Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

ArchAngel

Arcane
The Technic league first fight, you don't need to win it, right? you don't get a game over or anything, they just take one companion like they said they would before you fought them so I don't see the problem with that fight.

Second fight isn't hard, the 2 guards on the right don't alert the camp on the left so you can kill them and free the companion and mages and then fight the camp on the left, doesn't seem like a major fight.
In first fight if your character goes down first they don't take any companions, they kill everyone.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Huh, I wasn't expecting the beta version of the EE patch to be available on GOG. I don't remember beta patches being available on GOG before.

It's also 11GB large. Are they actually adding in new quests and story stuff to the game? From what they said about the patch I figured it'd just be a ton of bug fixes and QoL tweaks but 11GB seems too big for just that.

volklore

Arcane
The technic league encounter nerf is major decline. The game gives you 1000 hints that the fight is hard through dialogue. It also gives you not one but TWO outs (one before, and one after one of your companion gets down). If you beat the fight you have to circle back to town to pick up some remove blindness potions... big deal. Sleeping bandit is also all sorts of retarded - the encounter is optional ffs.

Sykar

Arcane
The technic league encounter nerf is major decline. The game gives you 1000 hints that the fight is hard through dialogue. It also gives you not one but TWO outs (one before, and one after one of your companion gets down). If you beat the fight you have to circle back to town to pick up some remove blindness potions... big deal. Sleeping bandit is also all sorts of retarded - the encounter is optional ffs.

It is one encounter so I would not call it major decline. Imho they should leave it like that for Challenging difficulty and beyond and make it easier for lower difficulties. That would serve both sides well enough.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I spent some more time with this game this week because I’ve been injured and forced home from work. For all of its flaws, this is the only Kickstarter era iso that’s kind of captures the atmosphere of the IE games. Hope these guys get the funding to give us a sequel.

I hope that this game can pick up more of a post release following as word gets out that it’s been stabilized and improved.

Terra

Cipher
I must say I'm liking some of the changes to character creation in the beta patch.
ytHv3YP.jpg

Finally my dream of creating a female dwarven tiefling with the leg of a giant can be realised.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
https://invisioncommunity.co.uk/pat...dlc-and-the-enhanced-edition-arriving-june-6/

June 6 - both DLC and enhanced edition

Beneath The Stolen Lands Key Features

• Enter a massive dungeon with a party made from scratch. Begin your adventure to the Tenebrous Depths with a party of newly created characters. Start the game from the main menu and experience the descent into an endless rogue-like dungeon
  • Explore the near-infinite possibilities of building a Pathfinder character. Try out different builds to perfect your tactics at your leisure. Create a band of adventurers able to overcome any danger!
  • Defeat is but a new beginning! Dying in an encounter enables additional benefits for your next playthrough
  • Unlock new items to buy across multiple playthroughs. The number of item slots traders have depends on how far you have been able to descend during all of your previous forays combined
  • Enter the dungeon as your main character, alternatively you can wait for an invitation from a mysterious protector of Golarion as you play through the Main Story. The pre-set version of the dungeon is included into the main campaign, allowing you to use your character and companions to conquer the Tenebrous Depths
Pathfinder: Kingmaker – Enhanced Edition Key Features

• Free Upgrade for all existing players
  • Numerous gameplay-enriching content additions and dozens of quality-of-life features
  • New abilities and ways to build your character
  • A Brand-new class: Swordlord
  • New items and weaponry
  • Improved balance, especially in the beginning and last two chapters of the game
  • Enhanced kingdom management system, both in terms of balance as well as usability and player comfort
  • Increased variety of random encounters on the global map
  • Thousands of fixes and improvements made since the game’s initial release
Looks like I chose the right time to finally buy it on the summer sale. Created my rogue last night, with the Rowan Atkinson/Lord Edmund Blackadder portrait.

KfsUIUY.png

I pirated the release version and played up to the spider cave quest, just to make sure the game is an instant classic, but then decided to wait for it to reach a better state.

Last edited:

Dodo1610

Arcane
Pathfinder is the gift that keeps giving, I am so excited to see all the new bugs features in they will introduce 3 days.
Have they already announced or hinted at what their next project is?

Krzysiek

Learned
Have they already announced or hinted at what their next project is?
https://owlcatgames.com/forums/show...Know-about-The-Sequel-to-Pathfinder-Kingmaker
* The sequel hasn't officially been announced yet but there are many indications that it's coming.
* Tabletop Tuesdays have resumed at Owlcat Studios on a new AP. Everyone is playing the same AP. Tabletop Tuesdays were originally part of Owlcat Studios' work on Kingmaker as a way to develop new content for the game organically and to familiarize the devs with the characters and feel of the game. Resuming them with a new AP seems like a major indicator that Pathfinder 2 is in the works.
* Owlcat hit certain milestones that triggered a Console Port by THC Nordic, this indicates that Kingmaker was a financial success and a new game is likely.
* Oleg (the studio head) referenced thiniking about their new project at Big Deal in a way that implied that there was in fact a new project.
* K0tarsis continually answers questions on stream about whether there will be a new game with "I can tell you that Owlcat is doing well, and when a Game company is doing well, they are making new games."

So what do we know about PF2?

* Paizo has spoken out to say that Owlcat (and any other developers) will not be forced to upgrade to Pathfinder 2nd edition rules and can keep putting out games using 1st edition rules if they wish. Given the massive cost in iteration of a new engine and the fact that the 2E rules don't even exist in a final form yet, the next game will likely be based off the same engine and rules as Kingmaker.
* What AP Owlcat is playing has not been disclosed, but since tabletop Tuesdays started back up in January, it is likely a fully published AP that was either finished or started before that date (i.e. Not Tyrant's grasp and probably not Return of the Runelords).
* Given the Owlcat thought process about the need for a "Hook" to differentiate from games coasting in on nostalgia appeal (the Kingdom Building was Kingmaker's), it is likely an AP with an overarching system in a similar vein to Kingmaker.
* Given Oleg's discussion of Kickstarter at Big Deal, it is likely that there will be another Kickstarter. News about this will probably not break until after the forum's are reformatted and DLC3 is released.
* Given the issues that Owlcat had with physical Kickstarter rewards, it seems likely that Physical rewards for this next Kickstarter will be minimal.
* It took half a year to go from absolute nothing to a vertical slice in Kingmaker's dev cycle. And another half a year to go from there to Kickstarter readiness. And then around half a year to get from there to Alpha 1. and 10 months in alpha to get to Beta. and 2 months to go from Beta to Full game. It seems likely, given that timeline, that we will get a Kickstarter this year.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think with generic player feedback on this part of the game kingdom management will be whether annihilated or nerfed into oblivion in quantity.

Dodo1610

Arcane
THC Nordic,
god damn druggies

I hope they stick with the kingdom management and greatly expand it in a sequel tbh

Don't think that this is a good idea, Pathfinder's biggest issue was the lack of polishing due to the insane game's size. I would prefer that they focus on delivering a fully working CRPG first instead of trying to make a strategy CRPG hybrid.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Hmm, I've noticed that my archer misses a lot and decided to check AC bonuses between difficulty levels.
Same spider in CH1 has:
26 AC on Unfair
22 AC on Hard
16 AC on Challenging
12 AC on Normal

Am I paranoid or something is wrong with the numbers here? especially with 6 AC difference between Challenging and Hard.

... enemies from the same save file has 26 AC on GOG's 1.3 vs 28 AC in the steam beta 2.0...

Efe

Erudite
they should create a ship/fleet management system to put obsidian further into ground
hard is hard.

Codex Year of the Donut
Hmm, I've noticed that my archer misses a lot and decided to check AC bonuses between difficulty levels.
Same spider in CH1 has:
26 AC on Unfair
22 AC on Hard
16 AC on Challenging
12 AC on Normal

Am I paranoid or something is wrong with the numbers here? especially with 6 AC difference between Challenging and Hard.

... enemies from the same save file has 26 AC on GOG's 1.3 vs 28 AC in the steam beta 2.0...
"hard" aka "we just tweak the dice rolls to blatantly give the enemy an advantage"
:lol:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Same spider in CH1 has:
26 AC on Unfair
22 AC on Hard
16 AC on Challenging
12 AC on Normal

"hard" aka "we just tweak the dice rolls to blatantly give the enemy an advantage"
That is how PnP works 90% of the time as well.

Yosharian

Arcane
Same spider in CH1 has:
26 AC on Unfair
22 AC on Hard
16 AC on Challenging
12 AC on Normal

That is how PnP works 90% of the time as well.
Only if your DM is shit...

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Code:
New: mercs (custom characters) can now be assigned advisor roles.
New: a faster running speed option! When out of combat, if you click far away from your characters, they will run significantly faster. You can also disable this in the "Options" menu.

:bounce:

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
All this shit and they didn't add proper party ai scripts? Auto casting one single ability doesn't cut it.

One of the annoying things about this game. I like to micromanage on significant encounters but not trash mobs.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
One of the annoying things about this game. I like to micromanage on significant encounters but not trash mobs.
Game is gigantic, has countless areas full of trash mobs, and you have to micromanage all that shit because the dumb AI can manage anything else than auto casting magic missle or auto attacking with equipped weapon. It's beyond me how there isn't more outcry from fans regarding this... It'd been a feature since the infinity engine games.

Codex Year of the Donut
Game is gigantic, has countless areas full of trash mobs, and you have to micromanage all that shit because the dumb AI can manage anything else than auto casting magic missle or auto attacking with equipped weapon. It's beyond me how there isn't more outcry from fans regarding this... It'd been a feature since the infinity engine games.
I got called a retard repeatedly for pointing it out about 150 pages ago

Shadenuat

Arcane
micromanaging trash mobs involves long lasting buffs, maybe one cc spell and clicking on them

and nobody used scripts in IE except Attack on being Attacked, because ai was dumb and either would run too far or stop and not follow enemy or waste the very important spells.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
micromanaging trash mobs involves long lasting buffs, maybe one cc spell and clicking on them

and nobody used scripts in IE except Attack on being Attacked, because ai was dumb and either would run too far or stop and not follow enemy or waste the very important spells.

I think we’re remembering some of the improved modded scripts. It’s been a while

Codex Year of the Donut

There's lots of third party IE scripts that manage boring shit for you out of combat. Hell, BGEE even ships with one and SCS has an improved version.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom