Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

panda

Savant
The final dungeon in chapter 4 is really hard. I steamrolled everything else in the chapter(had to reroll camp fight once, easy when you know it is coming), but some of these fights feel insanely tricky, like I'm missing a level or two.

Fuckers keep critting me for 120+ damage, instantly killing everything. Or doing 1d4 level drain per attack.

Cool dungeon in general though.
Really cool dungeon, i agree. Though final fight was rather disapponting, especially compared to elementals right before(was toughest encounter in entire dungeon for me). Would be much better with at least a couple of melee guardians instead of useless raven.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
"Flying away to the moon on a butthurt thruster" I like this phrase, it should be a new tag.
I love how you say this, and in the very next post, Tyrone appears as if summoned.
Question (some spoilers)-

I cleared the Undead Cyclops area where you lose the LGYBQ guy. I got back to town, got the split quest. Went to help the annoying lady immediately, and that finished that quest.

I did not clear any of the shit in that area. I went straight to the annoying lady did her part, then the other part - quest done. I prefer to clear everything possible before doing the advancement quests. The quest makes it sound like there is a huge rush. Is there? If not, how much time do I have to clear everything? I definitely plan on doing the annoying lady part first over going after the gay guy.

Is there any hard information on this? Is there good reason to restart before entering the area that starts the quest, like content that gets locked if you don't do it first? Any and all information is welcome.

Seriously - how long do you have from killing the cyclops guy and needing to start the quest with the barbarian lady in the NW area? I can't ask on steam because I am banned. Even some of you nuCodexers should know this.
It's funny how you end up quoting yourself because nobody cared to answer the first time you asked, and yet you end your post with another one of your impotent and meaningless insults, just to ensure that people are even less inclined to care about you. We really need to have a "King Autist" tag, population: You.
Delete this post. Don’t ruin it for people!
The boy literally writes "Spoilers" in a running sentence, instead of actually using the spoiler tags. Do you expect him to even understand what they are for or why one should use them?
Also I have no idea where toro gets his xp, I'm level 11 in end of chapter 4, and I *just* got that. In general I had trouble finding xp sources between chapter 3 and 4, because of the travel blocks west and east. Wound up skipping a lot more days than I wanted.

He might be playing it with lesser-sized party without XP sharing. He could also be grinding random encounters or maybe he just has a squad that is more prone to getting into them.
Unless there's a significant shift in random encounters later in the game, random encounters is a terrible, terrible way to get extra experience, and an awful investment of time. I mean, you could still do it, but I sincerely doubt anyone would do it systematically. I think it's more beneficial to do proper exploration and do extra areas, if possible.

Turning off XP-sharing and running with a smaller party is probably the best way to stack extra experience, if that's what someone wants to do. It's also pretty easy to use the "only those that use a skill successfully gets xp from it"-setting, which could skew things in the party a lot.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane
Question (some spoilers)-

I cleared the Undead Cyclops area where you lose the LGYBQ guy. I got back to town, got the split quest. Went to help the annoying lady immediately, and that finished that quest.

I did not clear any of the shit in that area. I went straight to the annoying lady did her part, then the other part - quest done. I prefer to clear everything possible before doing the advancement quests. The quest makes it sound like there is a huge rush. Is there? If not, how much time do I have to clear everything? I definitely plan on doing the annoying lady part first over going after the gay guy.

Is there any hard information on this? Is there good reason to restart before entering the area that starts the quest, like content that gets locked if you don't do it first? Any and all information is welcome.

Seriously - how long do you have from killing the cyclops guy and needing to start the quest with the barbarian lady in the NW area? I can't ask on steam because I am banned. Even some of you nuCodexers should know this.
You should consider you have no time at all left,i was almost out of time when i did, rush immediately to the northwest then once you done the battlefield part , immediately start the send scout events.Then do the river crossing book event(bit south of the river) to maximize the chance to find armag's tomb. Do tristian quest , then immediately do armag's tomb once scout event solved,if you see it... Keep lot of saves cause even if you finish it all your game may very well be bugged and no more events will appear.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
om...I cleared the Womb (END of chapter 3) at lvl9....where do you even get the XP from to get to lvl10 before the start of that chapter?

I was 10 when entering the Womb and pretty sure that it's impossible to be even 11 unless you farm road encounters... For a yeat that is.

There are people does that though.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
At what level did you guys kill the Crag Linnorm?
I just vanish'd and looted the stuff behind it, then let it leave #pacifism.

I have rules questions (more like implementation question?):
If I am alchemist with sneak attacks and take feral mutagen, do I get sneak attacks with all 3 weapons?
If I equip the special cloak that gives me a free trip attempt when hitting on bite, does this free trip benefit from feats like Improved trip?
If I drink strength mutagen, it reduces int, does this reduced int mean I can't 'cast' spells any more if it goes below the required value?

Feral Vivisectionist seems like it could be a fun build.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
At what level did you guys kill the Crag Linnorm?
I just vanish'd and looted the stuff behind it, then let it leave #pacifism.

I have rules questions (more like implementation question?):
If I am alchemist with sneak attacks and take feral mutagen, do I get sneak attacks with all 3 weapons?
If I equip the special cloak that gives me a free trip attempt when hitting on bite, does this free trip benefit from feats like Improved trip?
If I drink strength mutagen, it reduces int, does this reduced int mean I can't 'cast' spells any more if it goes below the required value?

Feral Vivisectionist seems like it could be a fun build.
I can't say anything about implementation, but I would consider it bugs if the answers wouldn't be:

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) Yes.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Quick questions:

1. these items aren't special, they're not needed for some crafting system later, are they?
feb656bfa3c18a74c72246e99f499a8f.png

2. I went into the caves to find Tortucio, killed him, but I didn't explore the caves to the fullest and I've not gone to the lower levels. My party is full now, but I'm not missing any companions, am I? Like Octavia?

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have to say, loading into an area... and some areas have like 3 loading screens just to fight one random monster for one random piece of loot is getting old. It seems to happen more and more now at the end chapters. These places on the map have no dialogue, no relevance to anything, just three loading screens to fight a monster. First enter the forest area. Find a portal. Portal lead to "the world between" that has another portal. Which finally leads to "the first world" and there you get a fight a monster in a tiny area, an area which you probably have seen before.

There is so much dead time in the game overall. Especially in the later levels. Traveling takes forever since the distances get fairly large, and you constantly have to go back and forth to get new quests. And don't forget the added bonus of having to rest every 100 meter, and then we have random encounters on top of that. I think I have been attacked by the same air elementals now 10 times. At some points nothing at all happens in your kingdom. You just have wait and sit it out. Boy, this game is exhausting and boring to play currently. I have started to have a movie going, or an audiobook playing, else I would lose my interest. I know I can stop playing, but I wanna see the end after this many hours...

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Quick questions:

1. these items aren't special, they're not needed for some crafting system later, are they?
feb656bfa3c18a74c72246e99f499a8f.png

2. I went into the caves to find Tortucio, killed him, but I didn't explore the caves to the fullest and I've not gone to the lower levels. I'm not missing any companions, am I? Like Octavia?
Those things are indeed special. Keep all of them, give to storyteller in keep. At the very least, you get a bunch of dosh. And no, no companions in the basement of the old sycamore

Canus

Savant
I have to say, loading into an area... and some areas have like 3 loading screens just to fight one random monster for one random piece of loot is getting old. It seems to happen more and more now at the end chapters. These places on the map have no dialogue, no relevance to anything, just three loading screens to fight a monster. First enter the forest area. Find a portal. Portal lead to "the world between" that has another portal. Which finally leads to "the first world" and there you get a fight a monster in a tiny area, an area which you probably have seen before.

There is so much dead time in the game overall. Especially in the later levels. Traveling takes forever since the distances get fairly large, and you constantly have to go back and forth to get new quests. And don't forget the added bonus of having to rest every 100 meter, and then we have random encounters on top of that. I think I have been attacked by the same air elementals now 10 times. At some points nothing at all happens in your kingdom. You just have wait and sit it out. Boy, this game is exhausting and boring to play currently. I have started to have a movie going, or an audiobook playing, else I would lose my interest. I know I can stop playing, but I wanna see the end after this many hours...

On the plus side some of those bloom rooms can be used for fast travel. Although you probably lose real-time due to the loading screens.

Mortmal

Arcane

There's a reason for those lone monsters although, have you explored the well in your capital ?

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I guess getting Amiri
to kill her clan leader and then spit in her ex girlfriend's face, leaving the tribe to die was some sort of bad end, but it felt really nice. :M

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Looking for a small spoiler-free campaign planning hint from whomever cares to PM me.

I simply want to know if Jaethal, who I envision my LG Paladin attempting to slowly turn towards goodness, will eventually leave my party permanently.

I'd like to know this now, since I have the game configured to not scale new companions to match existing character levels, so if she does ditch me whoever I use to replace her will be at a serious disadvantage.

Again, please PM if you'd be so kind.

Thanks!

gestalt11

Arbiter
It looks like the game has 6 chapters.

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Stag Lord
Chapter 2 - Troll Troubles
Chapter 3 - Season of Bloom (ends with capital invasion or Womb of Lamashtu)
Chapter 4 - Vanishing of Varnhold (ends with Vordekai's tomb)
Chapter 5 - The Twice-born Warlord (ends with Armag's Tomb)
Coronation
Chapter 6 - War of the River Kings (optional)

Season of Bloom is triggered when there are still 25 days until Ancient Curse Phase 2.
Also it looks like the player's party should be around lvl 10-12 at the end of chapter 2.

I think there are actually 7 chapters

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Optional? What?

Does that mean my game officially ended with the
coronation
What a weird ending if that is the case I have to say. There is no indication it is the end.

Some people on Steam said that the last chapter is optional based on your decision. I don't know.

Edit: Last chapter is still unfinishable. It's not optional. I did not understood properly.

The War of the River Kings is the last chapter in the game.

Krom...I cleared the Womb (END of chapter 3) at lvl9....where do you even get the XP from to get to lvl10 before the start of that chapter?

I also cleared the Womb at lvl 9 but many people are lvl 10 -11 when they enter it.

I think there are actually 7 chapters

Post your order.

Last edited:

Ibbz

Augur
Hahaha, has anyone reached the 'Blakemoor' encounter yet near Pitax?
Once you've helped Blakemoor complete his final masterpiece, he gets attacked by a creature known as 'Sirotek' (which just happens to be the last name of one the Sir-Tech founders) who believes Blakemoor's words will open the gates of hell.

Finally! :D

Did they tie in his quest with the Pitax pirates?

Yes :D

NOxc3fL.png

Cael

Arcane
Well, that one is deaded.
Turns out Harrim has some serious metal killing plot powers!

Ye gads, with that 49 to hit it had am I glad to have Mirror Image+Concealment!
Ugh! Seriously? They threw "muh NPC has spehshual powez" into the game? Eww! First lazy stat bloat and now this... I am losing hope here...

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Ugh! Seriously? They threw "muh NPC has spehshual powez" into the game? Eww! First lazy stat bloat and now this... I am losing hope here...

Harrim can destroy an anvil. Jaethal can resurrect shit ... but only when the plot requires it.

Cael

Arcane

Harrim can destroy an anvil. Jaethal can resurrect shit ... but only when the plot requires it.
I don't mind him destroying an anvil as a off-screen gag type of comic relief, but to actually have special powers while doing something plot related is retarded DM-ing.

Efe

Erudite
Guess I'm paying the karma for abusingi immortal amiri. That naga was bullshit though.
Now game isn't progressing after raiding pitax. i only got a couple of events saying "pitax is winning"...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom