Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I plan to finally pick this up over the weekend with the new DLC. I am intrigued by Lone Wolf and Beast Slayers company backgrounds, but that may be intense for a newbie.

I would never have given this game a second thought or even heard of it, if not for this thread. Thanks fellas.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Who releases a game at 19:00 CET?

Anyway, looking forward to all the negative ratings from 1000 hours+ players because of the 'Quickhands'+ Shield nerf...

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

Anyway, looking forward to all the negative ratings from 1000 hours+ players because of the 'Quickhands'+ Shield nerf...
Well not from me.
Never used it so it doeasn't matter for me. And to be honest it shouldn't be possible in first place.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I plan to finally pick this up over the weekend with the new DLC. I am intrigued by Lone Wolf and Beast Slayers company backgrounds, but that may be intense for a newbie.

I would never have given this game a second thought or even heard of it, if not for this thread. Thanks fellas.
Lone Wolf shouldn't be too hard at the start - I think it's one of the easier ones, tbh. A single, well equipped Hedge Knight can handle big groups of bandits on his own.

Later, the limitations of a 12 Bro roster will come to bite you though. I wouldn't recommend it to a newbie, it seems to play very different compared to the other backgrounds.

Last edited:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I figured the 12 bro limit would be increasingly harsh as the game progressed, especially the 30+ orc/goblin fights I read Vault Dweller and others discuss. Still, something about Lone Wolf sounds so rewarding. It seems like you could play a Bretonnian noble surrounded by cheap peasants to start, and shift to a band of knights.

Is there any additional information about Beast Slayers background?

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Is the DLC activated retroactively? What if i have ongoing campaign?
You safe. Keep playing. Unless you want all the new stuff. Then you need start a new one.

Lone Wolf look the best from RP reasons. And the militia one. Too bad only Lone wolf have a avatar.
Overall it looks like different starts don't really change much. Still its nice.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I figured the 12 bro limit would be increasingly harsh as the game progressed, especially the 30+ orc/goblin fights I read Vault Dweller and others discuss. Still, something about Lone Wolf sounds so rewarding. It seems like you could play a Bretonnian noble surrounded by cheap peasants to start, and shift to a band of knights.

Is there any additional information about Beast Slayers background?

Beastlayers is:
Three Beastslayers, decently equipped
See Tracks from further away
25% chance a beast you slay drops an extra trophy
10% worse prices

Doesn't seem very appealing, tbh. I'm sure they'll tweak the backgrounds a bit after release.

As for 'Lone Wolf' - if you specialize to fight certain enemies, it won't be harder to fight those than with a larger company, but building a 12 Bro company that can fight 'Gobbo City' and 'Black Monolith' for example will be challenging. Going on 'raiding' missions in the Noble War without a 'bench' doesn't seem that easy either.

Bantichai

Arcane
Developer
God, I'm so ready to play this. Only couple hours left. Is the bro limit 16 for the peasant start though? I swore I read 18 initially. Saw a LP recently where it said the peasant militia start with 16 now.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You safe. Keep playing. Unless you want all the new stuff. Then you need start a new one.

Lone Wolf look the best from RP reasons. And the militia one. Too bad only Lone wolf have a avatar.
Overall it looks like different starts don't really change much. Still its nice.
I think I heard in one stream that eventually northmen are generated even if you load a save from a game started before the expansion was installed.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

I think I heard in one stream that eventually northmen are generated even if you load a save from a game started before the expansion was installed.

As they should be.
But you will not get special locations.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
One thing that I've noticed from watching LPs is that different company backgrounds have different avatars on world map.

If you select beast slayers your avatar is Geralt:

upload_2019-5-9_11-40-35.png

Parabalus

Arcane

What is the nerf?

Can't find patch notes, I used that stuff on my entire front line.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Daily reminder Arabs during their expansion and medieval era used straight swords.

See picture for what they actually looked like:
70f984a1fa7f1550ccd6ef4d52bf6c8e.jpg
U mad?

Also agree. That feeling when M&B have more historical sandniggers than BB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom