Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is incredible how his earnings have gone from $5.2k/month in June 2018 to $3.7k/month in June 2019. 30% loss in one year. I seriously doubt that $45k/year before tax is "quit your job and turn pro-youtuber" money, even in Georgia (I think that's where he lives?) - and that's assuming he doesn't have any paid employees. God knows what they must make.

It looks like he is trying to turn it around, going back to publishing more than one video per month - but even since he changed tack he's only managed to slow the trend - he's slightly worse than flat in cash terms for the last three months.

Posters in this thread don't seem to be the only ones disappointed (numbers in this image are for all-time):

6JyHV1o.png
Ahhh this is natural for all youtubers,people get bored by that shit. There is a limit to how much you could watch fat grown manchildren talk about games. Also 3grands per months seems pretty decent earning,don't know how it is in murica tho. Also this is only from patreon,we don't know how much he is making on adds.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It is incredible how his earnings have gone from $5.2k/month in June 2018 to $3.7k/month in June 2019. 30% loss in one year. I seriously doubt that $45k/year before tax is "quit your job and turn pro-youtuber" money, even in Georgia (I think that's where he lives?) - and that's assuming he doesn't have any paid employees. God knows what they must make.

It looks like he is trying to turn it around, going back to publishing more than one video per month - but even since he changed tack he's only managed to slow the trend - he's slightly worse than flat in cash terms for the last three months.

Posters in this thread don't seem to be the only ones disappointed (numbers in this image are for all-time):

6JyHV1o.png
The picture might be a bit better if you add in some youtube ad revenue, but yeah...some youtubers who are on patreon do not realise that you have to provide content if you want to keep your patrons. Just ask Spoony. :D

Rev

Arcane

6JyHV1o.png
Honestly, he should be concerned because of the persisting negative trend and try to stop or reverse it, but 3.7k dollars/month are more than enough to live at least decently in any Western country, and it's not all of his income but just what he gets from Patreon. He has sponsors and I would guess he also gets some ads money from YouTube (iirc it's like 1 dollar every 1000 views, and his videos generally have more than 100k views), so he's probably still way above an average job salary.

thesoup

Arcane

6JyHV1o.png
The picture might be a bit better if you add in some youtube ad revenue, but yeah...some youtubers who are on patreon do not realise that you have to provide content if you want to keep your patrons. Just ask Spoony. :D
Still gets 385$ from patreon per month. It's disgusting that he has no shame like this.
His site also went down, didn't renew the domain.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
You're all right, I take it back - with youtube ads, sponsorship and whatever else he's probably making decent money still.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Patreon (actually money overall) has a habit of destroying good hobby channels.

Content behind paywall.
Events only for those who pay.
Channel gets cleaned up and become more PC.
Comments on Youtube never gets any response, you have to pay to get access to the secret discord.
Video quality suffer when it is supposed to be the opposite - they get the money anyway.
Creates an army of sycophants, that will shield the creator from any useful criticism.
Obnoxiously push merchandise and their patreon, often with how much it will help the channel and that the channel are at the risk of dying otherwise, aka guilt tripping the viewer.
If you want a character in their X-com/Battle Brother/whatever playthrough you have to pay (rather specific but yes).

Etc etc.

Last edited:

Morkar Left

6JyHV1o.png
Still gets 385$ from patreon per month. It's disgusting that he has no shame like this.
His site also went down, didn't renew the domain.

Spoony isn't lazy he just has serious mental health problems he can't manage. And I guess it overtook him and he's pretty much done by now. Which is a bit of a shame because he was actually entertaining back in the day. CrazyJoe - who isn't even half as good - made it actually by being able to put out content on a constant basis.

thesoup

Arcane
Being unable to generate content because of his mental health is one thing everyone can sympathize with, but still not cancelling his patreon page and instead just happily collecting for years is another thing entirely.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Being unable to generate content because of his mental health is one thing everyone can sympathize with
:nocountryforshitposters:
Fuck no! When i feel down i don't go to my boss and say that i feel that my mental health is not good and need a few months to go whoring in the far east. It is a fucking job and i don't care about how your feelz are. If you don't like it then quit it and live with the consequences,either you find a job you like,live like a hobo till you die or grind your teeth and keep on going. If you don't have a misery in your life you won't know the good time!

thesoup

Arcane
Yes, bipolar and depression are exactly like feeling down.

And I said if he's not making content he shouldn't be taking money for it. I don't know what you're arguing against when you're repeating what I said.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

And I said if he's not making content he shouldn't be taking money for it. I don't know what you're arguing against when you're repeating what I said.
Who said anything about arguing??? I am just chatting up mate. Also i have no idea what a bipolar means,all that western garbage eludes me :). Also depression is feeling down lol,it is a modern excuse for laziness in my book,as my old people say. When you have work to do and take care of your family,you don't have time stay on your ass and whine about hum depression. This shit happens when you are far too well off and could spend time thinking about the meaningless of your existence.

PrettyDeadman

Who said anything about arguing??? I am just chatting up mate. Also i have no idea what a bipolar means,all that western garbage eludes me :). Also depression is feeling down lol,it is a modern excuse for laziness in my book,as my old people say. When you have work to do and take care of your family,you don't have time stay on your ass and whine about hum depression. This shit happens when you are far too well off and could spend time thinking about the meaningless of your existence.
Your corporate masters have tought you well. Good goy!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I am real anarchists,not the cucked one on the internet.....give a button to nuke the world

PrettyDeadman

I am real anarchists,not the cucked one on the internet.....give a button to nuke the world
Anarchism = goycuckism.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Anarchism = goycuckism.
What the fuck are you talking about????

PrettyDeadman

Anarchism = goycuckism.
What the fuck are you talking about????
Anarchism is fake ideology created to put wagie back into cagie. A person infected with anarchism virus starts shilling uncontrollably for their corporate masters.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
That's enough of this bald weeb in my autistically curated YouTube subscriptions list. Get back to playing MG3 on European Hard mode, or whatever, you goofy prattling twat.

Beastro

Arcane

Time for a "educational" video.

Games work teaching history by emulating how Americans learn geography, through war.

I dunno how many minor little places and events I've discovered through Paradox games by fighting a war in some far off province and deciding to look up the name to learn more about it.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Actually I quite enjoyed the video. Might not be something as good as his Critical Close-Up's, but it's enjoyable and original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom