Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
I will pirate Outer worlds because the fuckers burned me with pillars,and because they haven't delivered a good game in nearly a decade! People that buy this shit blindly do deserve to robbed of their money!!!

''Me not like Obsidian but gonna pirate anyway because i want to play their game.'' What is this mentality lol. If you din't like their games for a whole decade why bother pirate their game now. Seems rather stupid. It would be easier to wait until reviews and the reaction of people, you don't lose your time pirating something that you gonna hate.

But he knows it'll be 100x better than the shit *cough* greedfall *cough* he's been playing. How could he pass this up?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I will pirate Outer worlds because the fuckers burned me with pillars,and because they haven't delivered a good game in nearly a decade! People that buy this shit blindly do deserve to robbed of their money!!!

''Me not like Obsidian but gonna pirate anyway because i want to play their game.'' What is this mentality lol. If you din't like their games for a whole decade why bother pirate their game now. Seems rather stupid. It would be easier to wait until reviews and the reaction of people, you don't lose your time pirating something that you gonna hate.

But he knows it'll be 100x better than the shit *cough* greedfall *cough* he's been playing. How could he pass this up?
Oh i know that greedfall is a lot better game,didn't even mind paying money for it :smug:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I essentially paid $250 for Pillars, and in theory wouldn't mind collecting some compensation through means fair or foul. Logically speaking though, I was dissatisfied with Pillars ("WHITE MARCH FIXED EVERYTHING, GIVE THEM MORE MONEY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!" Regards, Infinitron) and furthermore gathered through Codex chatter that I'd have been even less satisfied with Deadfire. I therefore doubt that pirating their latest game would provide adequate compensation for my mental suffering and distress.

At least via piracy you can guarantee that you won't be throwing more money away, so there is that... however, if one finds oneself continually dissatisfied with a studio's games, one should just stop fucking playing them and cease hoping that THIS time they might produce a game one will enjoy. I blame hype culture and shut-in NEETs with far too much free time for all of this.

Anyway, anti-piracy moralfags really ought to fuck off. The way to combat piracy now, as always, is to develop great games with fair monetization models. Screeching sarcasm at people online hasn't ever worked as a means of discouraging piracy.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What is this mentality lol.
Ahhh i take it that this a question?!?! Fuck,i am shitty at writing correctly,but at least i do know that difference between question and normal sentence.

''Me not like Obsidian but gonna pirate anyway because i want to play their game.''
I see also that you are pretty butthurt about me pirating this shitty game and read pass the "i pirate everything niggers!". You must be really passionate about this game LoL. Do you have a Feargus shaped dildo?

It would be easier to wait until reviews and the reaction of people, you don't lose your time pirating something that you gonna hate.
:|:|:|:|:|
Ahhh i am not a sheep to care about the words of some random retards. I read reviews only for the giggles and never for information lol. Expecting a journo to deliver some info in this days is mighty naive. Also i have good internet,i don't mind replaying arcanum while waiting an hour to download this game. The only opinions about games is the ones of codexians,especially if i know their tastes and ass bleeds. The rest of the internet is casual popamolists :obviously:!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I essentially paid $250 for Pillars, and in theory wouldn't mind collecting some compensation through means fair or foul. Logically speaking though, I was dissatisfied with Pillars ("WHITE MARCH FIXED EVERYTHING, GIVE THEM MORE MONEY AND SEE FOR YOURSELF!" Regards, Infinitron) and furthermore gathered through Codex chatter that I'd have been even less satisfied with Deadfire. I therefore doubt that pirating their latest game would provide adequate compensation for my mental suffering and distress.

At least via piracy you can guarantee that you won't be throwing more money away, so there is that... however, if one finds oneself continually dissatisfied with a studio's games, one should just stop fucking playing them and cease hoping that THIS time they might produce a game one will enjoy. I blame hype culture and shut-ins NEETs with far too much free time for all of this.

Anyway, anti-piracy moralfags really ought to fuck off. The way to combat piracy now, as always, is to develop great games with fair monetization models. Screeching sarcasm at people online hasn't ever worked as a means of discouraging piracy.

This is fair, but purely as a practical matter, if you intend to play the game on release, it seems worth it to pay the one dollar GamePass subscription fee so you can get the first month patches without hassle. If you're still not done with the game by the time your subscription runs out, then you can pirate the hopefully by-then stable version.

Prime Junta

This is fair, but purely as a practical matter, if you intend to play the game on release, it seems worth it to pay the one dollar GamePass subscription fee so you can get the first month patches. If you're still not done with the game by the time your subscription runs out, then you can pirate the hopefully by-then stable version.

Don't ever change, Infinitron

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I see also that you are pretty butthurt about me pirating this shitty game and read pass the "i pirate everything niggers!". You must be really passionate about this game LoL. Do you have a Feargus shaped dildo?

Dude , do whatever you want , i just thought that's dumb to waste your time pirating something that you clearly don't care but hey , if you want to do this , whatever.

>Do you have a Feargus shaped dildo?

Nah, but I've a Sawyer dakimakura.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Dude , do whatever you want , i just thought that's dumb to waste your time pirating something that you clearly don't care but hey , if you want to do this , whatever.

>Do you have a Feargus shaped dildo?

Nah, but I've a Sawyer dakimakura.
:hmmm:
Ahhh it is an rpg,i care about rpgs....i never said that i don't care. I do expect the game to be meh at best,tho.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I would not even pirate a game before I see reviews and people's reaction. In general, I buy more games than I play, but would pirate out of principle when I am curious enough but there is hurt feelings involved. Only two games in last 5 years or so fit this criteria - Dragon Age Inquisition and... Outer Worlds.

Words can't describe how much regret I feel about my first ethical misstep but I am almost ready for a second. Double sellout to Microsoft and Epic and everything...

At least via piracy you can guarantee that you won't be throwing more money away, so there is that... however, if one finds oneself continually dissatisfied with a studio's games, one should just stop fucking playing them and cease hoping that THIS time they might produce a game one will enjoy. I blame hype culture and shut-in NEETs with far too much free time for all of this.

It's not a morality thing. All it comes down to what is more important to you - being a good boy in the eyes of the shopkeeper, or the ability to make a well-informed decision on whether to buy or not. I'm not considering a case where you like the game, play through it but still don't buy it out of economical reasons.

Fuck, even shoe shops give you a 30 days money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. That's for shoes, and we are discussing a commodity that can be copied an infinite amount of times without any copy losing anything of the quality of the other one. How brainwashed can people be?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's not a morality thing. All it comes down to what is more important to you - being a good boy in the eyes of the shopkeeper, or the ability to make a well-informed decision on whether to buy or not. I'm not considering a case where you like the game, play through it but still don't buy it out of economical reasons.

Fuck, even shoe shops give you a 30 days money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. That's for shoes, and we are discussing a commodity that can be copied an infinite amount of times without any copy losing anything of the quality of the other one. How brainwashed can people be?

There's a huge, vast gulf of difference between 1) pirating something for a couple hour demo to see if you like it and want to buy it, 2) pirating something completely because the average wage in your country is four videogames a month, and 3) pirating something completely because you could afford them but "fuck the man!" or whatever nonsense. When people debate piracy they have to address all these situations differently, or else it's not a serious conversation. I'm extremely against #3 but couldn't really give two fucks about the other two. They're vastly different things.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yep, pretty much. It's a decades long habit of mine to pirate games I'm unsure about and in 99.99% of cases the result is uninstall.exe within 30 minutes.

And then if people pirate because they can't afford a purchase but still want to enjoy their hobby, who cares? Digital copying is not stealing and even if it was, I'm not the pope to lecture them about sin.

But all this nonsense how you're stopping the decline of western civilization by torrenting video games is silly. Just admit you're a cheap cunt and enjoy your pirated game, no one wants to listen or cares about your rationalizations.

just

Liturgist
i don't buy or pirate obsidian games but they're still great source of entertainment for me.
endless streams of shitposting, arguing, controversies and whatnot. all for free.
great company

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
like 70% of the npcs in the game are "people of color", and half your squad of companions are zulus or pajeets. all the npcs have colored danger hair, in the style of modern leftists.

:makesyouthink:

the game will have to be fucking exceptional in gameplay in order to overcome these obstacles for me.

just

Liturgist
like 70% of the npcs in the game are "people of color", and half your squad of companions are zulus or pajeets. all the npcs have colored danger hair, in the style of modern leftists.

the game will have to be fucking exceptional in gameplay in order to overcome these obstacles for me.
game takes place on the edge of the galaxy on some shithole planets
white people are managing all these coorporations, having fun with their families and playing tennis on earth or whatever the main planet is
others have to fight awful monsters on barely livable terraformed planets so they can sell products to themselves, making white man even richer

what did boyarsky mean by that?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

It's academic curiosity to see just HOW dead the dead horse actually is.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Nowadays there's no need to even pirate the game folks, why waste time downloading and installing, let alone playing, when there'll be thousands of Let's Play videos that you can even let run on a second monitor, at the same time you play your favourite games. Best of both worlds!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Nowadays there's no need to even pirate the game folks, why waste time downloading and installing, let alone playing, when there'll be thousands of Let's Play videos that you can even let run on a second monitor, at the same time you play your favourite games. Best of both worlds!
Let's Players are too fucking retarded to discern whether the latest big name AAA game is actually good.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Piratebay is the bestest PC games demo database.

Too bad all these demos are so full of bugs.
I know it's just a demo but devs should have more consideration for the potential customers.
First impression is crucial and a demo should be flawless!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

I know you're joking but I will say watching an hour of unedited post-tutorial gameplay on Youtube has pretty much replaced "demos" for me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

game takes place on the edge of the galaxy on some shithole planets
white people are managing all these coorporations, having fun with their families and playing tennis on earth or whatever the main planet is
others have to fight awful monsters on barely livable terraformed planets so they can sell products to themselves, making white man even richer

what did boyarsky mean by that?
And we are stuck watching ugly nigger's mugs. So who is the most fucked over?

Efe

Erudite

I know you're joking but I will say watching an hour of unedited post-tutorial gameplay on Youtube has pretty much replaced "demos" for me.
yet most games fall off after the initial segment. coincidence or a trap for people like you?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
yet most games fall off after the initial segment. coincidence or a trap for people like you?

I don't think I've ever played a game I liked 5 hours in and didn't like 15 hours in, unless it just got boring. Once you're past the tutorial they don't usually change much.

Diggfinger

Arcane

At least via piracy you can guarantee that you won't be throwing more money away, so there is that... however, if one finds oneself continually dissatisfied with a studio's games, one should just stop fucking playing them and cease hoping that THIS time they might produce a game one will enjoy. I blame hype culture and shut-ins NEETs with far too much free time for all of this.

This is fair, but purely as a practical matter, if you intend to play the game on release, it seems worth it to pay the one dollar GamePass subscription fee so you can get the first month patches without hassle. If you're still not done with the game by the time your subscription runs out, then you can pirate the hopefully by-then stable version.

Dude....seriously?

:killit:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom