Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

MilesBeyond

Cipher
So I could buy Arcanum for a dollar and a half and also get SimCity 2000 for free. Hm...
:philosoraptor:

Wait, when the fuck are they going to add SimCity 3000 to the catalog? That one has always been my favourite!

Right? I actually prefer both SC4 and SC2K to 3K, but 3K was still a frigging rad game, and it's not available for sale anywhere. There must be some sort of weird ownership thing going on, because I really don't see how both GOG and Steam could not have managed to pick it up yet.

There's already a GoG thread. Ban OP.

I wish I were that lucky. After my transgression the mods traced my IP address, locked my computer, and informed me that they won't allow me to play any games at all until I 100% Ultima IX. 3 times.

solomonhume

Novice
On sale update:

RPGs:
System Shock 2
Risen
Land of Lore
Legend of Grimrock

AVGs:
Gaberiel Knight series
Grim Fandango

PeachPlumage

Cipher
Just bought - The Banner Saga and System Shock 2. Last time I played system shock 2 was about 5 years ago or maybe more.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, now this is a new one.

Coming Soon: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
f977e56ab5f9622d97f6548a226b76212458ec676fd8a36c0c500c1ac0637311.jpg

With Kickstarter beta access on GOG.com!

Underrail anyone? Battle Brothers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Delbaeth

Learned
After advertising few Kickstarter RPG projects in twitter for instance during their crowdfunding campaigns and right after them (Pillars of Eternity, Tides of Numenera IIRC), they finally are going to this officially.
I wouldn't be happy if most developpers screwed an essential point of early Kickstarter campaings: allowing DRM-free release. Now it's Steam this Steam that.
Sadly we can only count on GOG to hope having further DRM-free releases based on Kickstarter. Few developpers who have released both Steam keys and DRM-free download on such sites as Humble or Gamersgate have stop updating DRM-free ones: "if you want to have updated games, you have Steam".
Sadly it is where we are.
So good move from GOG.

solomonhume

Novice
I've never touched wizardy. What can I expect, something like Grimrock?
Wizardry series are turn based, while Grimrocks are real time.
Wizardry 8 allows free roaming, while earlier ones and Grimrocks are grid-based.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Is Omikron worth a try?
Interesing world + His Majesty David Bowie. Yes.
Only that amnesia theme cliche, for people that are tired of it.

Should i buy Grim Fandango HD if I never played the original one?
Yes.
Unless you got original box from somewhere, love to patch things by yourself and want some fight with interface and control.

Last edited:

solomonhume

Novice
Should i buy Grim Fandango HD if I never played the original one?

Yes. Actually, you should skip it if you have the original one.
The improvements are mainly 3D character models and shadows. Most of the 2D image in the game are kept the same.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
That's exactly what's not working. It simply doesn't find the game (neither the zipped download files with GOG Downloader version number nor the installed game). And when it does like in case of Neo Scavenger then it just downloads the whole thing again. This is shit.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So Robin Hood The Legend of Sherwood is on sale for a couple of euros,is it worth it a a commandos clone?

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
I remember that one vaguely. It was some sort of medieval Commandos clone with shitty base management tacked on.
Lost interest very fast, dunno why anymore, but I'm pretty certain it had to do with the base management stuff.

pippin

It is a medieval Commandos, the base management aspect wasn't that important though. It's somewhat easier than Commandos, but it has some of the best 2d backgrounds I've ever seen.
If I remember correctly it had bad framerate issues on modern systems, I don't know if this has been fixed yet.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Last edited:

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
What's the difference between Risen 2 gold and normal Risen 2 on GOG? Also, if i enjoyed Risen, is it worth it discounted even if it's shit?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom