Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Thanks for nothing, Squeenix.

ds.jpg

Japan man no into Turkey day or Black Friday. In Godzilla land it's just another 13 hour work day.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
1850 games and 572 DLCs are on sale .

I checked my wishlist... and thought that I didn't have any titles there with a discount. :hmmm:

Then I checked again... ALL of the titles there are with a discount! :shredder:

EDIT: Wasteland 2 is 75% off, so the Deluxe Edition is now only ~$10.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Well I finally bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Was waiting for that "royal edition" to be under $20.

No real time to look through everything else right now, but thankfully (sadly?) I'm pretty sure I own 95% of what I'd want on GOG.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Aaaand it's gone, best discounts went away like wet fart in the wind before Friday

Got STRIFE and Delta Force - Land Warrior and missed some more, damn

racofer

Thread Incliner
This sale's haul:

Code:
Broforce
Door Kickers: Action Squad
FTL: Advanced Edition
Infested Planet
Infested Planet: Planetary Campaign
Infested Planet: Trickster's Arsenal
Into the Breach
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Artbook + Strategy Guide
Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Soundtrack
STAR WARS™ Empire at War: Gold Pack
STAR WARS™: Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WARS™ Knights of the Old Republic™ II: The Sith Lords™
Star Wars™: Jedi Knight™ - Jedi Academy™
Star Wars™: Jedi Knight™ II - Jedi Outcast™

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Last edited by a moderator:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Every time there's an Ubisoft, Activision or EA type sale it really highlights that those companies refuse to release anything made in the last 10 years or so on GOG. You'd think at this point the DRM free concerns on titles like Assassin's Creed 2 or Dragon Age 2 would be over, but apparently not.

Either that or 10ish year old games sell like shit on GOG, which is also possible since the vast majority of people likely own them on Steam already.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Every time there's an Ubisoft, Activision or EA type sale it really highlights that those companies refuse to release anything made in the last 10 years or so on GOG. You'd think at this point the DRM free concerns on titles like Assassin's Creed 2 or Dragon Age 2 would be over, but apparently not.

Either that or 10ish year old games sell like shit on GOG, which is also possible since the vast majority of people likely own them on Steam already.

Another possible reason could be not wanting to give the store a cut of their DLC sales because every shekel counts. Although I imagine, very much like with DRM concerns for these aging games, you have to wonder how many DLC purchases are made for them to matter to such influential degree.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Double dipping is huge for GOG releases and basically the only reason some titles exist there. VTMB, Morrowind, Dragon Age Origins, etc. Keeping their games off GOG for a long time simply increases demand.

I might double-dip on some games I really love once they're under $5, but I question how many are like me, let alone how many do it for release day prices.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there a reason to buy from Steam anything anymore? Unless you are big on AAA releases, but why would you be?

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Is there a reason to buy from Steam anything anymore? Unless you are big on AAA releases, but why would you be?

There is always a reason. I heard some mention they liked having their games all in one place. At some point when you have 1,000 games on there you become committed. Some guys are on there because their other friends are on there.

Don't ask me though. I hardly play video games. I just talk about them all the time.

sullynathan

Arcane
The GOG Social update is really pushing for you to use their shit over everyones with the ability to see friends across all platforms. Unfortunately, it's now opening steam for non-steam registered games because said game is only available on steam.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom