Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

maydaymemer

Educated
Just now heard he had a podcast and there was a big argument about NFTs on it. Just checked and yea the pod hasnt uploaded in like three months since then. That's extremely fucking funny to end a 100 ep podcast over arguing about magic beans, for or against it's still gay

Berengar

Learned
What even is the appeal of podcasts?

For the person doing it: more income for less work than doing weekly/monthly videos

For the listener: same thing you get from any radio show? visual-free entertainment you can listen to while doing other shit? i dunno man lol

7h30n

Augur
His Wasteland review is still the best... :despair:

EDIT: And that video is now private/no longer accessible... :roll:

Last edited:

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Channel is dead. Nothing new in the last 6 months and nothing good since 2021.
Did he start something on the side that's taking his time, like Mauler with his shitty podcast? Is he podcasting, or streaming, or doing vidya dev?
No videos, no podcasts since that crypto-bust-up and no patreon members posts. Looks like his patreon currently supports his twitch streaming and centre-left tweets.

:hmmm:

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Any of you bots remember MrBtongue?

No videos, no podcasts since that crypto-bust-up and no patreon members posts. Looks like his patreon currently supports his twitch streaming and centre-left tweets.
Changed his Steam profile name to "Nobody" and made it private. Only a matter of time we learn he is getting #metoo'd by underaged trannies.
Yeah sadly his videos are getting slowly deleted by youtube as their anti-copyright system flags them for various minor infringements. Someone has re-uploaded the Shandification of Fallout without the 2 second clip of Michael Jordan but obviously only a matter of time before that version is also found to contain something forbidden by the censors.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It was innevitable
In the last 3 years his output plummeted and even the topics themselves were rarely interesting

nothing good since 2021.
I would say his last video (about vidya companies buy-outs and mergers) was informative and succint - the best thing he did since the hitman review

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Channel is dead. Nothing new in the last 6 months and nothing good since 2021.
Did he start something on the side that's taking his time, like Mauler with his shitty podcast? Is he podcasting, or streaming, or doing vidya dev?
He does (did) have a podcast called Dad and Sons and I thought he was doing just that but even the last episode of that was 11 months ago now that I checked it, so I guess the only thing he's doing is tweeting because his twitter is still mildly active.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
In contrast to 99% of video game “journalists” Weidman actually has an education, so he could be working as an editor in actual job or something similar that wouldn’t publicize his work with his name on it.

He did apparantly go on a depressed rant about how he hated his content on one those podcasts (at least according to Reddit, fuck if I’m going to listen to humanity tossers like Matt Visual just to get some George), so maybe Covid affected his mental health.

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
He did apparantly go on a depressed rant about how he hated his content on one those podcasts (at least according to Reddit, fuck if I’m going to listen to humanity tossers like Matt Visual just to get some George), so maybe Covid affected his mental health.
Does anyone have a link to this rant?

I tried listening to Waypoint's podcast a few months ago but noped out quite quickly when I realised what utter scum most of them are. I suspect the same is true of most of the "gaming journalism" podcasts.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Relevant to RPG Codex interests:

As read by:

OObHZA1.jpg

Also: almost no useful information other than that "philosopher" in ancient times is synonymous with "sorcerer", but then all Harry Potter readers already knew that.

One of SBH worst videos, superficial sophistry.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
All the links on that site just seem direct to his Patreon
What a weird fucking joke...

Also, it seems the release of Bayo 3 pushed him to make a new video:

Otherwise it seems he fully transformed his channel into his soapbox of Ancient Greek Mythology

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer

Dante isn't a very good source for this stuff. It takes too many ques from Greek Mythology. Aquinas' information about the angels is much more accurate than Dante's.

The weird Christianity stuff in Japanese popular culture is derivative of Evangelion, which is a derivative of Ultraman which is a derivative of Godzilla whose creator was a devout Christian. Thus you Get Final Fantasy and Bayonetta having these tonal themes and similarities. I love it and am all for it.
Evangelion took it to the extremes because it relied heavily on the dead sea scrolls and avoided deviating from the source. The cosmic horror aspects are still very present in the book of Revelations anyway, which is also why Evangelion has such a dark tone (especially EoE). It does a good job but gets a few things wrong.
But it's still a better attempt than what came out from the Greco-roman period. Religion by its nature is establishing order to exsentential chaos, the Abrahamic religions do a very good job in the imagery of that which is why it's frustrating to see so many artists completely miss the point. A big part of having faith is being aware of that chaos, in the Greco-Roman art, we see none of that. Religion is an answer to an existential spiritual crisis.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom