Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nobody talks about Octopath Traveler or what

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I hope it's an Epic exclusive just so I can watch people cry over it.

Jinn

Arcane
Fantastic news. I've been looking into the difficulty of the game, and it seems like the first copy chapter are pretty easy, and then it tends to ramp up from there. I assume it's much like a lot of JRPGs: if you grind a bunch it'll trivialize a lot of the difficulty, but if you just go at it normally with minimal grind here or there, it can offer a decent challenge. Either way, always wanted to check the game out, but knew I'd never be getting a Switch so I wrote the game off entirely. Really happy it's not an eternal exclusive like I thought it was.

EDIT: Also TheHeroOfTime, might I petition the altering of the title of this thread? Something with Octopath Traveler at the beginning of it, preferably. I tend to overlook the thread when browsing the forums because of the strange title, and was wondering if I wasn't the only one.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe the thread title should mention the PC release and launch date?
mystery.png

Tigranes

Arcane
Jinn its pr. Easy without any grinding, sadly. The system is still fun enough, but i did near-zero grinding and not much getting lost, there was no real difficulty bump.

Suicidal

Arcane
So this game worth it?

How's the combat? Do you need actual strategy and clever party building or is attack attack attack potion enough to win?

Jinn

Arcane
Jinn its pr. Easy without any grinding, sadly. The system is still fun enough, but i did near-zero grinding and not much getting lost, there was no real difficulty bump.

Well that's a goddamn shame. Guess I'll just try to have a fun relaxing time with it then and hope for a difficulty mod for a replay in the future.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
One thing less to emulate. Honestly, I just want to play it in order to see how it compares to Live A Live.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
since it's going to come out on Steam and is a pretty big name rpg you can probably rest 100% assured that DrummerIX will make a Cheat Engine table for it over at fearless revolution forums. he makes one for all JRPGs that come out on PC.

He always includes a damage multiplier section in his cheat tables, so i'm assuming one can turn down damage to 0.5 and that way make your own hard mode.

Jinn

Arcane
Calling Infinitron for a modest request to change the title of the thread to something more along the lines of "Octopath Traveler - PC release June 7th" since OP doesn't seem to care. The current title just doesn't seem particularly conducive to drawing your average codexian weeaboo browser into the conversation.

EDIT: Retrying my summon of the news-tron in case the first notification didn't show up or got buried. If not, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure because I know he never comes here.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom