Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Imperator: Rome - the new grand strategy from Paradox

a cut of domestic sheep prime

h660bnB.png

WE
WAS
KANGZ

>italians
>white
>implying
>pre-arab italy
>not white
>implying

I dunno what you're seeing there, but I'm seeing a tanned dude. Which yeah, most people in the Mediterranean are tanned unless they're inside all day.
Maybe it could just be my monitor then.
mystery.png

Zeriel

Arcane
I dunno what you're seeing there, but I'm seeing a tanned dude. Which yeah, most people in the Mediterranean are tanned unless they're inside all day.
Maybe it could just be my monitor then.
mystery.png

I mean obviously there's some personal opinion there, but it doesn't look like they were trying to turn Romans into blacks, just that that particular guy has a darker shade of skin, which happens IRL too. Most of the guys I'm seeing in Etruria are more on the lily-white side.

Edit: I think some of this may be the shadowing on faces. If they're directly facing the light source they can look REALLY white, and if their face is tilted down a little it can look like their skin is "darker" when it's really just the shadows merging with the skin.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
We've seen the models for Roman characters for ages and people are complaining about this now? Because wops are so insecure and thirsty for that fair Nordic skin they can't fathom a Roman being dusky??

e: Also the gameplay reminds me of nu-Civ in a bad way. You are basically mostly waiting around for your various mana buckets to fill up with numbers so you can do things that aren't warring and war itself is limited by the truce timer, AE and province unrest a lot.

zgY6ncX.png

THE PLEBS ARE RISING UP

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
We've seen the models for Roman characters for ages and people are complaining about this now? Because wops are so insecure and thirsty for that fair Nordic skin they can't fathom a Roman being dusky??

To be fair, it would be wrong if they were dusky at that time period. The mingling happened later, and hill-town tuscans/rural Italians in certain areas are still really, really pale. I just don't think the models ARE dusky, though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

To be fair, it would be wrong if they were dusky at that time period. The mingling happened later, and hill-town tuscans/rural Italians in certain areas are still really, really pale. I just don't think the models ARE dusky, though.
Also big parts of old Italia were forests,later on the Romans cut it down to make boats and transform the land in to farmland. The whole Italian eco system is very different from what it was back then,also the climate changed thanks to the forest removal. Also the whole darker skin is connected to the work they were doing,sea fairing people had darker skin while city folks had white skin.

lol, all of the mods in the workshop have their thumbnails broken.

another consequence of paradox waiting until the last minute to upload, I guess.

I just found it pretty hilarious that all the artwork in the game depicts normal white Romans and then you actually load it up and Rome is ruled by a swarthy Arab and its legions are commanded by a Sub-Saharan African.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
zgY6ncX.png

THE PLEBS ARE RISING UP

Unfortunately steam reviews have no correlation with sales for Paradox, they have said in the past DLC that got review bombed still sold really well. This is why we get Imperator:EU4.5. They know the fan boys will slurp it up and beg for DLC.
Both are irrelevant,they make their money from player retention and the possibility of milking their retarded fanbase. If the player base drops rapidly,they will have a problem. I am amazed at how bad their dev teams are. They can't even implement some basic features from other games that use the same engine. This shit was supposed to be made from their A team...

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
do "people" really believe that latins were some sort of a nordic tribe before an imaginary arab invasion

like what ??

ZeniBot

Cipher
hands down the worst Paradox game since EU:Rome. What a waste of time this experience has been.
Let this be a lesson do not buy any paradox game ever. Fucking company has gone off the deep end.
The amount of revision shit they're going to have to do with this game compared to Stellaris and HOI4 I mean god damn. An honest thing would've been to slap an Early-access logo on the damn thing.
This game is terrible. Do not buy.

hands down the worst Paradox game since EU:Rome. What a waste of time this experience has been.
Let this be a lesson do not buy any paradox game ever. Fucking company has gone off the deep end.
The amount of revision shit they're going to have to do with this game compared to Stellaris and HOI4 I mean god damn. An honest thing would've been to slap an Early-access logo on the damn thing.
This game is terrible. Do not buy.
I honestly don't understand why every game they try and re-invent the wheel. Start with what works as a base. But no.

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1723337041&searchtext=
Nilotic Reskin - Darker skin for Nilotic (Egyptian) characters

This mod changes the appearance of characters from Nilotic cultures (e.g. Egyptian, Kushite, and Garamantian) so that they have darker skin and African hairstyles.
H1crLTW.png

7yDwTNw.png

When trying out the game on launch day, I thought it quite strange that not only the Egyptians but also the Kushites and other Nile Valley cultures had lighter-skinned characters by default (as shown in the "Before" image) and so sought to rectify that.

THEY WAS KANGZ!

Zeriel

Arcane
I guess it's appropriate that everyone is equally retarded in clownworld.

Meanwhile I'm over here just wishing the game wasn't a stuttering mess while modding Etruscans. The one post about the quality of the game above is spot-on, it's a fucking disaster zone and you definitely shouldn't buy it, but if you really want an antiquity-era game you don't have much in the way of alternatives.

I guess it's appropriate that everyone is equally retarded in clownworld.
Especially you.

If it were just about somewhat swarthy Italians, that'd be one thing. But this is a pre arab invasion Rome with a commander who could almost pass as an african.

9ZvcI2S.png

Maybe you can show me a picture of a truly native Italian that matches that skintone, nose shape etc?

You could MAYBE find one in southern Italy that would come close (and there is a good reason for that, the arab Muslims invaded Southern Italy LONG after when this game is set), but even then it's doubtful you'd find a nigger-tier arab like this whose grandparents were born there.

All the artwork in the game depicts Romans as white people, just not the portraits. It's obvious that whomever designed them had an agenda to push. What kind of brain damage you must have to lap this shit up is beyond me.

The one post about the quality of the game above is spot-on, it's a fucking disaster zone and you definitely shouldn't buy it, but if you really want an antiquity-era game you don't have much in the way of alternatives.
This we agree on. It's popamole shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom