Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
SE7NbKd.jpg

Rare photo of Tolstoy's parents.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Fabulously optimistic: Kingmaker 2, now mostly in-city. What is a proper equivalent to Athkatla in the Pathfinder universe?
I was going to say that if this is turn-based, I would throw my credit card at them first day, but they've scarred me/us with their plethora of bugs, so... cautiously optimistic.

Imagine if it's not full of bugs though? Wooooo... :D

They'll let you work them out for them so the rest of us can have a great game after waiting three months.

deuxhero

Arcane
New instagram post.

77429673_173185037096865_631371358116382705_n.jpg

I wouldn't put much stock this being a clue. While Curse of the Crimson Throne is visible, that's mostly due to the fact that it and Rise of the Runelords are the only two collected as a hardcover. If you look you can see volumes of Kingmaker, Mummy's Mask, Strange Aeons and Wrath of the Righteous and the hardcover of Rise of the Runelords. This collection isn't even sorted (AP volumes aren't next to others in their AP).

I looked at all AP book at but can't find one similar. So zapped skeleton... any paladin/priest heavy module??

I think every 90%+ of APs have at least one skeleton in them.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
Mummy's Mask is extremely "meh" after a great first book. It's pure dungeon crawl. Also book 3 is all about humoring an obese bureaucrat lady that's in love with a random PC so she'll let you in a library. Yes: Really. This isn't a one time thing either, you have to compete in her various games to keep her favor.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My money is on Mummy's Mask, because... of obvious... reasons.

That seems like not a bad guess. The building in the background, behind the skeleton getting zapped, has kind of an Egyptian look to it...

I think the town on the puzzle pieces looks a bit like Sandpoint, but I'd be surprised if the game ended up being Rise of the Runelords.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
If the HOMM tribute is more than just loving the game, Ironfang Invasion has an optional mass combat system and has army v. army stuff. Remember that Kingmaker's management system had little in common with the AP's magement system.

Jinn

Arcane
Please just let it be Pathfinder Kingmaker 2 with both toggeable RTWP or TB combat.

They should seriously just hire the guy who developed the Turn-Based Mod. That shit is fantastic.

As for Kingmaker 2 - I'd love to see another adventure in a more exotic location in Golarion. Even an urban adventure set in Absalom would be amazing.

Aemar

Arcane
76602143_1249641765222867_3505691184762716160_n.png
74293121_1249641725222871_3904911663396028416_n.png

They posted some PF2-related memes on their Facebook about two weeks ago. These memes alongside the Pathfinder stack of books on their Instagram page could provide a clear clue about their next game.

deuxhero

Arcane
I forgot Sandpoint only had a wall on the northern edge. Its layout is pretty set in stone though (every building is detailed) and I can't work out the camera to make it work.

Even an urban adventure set in Absalom would be amazing.

There aren't any APs in Absalom. Two give it a brief glimpse in their final module, but neither is really interactive. I think this is largely because Absalom is the main setting for Pathfinder Society (Their organized play thing. Like RPGA.) which has almost a fifth of scenarios (63 out of 323) take place on the Isle of Kortos (which Absalom is on). There's supposed to be an AP all about it next year, though that's for the shitty 2E.

Citizen

Bros. This is a SKELETON. Struck by a CHAINLIGHTNING. In front of a PYRAMID.

You know which game had both pyramids, skellingtons and chain lightning spell?
latest

latest
latest
latest
latest
latest
latest

Suicidal

Arcane
You know what I would like to see from Owlcat? A game with Pathfinder mechanics that uses a gameplay structure similar to X-COM/Darkest Dungeon.

I'm playing Pathfinder right now (I'm close to the end) and I've come to the conclusion that the best part of the game is definitely character creation and leveling and gearing up your party. In fact, I'd say that the other aspects of the game aren't even good - the story is not that interesting, the main story quests are quite good but are broken up by a deluge of literal MMO-tier "go to area X, kill/retrieve Y, come back" side quests with very limited decision making and roleplaying, the game has dozens, maybe even hundreds of locations that all take place in the same 5-10 maps copypasted over and over, the combat stopped being challenging after level 5 or so and apart from a few DLC battles, the boss fights are a joke and the encounter design in each story chapter consists of fighting the same groups of enemies over and over not unlike Dragon Age Deep Roads.

However, despite all that, I'm still enjoying the game. Why? Because the character creation and the subsequent process of leveling and gearing up your party is very enjoyable. So I'd really love to see a game where you would be able to constantly create new parties and send them on small expeditions like X-COM or DD, instead of a game where you just have 1 party and stick to it for 200 hours. On multiple occasions I wanted to start a game over with a new characters and I very much enjoyed the DLC that takes place in a different region where you play with another party.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Mummy's Mask is extremely "meh" after a great first book. It's pure dungeon crawl. Also book 3 is all about humoring an obese bureaucrat lady that's in love with a random PC so she'll let you in a library. Yes: Really. This isn't a one time thing either, you have to compete in her various games to keep her favor.

It's going to be their IWD after their "BG".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom