Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Would be nice to have a smooth run at release unlike Bugfinder
On the contrary, I would prefer a feature reach game that is fully playable after half a year of patching. You're using M$ Windows, right?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Itz hard to leave bed without ambition, let alone make cRPG which will be more than simple moar dungeons, moar quests, moar beards and moar beer than in last game. Let them innovate, release them from shackles of balance and past. Let them stretch their wings, innovate and improve old RPG formulas. Not by dumbing things down but by adding new ingrediants to the mix, like mounted combat

I know that some are not bored with playing exact same game for 20+ years, but trust me these devs are bored of making them. They want design challenges, new interesting systems and mechanics, more C&C etc. I swear, some of you are starting to sound like Todd Howardz with his mormonic and moronic game motto of Keep It Simple & Same.

Don't be such Amishes of RPG design

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
LOL! AHAHAH!
FSuRwN8.png
You'll end up immortalized in this game. Mark my words

Efe

Erudite
i agree but they already answered most important questions with "we cant spoil this." or "wait for kickstarter updates" so not very hopeful how much info can be gathered through them

pm_675

Arbiter
Fuck, this Kickstarter is fast. Dismemberment is funded, next tier is 2 mythic paths at 770k

Edit: And 14 social goals unlocked, background and traits are in

:bounce:

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am a little confused about Mythic Paths. Are Mythic Paths akin to backgrounds, or is it a prestige class? I thought it was a prestige class (i.e. good characters can become angels), but the new stretch goal of Swarm-that-Walks and Gold Dragon seems like backgrounds.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am a little confused about Mythic Paths. Are Mythic Paths akin to backgrounds, or is it a prestige class? I thought it was a prestige class (i.e. good characters can become angels), but the new stretch goal of Swarm-that-Walks and Gold Dragon seems like backgrounds.
It is a Gestalt class.

Mortmal

Arcane
damnit, people dont read.. Paralell overpowered skill tree.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They could speak in greater detail about Crusade system, I guess. I feel like that part of game has been the most covered in mystery so far. Also for those pointing out how much Owlcats are mixing strategy & RPG and reaching almost HoMM game design, Creative Director of both Kingmaker and Wrath worked on HoMM5

Love for HoMM in Russians is immortal

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
damnit, people dont read.. Paralell overpowered skill tree.
I am not confused about the parallel skill tree part. Instead, narrative-wise, the characters are becoming Golden Dragons, Angels, or the Swarm-that-Walks? Or, is it a background? The most recent mythic paths stretch goal read like backgrounds.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm a little bit confused about evil Mythic paths.

Others are understandable - Angel is lawful good, Dragon is neutral good, Azata is chaotic good
Aeon is lawful neutral, Legend is true neutral and Trickster is chaotic neutral

But... who is lawful evil? Lich seems like neutral evil. Both Demon and Swarm-that-walks are chaotic evil.

Lich is probably Neutral Evil? You don't have to be chaotic to be one right? Chaotic implies a impulsive disregard of the law/discipline which Lich is certainly not.

That left the Swarm as... Lawful Evil? Which doesn't really make sense.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Finally, we get the most mythic path in the game. Now WE are the spider swarm!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom