Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Jinn

Arcane
I'm gonna chance it. The 2 hour refund period on Steam can be a bit tricky when it comes to RPGs. Often you are not even out of the starting zone after 2 hours. Does Steam count play-time if you play offline?

As far as I know, if you hit the "Steam" tab in the upper left, then go down to "Go Offline," it doesn't track hours.

Me, I've purchased the game. I know it's not going to be an amazingly revolutionary CRPG experience that blows me out of the water, but I can tell I'm going to have a lot of fun exploring the setting and the action RPG combat looks like it'll be very enjoyable to me, particularly with the variety of builds available. If they really follow through with what they've promised with the quest design and faction reactivity, then it'll be well worth the money for me.

Last edited:
I really hate how saying a game is Denuvo-free is now the go-to PR response to questions about their DRM policies. Great, it doesn't have Denuvo, what about other forms of intrusive and cancerous bullshit DRMs? Clearly it's not DRM-free or else it'd be on GOG.

I'm gonna chance it. The 2 hour refund period on Steam can be a bit tricky when it comes to RPGs. Often you are not even out of the starting zone after 2 hours. Does Steam count play-time if you play offline?
Yes it does.
No it doesn't have other type of DRM either. It's probably not on gog due to some other considerations. I asked the devs about drm. They said the game is DRM-free and doesn't have any sort of online functionality whatsoever.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just purchased to support the hot CEO.
where is the pic of her cosplaying as the game character again?

edit:
C3kW_L8W8AQZfMj.jpg
:love:

jf8350143

Liturgist
I've pre-ordered the game. I'm not gonna go a refund unless it's completely shit, which I doubt it is.

There aren't many games I want to play these days so I try to support devs who make single player RPGs that looks interesting to me, because there aren't many of them left and from the looks of it there will be less in the future.

I've pre-ordered the game. I'm not gonna go a refund unless it's completely shit, which I doubt it is.

There aren't many games I want to play these days so I try to support devs who make single player RPGs that looks interesting to me, because there aren't many of them left and from the looks of it there will be less in the future.
Huh. And here i thought there's a CRPG renaissance 2.0 going on. I mean there are so many coming out this year alone...

Dodo1610

Arcane

The soundtrack is out, I like it like everything from Olivier Deriviere, the guy is really underappreciated.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So no Denuvo? Good.
No DLC? Ehhh.
No mods support? Bad.

Who cares about mods in a game like that?
Why wouldn't you want mods? What's wrong with modding? Maybe there's an aspect of the game you don't like and there's a mod for it, making the game, you know, less shit. Or a QoL improvement (for example in XCOM 2, when you extract the soldiers and instead of selecting each soldier, doing the action, watching that animation, with a mod, you can extract all if them at the same time if they are in the extraction zone). And many others.
Can't believe I have to explain this.
Phoenix Point is going to have mod support, as well as Vtmb 2. What? You're not gonna use mods?

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Character design looks Socjus compared to stuff like Techomancer. In general It seems That they want to be new Bioware, but on the positive side it looks to be Bioware Pre Worst happening. So might be decent, if they just have bias towards natives instead of outright preaching I might go for this.

So no Denuvo? Good.
No DLC? Ehhh.
No mods support? Bad.

Why wouldn't you want mods? What's wrong with modding? Maybe there's an aspect of the game you don't like and there's a mod for it, making the game, you know, less shit. Or a QoL improvement (for example in XCOM 2, when you extract the soldiers and instead of selecting each soldier, doing the action, watching that animation, with a mod, you can extract all if them at the same time if they are in the extraction zone). And many others.
Phoenix Point is going to have mod support, as well as Vtmb 2. What? You're not gonna use mods?
You'll always find someone to disagree with something. Don't stress too much.

polo

Magister
No dlc plans is fine, it means the game is what it was suposed to be at launch.
No mods support is a shame, but i don't really expect it from small studios.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So no Denuvo? Good.
No DLC? Ehhh.
No mods support? Bad.

but you are supposed to argue till the blood in your veins evaporate from the heat, and try to insult your opponent as much as you can, flinging every curse words mankind have ever known to your anonymous nemesis. If not, you lose.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So no Denuvo? Good.
No DLC? Ehhh.
No mods support? Bad.

but you are supposed to argue till the blood in your veins evaporate from the heat, and try to insult your opponent as much as you can, flinging every curse words mankind have ever known to your anonymous nemesis. If not, you lose.
I disagree with your \uneducated opinion,you filthy jabawabagaba!

:troll:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
So no Denuvo? Good.
No DLC? Ehhh.
No mods support? Bad.

I can't believe you don't know what "mod support" is.

Almost every game is moddable, you can add visual filters, play with the ini files and sometimes extract core files to make huge changes in balance, textures, animations, etc. That's 100% different from having the developer itself create tools to support the community in developing mods, like Bethesda did with Skyrim or what Gollop plans to do with Phoenix Point. That's what they are saying: "we are not going to produce tools for people to mod our game", not "this game is impossible to mod".

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Looks like this is going to be the breakout game of Spiders. Much hype. Top 1 global seller on Steam hours before release, garnered more wishlist than Mount & Blade 2 and Gears 5.

Bigben will be glad.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom