Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex's GOTY! The best RPG of 2018?

What is the best RPG of 2018?

• Shadows: Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Immortal: Unchained

• Graveyard Keeper

• Death's Gambit

• Imperatum

• Moonlighter

• Smoke and Sacrifice

• Magic Scroll Tactics

• Long Gone Days

• State of Decay 2

• Phantom Doctrine

• Ash of Gods: Redemption

• Call of Cthulhu

• Aeon of Sands - The Trail

• Total voters

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Big Brother. Obviously.

I don't think it was released this year though.

I don't have time to play games. And when there is a game that makes me want to make time for it, it's a buggy mess or is unplayable on my outdated computer.

So yeah. Big Brother it is.

Egosphere

Arcane
If most time played meant anything at all Solitaire would have been my GOTY 1998-2006...

People can spend tons of time with trash games. Some quality games can be completed in a day. I am surprised that 2018 is about to end and people still measure game quality by hours played. It is not the 80s anymore people.

Well said.

Believe me I'd much sooner get sucked off by Emilia Clark for 15min and spunk all over her pretty face, than spend a lifetime married to Melissa McCarthy

But he said people can spend tons of time with trash games. So Melissa would be sucking you off for 4 hours.

Skdursh

Savant
What is this? IGN? The year is not over yet.
This so much. Making a GOTY poll before the year has ended is something a modern "game journalist" would do. Perhaps OP should reconsider his life choices.
:decline:
There really aren't that many RPGs left on the horizon though. December is probably going to be a fairly dead month besides Mutant Year Zero, Edge of Eternity, Jagged Alliance RAGE! and possibly ATOM RPG if it actually releases. I personally don't really have my hopes up for EoE or Jagged Alliance.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
This so much. Making a GOTY poll before the year has ended is something a modern "game journalist" would do. Perhaps OP should reconsider his life choices.
There really aren't that many RPGs left on the horizon though. December is going to be a fairly dead month besides Mutant Year Zero and possibly ATOM if it actually releases.

Skdursh

Savant
There really aren't that many RPGs left on the horizon though. December is going to be a fairly dead month besides Mutant Year Zero and possibly ATOM if it actually releases.

What a valid and interesting point you have there. :retarded:

Also, I joined on Nov 26. It says it right there. It's not hard.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

It says "Nov 27" for me as well. I think different time zones are taken into account. It's not hard.

Skdursh

Savant

It says "Nov 27" for me as well. I think different time zones are taken into account. It's not hard.
Regardless, lording "old guy" status over people isn't really a valid argument.

Codex Year of the Donut

says Nov 26 for me and I live in the only timezone that matters therefore it's Nov 26

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot

says Nov 26 for me and I live in the only timezone that matters therefore it's Nov 26

Suicidal

Arcane
I haven't played a single game on this list except for Kingmaker, which I played for like 2 hours total so that doesn't count.

I voted for Fallout 76, because even without playing it, all the drama surrounding it gave me some entertainment.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I voted for Fallout 76, because even without playing it, all the drama surrounding it gave me some entertainment.

If a large percentage of the votes headed towards F76 are like yours, then I accept and respect the position.

I felt the same way after the Diablo Immortal "announcement", where after the whole auditorium booed Activision-Blizzard off ("Do you guys not have phones?"), they actually handed out mementos and keepsakes to all attendees. --- That was entertainment in its purest form. :)

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Interesting to see Pathfinder leading by so much, I take it all the bugs have been ironed out? I am holding off on the purchase until it is in a finished state.

Of the games on the list, I went for PoE2. Would have been Kingdom Come, but first person perspective just makes me dizzy these days.

moraes

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There really aren't that many RPGs left on the horizon though. December is probably going to be a fairly dead month besides Mutant Year Zero, Edge of Eternity, Jagged Alliance RAGE! and possibly ATOM RPG if it actually releases. I personally don't really have my hopes up for EoE or Jagged Alliance.

Kenshi also releases this December, this Thursday in fact!
fantadomat, you forgot Kenshi.

Skdursh

Savant
Interesting to see Pathfinder leading by so much, I take it all the bugs have been ironed out? I am holding off on the purchase until it is in a finished state.

Of the games on the list, I went for PoE2. Would have been Kingdom Come, but first person perspective just makes me dizzy these days.
It still has bugs, but it's just a really good game despite them.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Pathfinder, because it is a decent game with a decent story and the devs actually seem to give a fuck about their product. Is it the bestest shit ever? No but it is the best RPG we are gonna get any time soon.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

The vast majority of people who voted Kingmaker haven't even touched it yet...

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Pathfinder, because it is a decent game with a decent story and the devs actually seem to give a fuck about their product. Is it the bestest shit ever? No but it is the best RPG we are gonna get any time soon.

They give so many fucks about their product that they released a pre-Alpha version and every patchlog is longer than a wikipedia entry...

Shadenuat

Arcane
Also people who like Pathfinder don't spam shitty polls :shittydog:

have the megathread instead. do come in, read it.

some people are still lost around page 257 judging by alerts and can't get out
it's like they are living in the dark ages

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom