Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GreedFall - Gold Edition - new colonial-themed action-RPG from Spiders

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Well I played around with this game a bit. First impressions could as well apply to every Spiders game. GreedFall has fresh and compelling setting, excellent worldbuilding and catchy initial plot-hook. But predictably all of that goodness is brought down rather harshly with janky mechanics, technical problems and generic, uninspired writing.

JDR13

Arcane
But predictably all of that goodness is brought down rather harshly with janky mechanics, technical problems and generic, uninspired writing.

I actually found it to be fairly polished and jank-free, and I encountered zero technical problems. The only major flag is the ridiculous amount of backtracking.

Codex Year of the Donut
I encountered exactly 1 bug in my entire playthrough, and it fixed itself by exiting the room and re-entering it.
By far one of the better experiences I've had with a game at release in recent years.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Damnation, I hit the level requirement for two handed I still need another point.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But predictably all of that goodness is brought down rather harshly with janky mechanics, technical problems and generic, uninspired writing.

I actually found it to be fairly polished and jank-free, and I encountered zero technical problems. The only major flag is the ridiculous amount of backtracking.
the backtracking don't bother me oo much so far cos one map have multiple fast travel points. then again i am only 15 hours and just visited each of the factions. unlike in technomancer, that gets unbearable in the end because you have to go trough that narrow ass stupid basement city with unavoidable room with the mantis mob trash. at least the level in greedfall are open enough to evade most of the respawning mobs.

Jinn

Arcane
the backtracking don't bother me oo much so far cos one map have multiple fast travel points. then again i am only 15 hours and just visited each of the factions. unlike in technomancer, that gets unbearable in the end because you have to go trough that narrow ass stupid basement city with unavoidable room with the mantis mob trash. at least the level in greedfall are open enough to evade most of the respawning mobs.

This is exactly what makes me wonder why this is such a common complaint. I would also run or sneak past mobs frequently and with the camp travel system I felt like I could visit most any place I had previously been to before almost instantly. I'm 30 hours in and this still holds true.

jf8350143

Liturgist

This is exactly what makes me wonder why this is such a common complaint. I would also run or sneak past mobs frequently and with the camp travel system I felt like I could visit most any place I had previously been to before almost instantly. I'm 30 hours in and this still holds true.
I don't really mind the backtracking, but sometime it just feel the game is actively trying to make you running around.

For example, there is one quest where the NPC asks you to go to some place to do a thing, after you get there and kill the monster there, the NPC will tell you "before you can do this thing I need two other things and you need to craft them". Then you have to run all the way back to the camp(which is pretty far from the place) and craft the things. There is no reason the NPC can't tell you before drag you to that place.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I've been running around with maxed weapon skill tree. But I have like 4 memory crystals and decided to respec and push all the skills, attributes, talents into magic based build. I'm playing on extreme and this just completely fucks up the game. It's basically basic attack to win while zipping around the battlefield. This is completely broken. Even on extreme no faggot enemy can do shit. Given that with weapons I do a fuck load of damage but magic just breaks everything. Respecing back to my old build. Magic is no fun.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

I've had a few crashes to desktop and quest NPC missing at one point.

Quillon

Arcane
I had to leave the area and come back in for the funeral quest and another main quest progressed weirdly because I explored/looted the quest area way before the quest sent me there but it didn't break progression.

Game's practically bug free.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I had to leave the area and come back in for the funeral quest and another main quest progressed weirdly because I explored/looted the quest area way before the quest sent me there but it didn't break progression.

Game's practically bug free.

Granted, dude got out of his way to find bugs and other bullshit just for Youtube.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The best thing about this game is that is pure torture for the twitch streamers.

I'm watching Cohh and he is bored out of his mind, he will probably beat his wife after the stream but for the moment he is trying to keep it as professionally as possible.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The best thing about this game is that is pure torture for the twitch streamers.

I'm watching Cohh and he is bored out of his mind, he will probably beat his wife after the stream but for the moment he is trying to keep it as professionally as possible.
Sooo the Frech took your whole herd of sheep. Get off the carpet,please. You are like homeless dog trying to rub its ass on the carpet.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
toro can you explain what makes something like Insomnia better than this? I never got around to putting much time into it, but from what little I played it felt like a very similar species of eurojank to what Spiders pumps out.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Sooo the Frech took your whole herd of sheep. Get off the carpet,please. You are like homeless dog trying to rub its ass on the carpet.

Dude, stop acting like a retarded bulgarian or we will all start to think that you are really that retarded.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Dude, stop acting like a retarded bulgarian or we will all start to think that you are really that retarded.
I am acting like retard???? LOL!!! You are a retard that goes around screeching how shit this game is without even playing it. Your butthurt is unnatural,i have seen you in like 4-5 different threads whining about the game. And then you have the gall to call ME a retard,go and shove a fucking melon up your ass,faggit!

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
toro can you explain what makes something like Insomnia better than this? I never got around to putting much time into it, but from what little I played it felt like a very similar species of eurojank to what Spiders pumps out.
Insomnia does have better/unique setting,it is very claustrophobic game with some good scifi in it. Both games are good tho.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Well, is quite simple: the driving force behind Insomnia: The Ark was the passion, the original vision and the ambition of an inexperienced developer while the driving force behind Greedfall can be summarized as creatively bankrupt mercantilism.

There is no denying that Insomnia: The Ark is technically a mess but the world they've created is head and shoulders above Greedfall's world. They managed to come up with something original and unique in a present filled with derivative shit. That's hard and it's not only about the visuals; Insomnia's designers really put thoughts in each locations and, I don't want to spoil anything, a couple of hidden locations are stunning (cause of the lore).

Then there are other gameplay aspects like the fact that the developer had the balls to implement location altering decisions (like massacring everyone in a certain location). That's the way C&C should be implemented and not the Greedfall's bullshit where you gain +1 Reputation with some faction. There are fetch quests but the game never abuses backtracking and it's interesting from the beginning until the end which I more than I can say about Spiders's products.

I agree, Insomnia is broken euro-jank but I prefer it any time over Greedfall because one makes you mind voyage to strange places while the other one makes grind for some NPC's virtual pussy. They are simply on different intellectual levels.

That's about it.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I am acting like retard???? LOL!!! You are a retard that goes around screeching how shit this game is without even playing it. Your butthurt is unnatural,i have seen in you in like 4-5 different threads whining about the game. And then you have the gall to call ME a retard,go and shove a fucking melon up your ass,faggit!

Aren't you an insecure little bitch? :)

Sorry for spoiling your act but you are too stupid to breathe. Go walk the bear.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

I am acting like retard???? LOL!!! You are a retard that goes around screeching how shit this game is without even playing it. Your butthurt is unnatural,i have seen in you in like 4-5 different threads whining about the game. And then you have the gall to call ME a retard,go and shove a fucking melon up your ass,faggit!

Aren't you an insecure little bitch? :)

Sorry for spoiling your act but you are too stupid to breath. Go walk the bear.
This is thread about a fucking game you dipshit,you are constantly spamming your butthurt without even playing the game. It was fun for a few pages,but you just won't stop,you are annoying and add nothing to the discussion.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom