Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
is anyone doing a potd playthrough then? i need to see what people are doing

I just did. What do you want to know?

Which fights of SSS did you do without any reloads or consumables - all of them, on a blind first try?

I'm gonna do the DLC now and see if I can manage it.

I did the Beast of the slayer ones and Rite of passage first, no deaths.

Then I did the bonus fights for beast, still no deaths.

When I went into the other two paths I started dying a bit. I died once to The spider's web and twice to Lagufaeth brood.

I died once to Gul Trouble Endurance trial and I died four times to Skeleton crew which I found to be the hardest fight by far and my party was poorly optimized for.

I also had to reload for the fire titan once due to a bug.

I didn't use any consumables, summons or food (or rather I used fruit or the inn in the arena).

My party consisted of mc Evoker, Eder two handed fighter/rogue, Xoti melee Priest, Seraphen ranged barb/cipher, Aloth wizard.

As mentioned earlier I primarily focused on having tight formations, using alpha strikes and aoe spells + minoletta. On MC I stacked fire power levels and used meteor shower for most fights (magrans favour, fire throwers gloves and Otto starcat). For Aloth i used the vaporous wizardry grimoare and for MC I used ninagauths teachings.

Beyond that I had not thought about equipment to any significant degree and none of my weapons were upgraded to legendary (all superb).

Edit: Looking through my post SSS save now I realize that I somehow had forgot to equip boots on Xoti. :lol:

Last edited:

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah, I had plenty of full party wipes on my first SSS run, but afterwards I realized my party is still wearing some stuff from tutorial island. On launch PoTD was such a cakewalk, I didn't bother upgrading the gear that much.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
i wanted to see video of someone doing the first island.
only have a couple bombs +eder+ xoti and ur supposed to kill some tough shit.

Don't have a video, but if you are talking about the drake fight, I used food and drugs to buff everyone and crafted whatever potions and scrolls I could (I used 2 Fan of Flames scrolls, but they are too unreliable due to the higher Reflex defense of the panthers. If they work, they are great, but healing scrolls would've been more reliable), I laid a trap on one of the platforms, alpha stroke the boar with ranged attacks, huddled up in a corner so not all of the panthers could attack me and only used Xoti to heal the damage. Killed the panthers and then the drake with the sabre modal. I had to conserve some of my Crippling Strikes for the drake. I also used healing potions and the potion of Spirit Shield Xoti came with. The RNG had to favor me, though. It would be vastly easier if you are a Druid or Wizard.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

Which fights of SSS did you do without any reloads or consumables - all of them, on a blind first try?

I'm gonna do the DLC now and see if I can manage it.

I did the Beast of the slayer ones and Rite of passage first, no deaths.

Then I did the bonus fights for beast, still no deaths.

When I went into the other two paths I started dying a bit. I died once to The spider's web and twice to Lagufaeth brood.

I died once to Gul Trouble Endurance trial and I died four times to Skeleton crew which I found to be the hardest fight by far and my party was poorly optimized for.

I also had to reload for the fire titan once due to a bug.

I didn't use any consumables, summons or food (or rather I used fruit or the inn in the arena).

My party consisted of mc Evoker, Eder two handed fighter/rogue, Xoti melee Priest, Seraphen ranged barb/cipher, Aloth wizard.

As mentioned earlier I primarily focused on having tight formations, using alpha strikes and aoe spells + minoletta. On MC I stacked fire power levels and used meteor shower for most fights (magrans favour, fire throwers gloves and Otto starcat). For Aloth i used the vaporous wizardry grimoare and for MC I used ninagauths teachings.

Beyond that I had not thought about equipment to any significant degree and none of my weapons were upgraded to legendary (all superb).

Edit: Looking through my post SSS save now I realize that I somehow had forgot to equip boots on Xoti. :lol:

Ah, I didn't see you had lvl 19 on watcher, thought everyone was <18, read it wrong. But with 2 wizards + brilliant + priest I don't doubt you.

I did the seeker path + champion with no wipes, but my party was 20. Was kinda disappointingly short, coolest part was blasting enemy party which was rope climbing.

Gonna go through FS now then maybe do all of the optional fights.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
also the pillows series is officially done.. no way microsoft funds more of this shit.

Allegedly the final conversation they added with Rekke is a sequel hook that suggests Skyrim of Eternity will take place in his mysterious desert land. Fantasy desert would give them a bit of a unique identity, since Beth has forests, plains, and mountains covered.

Efe

Erudite
i think you need guns for barrels...
cos when i tried with bows they just dropped a pile of gunpowder
only bombs you can craft are stun bombs.
i used the cinders with boar/bird fight so only have stuns.
said fuck it skipped aloth and pulled/kited mobs inside them and picked him up on way out.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

i wanted to see video of someone doing the first island.
only have a couple bombs +eder+ xoti and ur supposed to kill some tough shit.

Yea it's pretty tough / fun and made me excited about the game again.. unfortunately that sort of min / maxing vanishes after that island unless you put restraints on yourself.. Once you reach Neketeeka or whatever city.. you just gain so much strength in party size / xp / items / consumables.

Anywho.. As was said before.. use drugs / consumables.. you can try and break enemies off the drake pact with traps.. and also having a troubadour / cipher can help a ton with Skellies / Whisper of Treason.. or a ranger with a pet.

The ultimate way to cheese it is to just hire a bunch of cucks from the tavern then kill them off after your done.. but if you don't do that - it can be pretty challenging and your main character really needs to bring their A-game in whatever build you choose.. because Xoti and Eder sure as hell aren't gonna do it.

EDIT:
Oh I forgot.. you can also buy a super cheap Amulet of Fireballs off the Berath Blessing merchant if you use them. It has 8 charges I think.. I threw it on Xoti and pretty much used them all just to get past the dig site.

Wizfall

Cipher
At last all the DLC are out so i'm going to play the game.
I'm not interested in "best build" as i like to find by myself, however got some questions :
- Considering i don't like "cheese/kite" tactics and 5 characters to control are too much for my liking so i plan to play a 3 characters' party, what difficulty do you recommend (with or without specific challenge) ?
- Are firearm any good as i find them quite awful in PoE 1 (for other things that the first salve and switch maybe)
- any mod recommended ?
Thanks !

Parabalus

Arcane
At last all the DLC are out so i'm going to play the game.
I'm not interested in "best build" as i like to find by myself, however got some questions :
- Considering i don't like "cheese/kite" tactics and 5 characters to control are too much for my liking so i plan to play a 3 characters' party, what difficulty do you recommend (with or without specific challenge) ?
- Are firearm any good as i find them quite awful in PoE 1 (for other things that the first salve and switch maybe)
- any mod recommended ?
Thanks !

• Ppl solo the game on PoTD, you can put it to PotD comfortable. Galawain adds combat challenge, rest are time/gold sinks. Wouldn't deal too much with them on first run.
  • Yes, they are good, both in the single target and AoE department, much better than in PoE1
  • I have here a list of best mods, so you dont have to search on nexus:

Enhanced User Interface
    Close to Board now deals no damage to you

• There's a few more in his post, but there might be light spoilers.

Ulfhednar

Savant
I don't have time nor patience to play this fuckin' garbage, someone spoil the plot of the DLC for me now.
A wizard flies in on a dragon and tells you to follow another wizard to an underground library. As you go deeper underground, you find out the library turns into the long-sleeping, long-forgotten titan body of J. E. Sawyer. You find the asshole, fight a totally-not-beholder, jump into the asshole, and the wizard you first met gets pissed at you for killing the totally-not-beholder. YMMV.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected

no wonder crew don't like it considering lack of proper dentistry, combined with the softening of the gums from lack of nutrients.

could use that shit as literal cannon fodder.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's literally baked flour/dough. Kinda gross when you think about it. It probably tastes like cardboard.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom