken him, but not destroy him, and you can rest assured he will try to get back at his feet by whatever means possible. He does have influence on Lingshu.
Apparently so much influence that we can convince her to run off and ditch him. :lol: He's got connections, but not depose/rape-marry the current leader connections. If he did, he wouldn't need to cement his authority with a marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Lambchop19 said:
Your turn to follow me: Why should WE be so focused on it? Again, our goal should be to prevent the marriage and restore Song to the head of the sect, but we don't need to crown Bai head of the sect as well to do it. HUmiliating him is enough. Let Song's own clout take care of it.
Because I don't believe 1C is going to be enough to cut the possibility of a marriage off.

Lambchop19 said:
If he had the level of "infiltration" you are talking about, he'd have simply deposed her or FORCED her to marry him.
He obviously does force her. He is pressuring her into it. He already deposed her from her position of the sect leader - that is what Qi Liuwu was talking about.

Oh, and the possibility of him murdering Lingshu was floating around. He just has more use for her is she is alive and well - it solidifies his sect better this way. But he already is a de-facto master, make no mistake.

Lambchop19 said:
Apparently so much influence that we can convince her to run off and ditch him.
Without our influence to counteract his, this is what would have happened. And C leaves him alone with Lingshu with no one to bolster her resolve.

No, I don't see it your way.

Last edited:

Well, if you think that you and almost all of your peers shitting yourselves at your wedding in your house isn't humiliating and shaming to the point that most people no longer respect you and would not make the girl - who doesn't love you - want to resist marrying you, I don't think anything I say is going to convince you.

Rex Feral

Prophet
I may be persuaded to flop for the second choice to B, but there is no way in hell I will support such a retarded thing like 1C. Since BJ recognized us it will be clear as fuck to everyone who did it. Do we really want to antagonize everyone? Hell Song Linshu might be so pissed at us that she will marry the guy of her own free will.

Besides, if it was my wedding I wouldn't let this stupid incident foil my master plan.

Rex Feral

Prophet
Actually if this happened and I were Mao I'd turn it around to appear the victim of Man Tiger Pig. I'd pretend to be devastated that I couldn't ensure the perfect wedding for Song Lingshu, trying to get sympathy from her and further extending my grasp over her.

Yeah, girls are real sympathetic to old-man grooms who shit themselves in public on HER wedding day. That's the kind of thing that brings couples together. She'll probably be eager to tell her grandkids all about how her husband-to-be projectile-shat all over the wedding cake. :D

Nevill

Arcane
Actually if this happened and I were Mao I'd turn it around to appear the victim of Man Tiger Pig. I'd pretend to be devastated that I couldn't ensure the perfect wedding for Song Lingshu, trying to get sympathy from her and further extending my grasp over her.
In the end, it is just a stupid incident, another one of Man Tiger Pigs's escapades. I don't see it stopping a meticulous guy like Mao.

He will not give up. He will rally up his connections. If Lingshu tries to take the mantle of the leader back from him, this will lead to the split inside the sect - a split that she wants to avoid in the first place, that is why she is giving her future away for the benefit of the sect.

For the sect to prosper, one of them needs to step down, and Mao Sanjiao wound never do this.

Yeah, girls are real sympathetic to old-man grooms who shit themselves in public on HER wedding day. That's the kind of thing that brings couples together. She'll probably be eager to tell her grandkids all about how her husband-to-be projectile-shat all over the wedding cake. :D
It would not be his fault. For that matter, he does not need her to be sympathetic to him, personally - he only needs her to convince that it is for the good of the sect, and it still would be.

I can see no other way to stop the marriage but to remove either Sanjiao or Lingshu from the equation.

Last edited:

Rex Feral

Prophet
Yeah I really can't imagine Song Linshu telling an old crestfallen man, sad only because he couldn't guarantee her a perfect wedding and prevent our dumbfuckery, which no one saw it coming, to go fuck himself.

She's too much a good girl, and Mao will manipulate her on it, as he already had.

She will probably pity him and try to consolate him somehow.

Ok. Suuuure. :lol: The question is, will she help him wipe before saying, "I do.", or after?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What's stopping her from also shitting her pants? Laxatives do not discriminate. Bonding through diarrhoea brings a couple closer together. :lol:

Nevill

Arcane
"Come, my many connections! I rally you!"
"Yes, lord shits-a-lot!"
Do you really think that all of his connections are built on respect, and not on money, favors, blackmail and the like? If some of the schools came under his leadership Songfeng-style, or if he bribed people into following him, or if they are in power as long as he is in power, who cares about his reputation?

I am not saying you can't disrupt the marriage. You can.

I am not sure you are doing enough for him not to attempt again, though. And this is not a part of the plan in C, where all you want is to humiliate the Eight Sects.

What's stopping her from also shitting her pants? Laxatives do not discriminate. Bonding through diarrhoea brings a couple closer together. :lol:
Ah, but then it'd be true love and we'd have no reason to intervene. :D

Nevill

Arcane
Wild speculation on what is about to happen.

We agree with BJ to visit Lingshu together and convince her to flee. Just as we are done, zhang manxing comes by because he just can't miss a chance to check on a pretty girl. He busts our meeting up, and we will have to choose:

1) To kill manxing while BJ runs away with Lingshu.
2) Have BJ kill manxing while we run away with Lingshu.
3) To duel manxing while BJ runs away with Lingshu, but leave him alive so that he would be able to tell on BJ's role in the events.

That one would be fun.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter

We agree with BJ to visit Lingshu together and convince her to flee. Just as we are done, zhang manxing comes by because he just can't miss a chance to check on a pretty girl. He bust our meeting up, and we will have to choose:

3) To duel manxing while BJ runs away with Lingshu, but leave him alive so that he would be able to tell on BJ's role in the events.

That one would be fun.
4) kill manxing and leave a note on his body 'I BJ did this and I stole your bride. Huehuehueshan!'

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

We agree with BJ to visit Lingshu together and convince her to flee. Just as we are done, zhang manxing comes by because he just can't miss a chance to check on a pretty girl. He bust our meeting up, and we will have to choose:

That one would be fun.
4) kill manxing and leave a note on his body 'I BJ did this and I stole your bride. Huehuehueshan!'
5)Add- P. S. as a result of an old bet, Zhang Jue will pay you 400000 yuan. Please go and collect from him in Person.

Nevill

Arcane
Oh, and one more thing.
I thought it was pretty well established that Nie is still stronger than BJ? I mean, the guy's a master for a reason, even if during the fight he stuck to the sidelines. He's still a powerful pugilist in his own right and he has years of experience backing him up. BJ may have greater potential than him, but he's not stronger for now and it shouldn't really be a surprise that a master gets the nomination over someone who's still his pupil, should it? I saw him as being shocked by the turn of events or else the speed at which it happened, not so much by a shock at himself being passed over.
I thought it was addressed, but apparently not.

Bai Juitian was in the same tier with his master pre-timeskip, just shy of actually rivaling him in skill:
Tier Three
Miecao, Nie Wuxing, Chi Tianxie, Haurvatat
Bai Jiutian
Su Cheng, Liu Ye
And he was still improving at a steady pace two years ago, as evidenced by our Wudang adventures. Since BJ is an actual fighter who does not shy from combat (see the battle at the Black Tiger Valley), and Nie is a coward resting on his laurels who turned to machinations, it would not surprise me if Jiutian have surpassed him by now.

While I, too, do not think he had a right to expect to be chosen as a leader of the pugilistic world and his surprise there does not indicate his anger at being passed over (the line of succession was a known thing), I think he has achieved everything he could in Huashan, and being their best disciple - or their second best disciple, as it may be - does not suit his ambitions anymore. We can work with that.

Last edited:

profreshinal

Arcane
BA

BJ is probably kept out of the loop of the conspiracies that have been happening and he never truly acted as a jackass.

also can someone translate me what the shidi/shixiong mean?

“Well, if he appears here then I shall be relying on you to defeat him, my dear shidi,” says a cultured voice cheerfully. Bai Jiutian. “Y-yes, of course, shixiong! Leave it to me,” replies Zhang Manxing with a trace of hesitation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom