Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Yes, exactly the reason wizardry 1 was banned in imperial russia

and found their home in the Land of Rising Sun

iu

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

iu
Huh. I guess I haven't been following Wizardry very closely. I had no idea Wizardry had been given over to Japanese developers. Wikipedia tells me that the recent releases that I completely missed were all Japanese mobile games.
:negative:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

iu
Huh. I guess I haven't been following Wizardry very closely. I had no idea Wizardry had been given over to Japanese developers. Wikipedia tells me that the recent releases that I completely missed were all Japanese mobile games.
:negative:

If you want another Wizardry, just play Grimoire.

Shadowfang

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech
Grimoire outdated phase based combat is its greatest weakness, instead it should have went with a more streamlined real time combat and less than half the races/classes choices for a more balanced approach.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The main difference is that your parents are here like on Facebook as well, but you wouldn't know as they roleplay chaotic evil 12 year olds

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Globalism is the future, good or bad.

A lot of your preferences are rooted in what you grew up on rather than objective quality.

Fallout 4 was the best Bethesda game since Morrowind.

Avellone's Obsidian complaints made him sound whiny and arrogant rather than wise.

Women are pretty cool most of the time.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Serpent Isle is a decadent western JRPG, a storyfag game with a banal-shit-boring plot and no gameplay, that makes Disco Elysium look monocled. The last good Ultima game was Underworld right before Ultima VII, probably because Garriott and the main Origin team weren't involved.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Gothic 1 and 2 are all about Chad Xardas vs Virgin Circle of Mages.

I agree.

vxdvaaavmff41.jpg

On Gothic 1, fire mages only wanna maintain the status quo. And except Milten in a very specific quest, they never leave their chapel.
On Gothic 2, too.they spend eternities on their monastery doing homossexual stuff.
Even on Gothic 3, you see the Fire Magicians crying in their rebel camps while druids and water mages are trying to actually learn ancient magic and dark mages seens to know ancient magic well... Hell, Ice Explosion requires a quest involving the investigation of ancient temples to be learned.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Gothic 1 and 2 are all about Chad Xardas vs Virgin Circle of Mages.

I agree.

vxdvaaavmff41.jpg

On Gothic 1, fire mages only wanna maintain the status quo. And except Milten in a very specific quest, they never leave their chapel.
On Gothic 2, too.they spend eternities on their monastery doing homossexual stuff.
Even on Gothic 3, you see the Fire Magicians crying in their rebel camps while druids and water mages are trying to actually learn ancient magic and dark mages seens to know ancient magic well... Hell, Ice Explosion requires a quest involving the investigation of ancient temples to be learned.
All mages are fags but old camp is ultra fag.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
All mages are fags but old camp is ultra fag.

Mages are arrogant but everyone on top of social pyramid is...

Gothic 1 :
  • New Camp -> Dominated by water mages
  • Swamp camp -> Dominated by Gurus(mages)
  • Old Camp -> Fire Mages are Gomez bitches but have a much better live than any guard.

Gothic 2 :
  • Fire mages have a pretty high social status and everyone respects then. Paladins works for Fire Magicians and the Ring of Water works for the Circle of water

Gothic 3 :
The siege of Faring failed miserably and orcs had terrible loses. After "morras" lost their rune magic, orcs conquered the realm easily in few days
  • On Nordmar, one clan is completely subjected to the monastery, other had his mine occupied by orcs and other is only safe thanks Ice Golems given by Xardas to give protection to then.
  • On Myrthana, Druids and his rangers are the unique ones not enslaved (or) under service of Orcs. Except in capital who is protected by a barrier and in few rebel camps.
  • On Varant, black mages rules and the Nomads only got some chance when the Water mages helped then;

Mages are the like nobility on Gothic universe.

SJWs have a point. Games need more diversity and political awareness.

Yep. There are too many Chinese people on Dinasty Warriors. Just kidding.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom