Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Path of Exile is a MAJESTIC incline

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Your first goal is to raise atlas completion. Higher tier maps won't drop consistently at low completion. Low tier maps are being sold at banana prices so it should be pretty easy for you to get like 90+ completion.
I don't buy maps in PoE. I didn't buy them even before when map drops were crap and I don't plan to start. I rather not play the game if trading is only way to progress the atlas.

Truth is that glory days of this game are past it. I am not into this speed meta. I played Path of Diablo before new PoE league started and had more fun with it.
I want a simpler slower arpg like Diablo 2. PoE was once that game but now it is for people with ADHD.

Shame, because T5 maps are going for less than half a C. If you really don't want to trade then you can:

• Buy from Zana/Kirac
  • Do Zana Dailies
  • Vendor recipe (3 of the same map = one connected map, one tier higher)
  • Delve and hope for map drops
  • Do Atziri runs and hope for map drops
  • ????

ArchAngel

Arcane
Zana only sells white ones. Daily I can try and hope it drops some yellow maps. Delve is boring and I can only suffer it in small doses. Atziri will drop white maps only. Also my Arc guy will die to reflect all the time, not an option.

But the point is that I am neither happy with new atlas or how the game currently plays (best tactic is still to delete enemies because they can also delete you within a second). And that does not motivate me to grind more than in previous leagues to progress to fucking yellow maps.

janior

Arcane
Patron
guys i fucking bricked sirus fight again got him to phase 3 and he just wouldnt come down from the air after creating the vortex xD just stayed in the air with created arena and I couldnt complete the fight again xD im already at awakening level 8 and i either got fucked by the moving storms or got some weird ass bug XD honestly they should just triple his hp and dmg and remove those stupid vortexes
anyone done this fight and has some tips?

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
On combat log, they've flitted between it being too hard to implement and other times have claimed it's because a combat log would give too much info away on mechanics etc.
I think you can write whole thesis about obfuscating game mechanics in RPGs using PoE alone. And that is the game where whole point is building characters and playing excel spreadsheets.
All it leads to is casuals being confused, and noncasuals just using fanmade tools to calculate their hp and crit.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
guys i fucking bricked sirus fight again got him to phase 3 and he just wouldnt come down from the air after creating the vortex xD just stayed in the air with created arena and I couldnt complete the fight again xD im already at awakening level 8 and i either got fucked by the moving storms or got some weird ass bug XD honestly they should just triple his hp and dmg and remove those stupid vortexes
anyone done this fight and has some tips?

It's a terrible encounter and really needs to be reworked. I managed to do it once, but it felt like the stars aligned.

Most frustrating thing is (as a minion build), the storms kill my zombies before I even reach the boss, so I have to waste time resummoning after navigating the storms before engaging the boss.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
I'm getting REALLY tired of the 1-shot bullshit of t15-16 metamorphs. It's like the game throws all its own mechanics out the window and goes super mario instead. Get hit once and die, stats don't matter lol.

Anyone found a compilation of metamorph 1-shot skills that should never be used?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I'm getting REALLY tired of the 1-shot bullshit of t15-16 metamorphs. It's like the game throws all its own mechanics out the window and goes super mario instead. Get hit once and die, stats don't matter lol.

Anyone found a compilation of metamorph 1-shot skills that should never be used?
This is probably working as intended. Late game challenge league content is basically intended to be harder than things in the core game.

You're playing standard though, so what does it matter? Go with the flow~

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
XP loss at lvl 90 hurts. And you don't see a problem with the game not differentiating between 2k or 6k hp? What's the point of min maxing your defenses when most of your deaths are 100% unrelated to stats?

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Tane Octavius: I want to fuse Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Hitler and Bin Laden together! Then we'll see if you can stop the resulting abomination from unleashing unspeakable horrors upon this world!
The Exile: But why?
Tane Octavius: It's uh... for science... and stuff.

janior

Arcane
Patron
if you run blue instead of yellow t 14,15,16 you will never die
I think thats the problem this league, people run max mods on their maps, max out their metamorph and say they die to "random bullshit"" XD

Last edited:

abija

Prophet
Yeah new Atlas is dope.
Not entirely sure it's the new atlas or just the much higher maps drop rate. But as a sum is certainly much better.

The devs keep saying its very complicated to add a log, because of *reasons*. I say bollocks to that though, a combat log that covers 90% of the one-shot cases is enough, and should not be hard to implement, since the whole thing with oneshotting is that it usually happens in less than a second.
They lie. It's really not so hard to dump a log to hdd which would be more than enough. And they should have something like that already implemented for development. Would probably take 1 week for community to provide a parser...

So any of you want to share how you did the atlas at start to be able to get to red maps?
I did a few t5 maps and not a single t6 dropped..

Are you completing whole atlas or only running maps in one sector?
inner region -> outer -> watchstone only inner -> watchstone inner and outer -> 2 watchstones only inner -> ...

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah new Atlas is dope.
Not entirely sure it's the new atlas or just the much higher maps drop rate. But as a sum is certainly much better.

The devs keep saying its very complicated to add a log, because of *reasons*. I say bollocks to that though, a combat log that covers 90% of the one-shot cases is enough, and should not be hard to implement, since the whole thing with oneshotting is that it usually happens in less than a second.
They lie. It's really not so hard to dump a log to hdd which would be more than enough. And they should have something like that already implemented for development. Would probably take 1 week for community to provide a parser...

So any of you want to share how you did the atlas at start to be able to get to red maps?

inner region -> outer -> watchstone only inner -> watchstone inner and outer -> 2 watchstones only inner -> ...
Yes that is what I have been trying to do. Takes much more grinding than before and you spend much more time on white maps until you got all 4 outer regions done. Overall worse than last atlas and kills my will to play.

EDIT: janior I am glad you got enough free time and willpower in your life to grind same maps over and over and call it fun or new content. I don't. This new Atlas is even less effort than how they recycled Act 6 to 10 from Acts 1 to 5 and called it new content.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
XP loss at lvl 90 hurts. And you don't see a problem with the game not differentiating between 2k or 6k hp? What's the point of min maxing your defenses when most of your deaths are 100% unrelated to stats?
I guess? But are you really dying that often, and will those last 10 passive points really give you much ?

You probably will die more often with 2k hp, it's just even with 10k you will not fully escape it.

It does kinda suck, and GGG should fix it (it doesn't seem to even be on their radar though, so don't hold your breath)

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, I just had my first ever Headhunter drop off a rank 3 sacrifice room (sacrificed a Wurm's Molt). This league has been one unlikely event after the other. Let's see if I'll be able to cross a Mirror drop off my lifetime PoE checklist next.

janior

Arcane
Patron
So I killed sirus finally, the whole fight comes down to knowing how to bait him out of the storms and where to stand which would be ok if it wasnt so unintuitive honestly without having to manage his storms its easier than the shaper
t1 white map boss loot XD
FxvGta4.jpg

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Drops are completely fucked up. I sold my cartography scarabs yesterday as I felt they don't make much of a difference. Definitely not worth 8c. Sold mine for 9c xD.

Sextants otoh are worth it. Also, rolled an arc mine sabo, pretty gud how quickly bosses get DELETED. Granted, my char also got deleted a couple times, but it's all good. Made it to act 7 in about 3 hours. Pretty fast considering I was learning a new playstyle from scratch.

Btw, what zana mods you guys use? I've been running essences for the most part as I can easily tell how much I made.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
GGG announced mega patch coming soon, propably next week.
P. sure they fix lifesaving bug where you can spawn Elderslayers (4 watchstones) two more times with white and yellow maps after they spread their influence on the part of the Atlast after running Tier 14-16 map(s).

I got the case where game stopped dropping maps (after failed attempt at Sirius, not even mad), tried to find solution and what I did?
Changed my hideout from Helena, started Zana's mission, bought map from her and run in, that unclogged the map drops somehow.
edit - another tip.
Keep even number of Watchstones in outer or inner regions of the atlas. This somehow unclogged my map drops too...

Same impression as others - maps started... dropping. Reds too. Funny something works as intended after some time...

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
Sirus fight has a lot of BS "features" which I consider bugs. For example, if Sirus is on the stairs you can get stuck during the meteor phase or sometimes when he throws the corridor laser on you, he puts you in the wall of the corridor and then you just have to sit there and die since you cannot move to avoid the projectiles. Maybe in 3 months they will finish debugging the fight. Doing the fight is more a matter of avoiding bugs than anything else.

Shadenuat

Arcane
From all leagues I played I think this one has best design by far:

- It is fully optional (except retard spawning during boss fights lol)
- You choose the time and place you engage content (which is usually some wall or rock or bunch of trees between you and Nuclear Missiles TM)
- You have some control over difficulty of content (extra Chaos Damage + more loot? Bring it on, I'ma immune. Hexproof? nothx)
- Rewards are instaneous and well, rewarding (when you forget that most uniques have no use for you anyway)

Sadly it is screwed by GGG sauce, mainly Black Shit TIM; and the way metamorphs combine abilities is sorta random and leads to everything including hard PC reset screaming to stop torturing it, as well as one-shots, of course

Boy, it could have been brilliant. Think about that: you collect parts of the bosses/enemies, make your own bosses and fight them. doesn't that sound like material for a whole separate new game??

at least, at least oh gawd, if they removed Black Shit TM, and if bosses would switch between phases slowly (use your invulnerability stages, you fucking love those anyway) and had some windup before changing to new attacks it would have been brilliant. why do you even NEED Black Shit TM, pray tell? You will fight this thin 1 on 1 anyway, and it is clearly visibile on minimap (thanks at least for that), you can not use any extra effects at all, really. then it would be easy to see different stages of the thing.

but alas, 3 month development time.

the Atlas I have no IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENIN, it's like MONOPOLY or something, can't I just like, finish xyz maps and fight boss?? why does this guy spawn I killed them? why doe sthings change colors everything is like DUNE BATL ARRAKIS? why does other ROCK not drop and are bosses random or whatfuck? HOLD THIS CASUAL HAND PLZ.

regardz, ur casual. aka I have no Lung and I must Scream

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Afaik, in practice its more like 7-9 weeks. And in parallel they're working on 2.0, new skills gems, etc.

Kinda impressive things aren't worse. That being said, I only played 3 hours or so this league. Better luck next time.

Sharpedge

Prophet
From all leagues I played I think this one has best design by far:

- It is fully optional (except retard spawning during boss fights lol)
- You choose the time and place you engage content (which is usually some wall or rock or bunch of trees between you and Nuclear Missiles TM)
- You have some control over difficulty of content (extra Chaos Damage + more loot? Bring it on, I'ma immune. Hexproof? nothx)
- Rewards are instaneous and well, rewarding (when you forget that most uniques have no use for you anyway)

Sadly it is screwed by GGG sauce, mainly Black Shit TIM; and the way metamorphs combine abilities is sorta random and leads to everything including hard PC reset screaming to stop torturing it, as well as one-shots, of course

Boy, it could have been brilliant. Think about that: you collect parts of the bosses/enemies, make your own bosses and fight them. doesn't that sound like material for a whole separate new game??

at least, at least oh gawd, if they removed Black Shit TM, and if bosses would switch between phases slowly (use your invulnerability stages, you fucking love those anyway) and had some windup before changing to new attacks it would have been brilliant. why do you even NEED Black Shit TM, pray tell? You will fight this thin 1 on 1 anyway, and it is clearly visibile on minimap (thanks at least for that), you can not use any extra effects at all, really. then it would be easy to see different stages of the thing.

the Atlas I have no IDEA WHAT IS HAPPENIN, it's like MONOPOLY or something, can't I just like, finish xyz maps and fight boss?? why does this guy spawn I killed them? why doe sthings change colors everything is like DUNE BATL ARRAKIS? why does other ROCK not drop and are bosses random or whatfuck? HOLD THIS CASUAL HAND PLZ.

regardz, ur casual. aka I have no Lung and I must Scream

I am 1 of the few people who liked the concept of synthesis, but didn't like the execution. I think with some tweaks it could be a great piece of alternative endgame to mapping.

• It was also completely optional.
  • You could choose how much you wanted to boost the side areas.
  • The bosses were somewhat interesting and had worthwhile drops.

The problem I had with it was the way that you went about acquiring pieces. I think if instead of the piece you get being random, every piece had 4 sections initially and depending on which of the stabilizers you touched before the map collapsed, you got a different piece. If you touched all 3, you got the 4 piece, if you touched only 2 of them, you got the 3 piece with the 2 you touched, etc. That would make the whole map building aspect a whole lot less annoying as you could target collect the pieces you wanted.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It'll probably get improved when it goes main game (assuming it does).

They usually fix the biggest issues with league mechanics after the league is over.

Hopefully the Sirus fight gets tweaked as well.

Shadenuat

Arcane
funny you say this, as I just got stuck in terrain of Abyss arena.

I am 1 of the few people who liked the concept of synthesis
packs of protoss with blue lazers on rainbow bridges. fuck that.
i take it next one was that tower defence. oh my fuck that funny garbage.

u know I remember why I even began playing PoE. It looked like what Diablo 3 should have been.
and now look at it. even without MTX, it's an eye cancer.

Last edited:

Sharpedge

Prophet
funny you say this, as I just got stuck in terrain of Abyss arena.

I am 1 of the few people who liked the concept of synthesis
packs of protoss with blue lazers on rainbow bridges. fuck that.
i take it next one was that tower defence. oh my fuck that funny garbage.

u know I remember why I even began playing PoE. It looked like what Diablo 3 should have been.
and now look at it. even without MTX, it's an eye cancer.
Blight was a poor league, agreed. I also preferred the look of the game back in 2013, but that wasn't what I was referring to, I was referring to the mechanic itself. Conceptually, I liked the idea of the, "build your own map" league but the problem with it was the frustration caused by being part bottle-necked for no good reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom