Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire's Fall: Origins

RolePlayer

Augur
https://earlymorningstudio.com/vampires-fall-origins/

Anybody play this game yet ? I couldn't find any discussion here about this game ...

edit: yes i know i butchered the spelling in the title -- it should be "Vampire's Fall: Origins"
edit 2: thank you to the mods for correcting the spelling
edit 3: thank you to the mods for revising and fleshing out my entire post

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What does old-school RPG means at this point?
:smug:
51neQGVs3AL.jpg

Absinthe

Arcane
This game is beneath notice, honestly. The UI is bad, ugly, and looks like mobile shit, the writing is on par with fanfiction, the art is lousy, and the gameplay is underwhelming. It's the kind of indie trash that makes people look down on indie games.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I wasted many hours on it on my phone, playing all the way to Inferno difficulty (or whatever the highest difficulty is). This means about 6 playthroughs just to see all the endgame content (read: there's none).

That being said, as a mobile game, it's not bad (because most alternatives are shit). But I wouldn't play it on PC mainly because there are better games.

- Mechanically it's simple. Isometric view when exploring with JRPG combat. There aren't many ways to build your character because of how limited the upgrade options are. Some nodes in the skill trees are useless, some less viable once you've maxed out your level. 2H, for instance, is useless since it doesn't do jack apart from buffing some damage stats, and you're just better off going for 1H+shield build. Also the game has non-existent difficulty once you finish the two playthroughs.

- Story-wise it doesn't take itself too seriously. It's got grimdark edgy art style, but very tongue-in-cheek writing. Somewhat amusing the first time you run through it.

Tldr it's OK as a time waster when you're in public transport otw to work, and the grind does feel rewarding at first, but don't expect complex mechanics.

RolePlayer

Augur
This game is beneath notice, honestly. The UI is bad, ugly, and looks like mobile shit, the writing is on par with fanfiction, the art is lousy, and the gameplay is underwhelming. It's the kind of indie trash that makes people look down on indie games.

i'm like 2-3 years late but this response made me laugh. i feel sorry if their devs have a google-alert set up for any mentions of their game--with the way you totally shat on it :flamesaw:

RolePlayer

Augur
Oh yea and just a little history on this game: when i initially posted it here there were only a few hundred reviews with 90%+ score 'overwhelming positive' which is why i was curious and posted the game here. since then, 500 more reviews have come in from users, and now the game is at 79% 'mostly positive' so the game's ratings have definitely come down over the last 2 years

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom