Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X4: Foundations - Mount and Blade with space-ships. Now with significant Beta update

Perkel

Arcane
Minerals run from The Reach:

unknown.png

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
When X4 starts to look like this on low settings, I'll start to play it:

Perkel

Arcane
How to find minerals in asteroid fields ? You can see those points of light from time to time. Frequency of those corresponds to quality of mineral, kind of like morse code.

Sitting on Argon Wharf planning routes for my traders for past 40-60 minutes. Argon police hard at work. All of those are either spacefly eggs or unstable crystals.

unknown.png

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
backed up my save and i will be trying now those mods like VRO and DGO.

Perkel

Arcane
After some testing and playing a bit, getting down to see compatibility and issues with recent split dlc and etc...
I made modpack.

PerkelModPack[1.0]
for X4 minimum version 3.10

Mods included:
DeadAirGate Overhaul
DeadAirGate DynamicWars
FactionFixPack
GettingPaid & Landlord
Variety and Rebalance Overhaul
XR-ShipPack with VRO patch
WeaponPack

----------------------World
- 105 added sectors + vanilla sectors.
- highways completely removed from game
----------------------Factions
- all random spawns are disabled aside from Khaak
- each faction now has several core and bordering regions and plenty neutral sectors between factions
- Each faction now have ship paintjobs instead of flying in same ships as you.
- Each faction is re-balanced with different strength and weaknesses
- factions that are on their death's door have improved efficiency and may receive backup from their colonies outside of X4 in form of extra ships or resources. Which means that factions can recover from being bullied by few factions but it is still possible to completely wipe them out.
- Nerexinmod (from starsector) like dynamic war system based on events. Big factions will have more enemies, small factions small amount of enemies.
----------------------Economy
- crew now has wages every hour
- your stations now have maintenance cost every half an hour
- your stations in sectors owned by other factions will have to pay taxes
- Smaller factions like SCY now have functioning economies and are proper factions.
- increased ship costs especially capital ships
----------------------Ships and Equipment
- 25+ new ships. Mostly ported from X:Rebirth, few originals and cerberus remake from X3, integrated into factions
- weapons completely reworked. MK weapons replaced with new weapons while M/L weapons now are their own new weapons instead of being just bigger versions of S weapons. FX and feel of weapons is a lot improved.
- missiles completely redone. Now they divide into few classes with few missiles for each class which require different missile launchers. Classes are light/medium/heavy/torpedo/cruise
----------------------Combat Balance
- ships speed was increased to account for larger universe and lack of highways about 1,5 times for both combat and travel mode in some cases like fast ships 2x.
- shields now have constant shield regeneration which you can't disable with damage.
- AI for turrets is a lot improved
- game is now harder and xenon are no longer pushovers

Known issues:
- new ships are completely functional but usually they have texture blocking enterence to ship. You can go past it no problem.
- you should install first VRO run game and enable it and then XR-shippack VRO. If you copy both at the same time it may disable VRO while XR-shippack VRO could be red signaling issues.
- worse performance. DAGO lowers fps by 20-30% because of increased size of universe there are just more things in it. Good news is that after about first 60minutes performance gradually improves as ships spread out but it will be still lower than average vanilla.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
So, how long before some dumbshit like Perkele here complains about the Split Dragon, once again the perfect player ship, being retardedly too fast for MUH BALINSE and they nerf it completely?

It's BY FAR the fastest ship in the game, doing around 777 when the fastest scout fighter can only handle 453 :lol:

Also has 6 normal weapons and 2 turrets for extra pew pew. This thing can seriously fuck up your day.

Perkel

Arcane
World with DAGO. AS you can see even with only some argon and some teladi space it is already as big as vanilla:

unknown.png

So, how long before some dumbshit like Perkele here complains about the Split Dragon, once again the perfect player ship, being retardedly too fast for MUH BALINSE and they nerf it completely?

?? Why should i complain ? I like actually asymetric balance. There is nothing worse for game that to have equal factions, units and everything.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
?? Why should i complain ? I like actually asymetric balance. There is nothing worse for game that to have equal factions, units and everything.

Because you complained about the jump drive among other things. The single most useful feature in the entire X series apart from the SETA and you support its removal because MUH BALANCE.

Perkel

Arcane
For those wondering how to make money. Find Nvidium spot and then set M autominer on it. It should provide decent amount of money in no time. Though finding Nvidium spot is a bit hard.

Because you complained about the jump drive among other things. The single most useful feature in the entire X series apart from the SETA and you support its removal because MUH BALANCE.

I said it fucks up with gameplay as it effectively removes completely strategy from game. That is completely different from "balance".

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
For those wondering how to make money. Find Nvidium spot and then set M autominer on it. It should provide decent amount of money in no time. Though finding Nvidium spot is a bit hard.

Before they nerfed the automining system so you need a bajillion experience stars, you could just set an autominer to mine nvidium and it would find it by itself.

I said it fucks up with gameplay as it effectively removes completely strategy from game. That is completely different from "balance".[/QUOTE]

It doesn't remove anything and no one forces you to use it. it's 100% optional. You are free to get exploded by a Xenon raid if you want.

Perkel

Arcane
It doesn't remove anything and no one forces you to use it. it's 100% optional. You are free to get exploded by a Xenon raid if you want.

The problem here is that AI now plays by the same rules you are playing. Jumpdrives were completely fine in previous games because AI didn't use them to attack but you could.

So either you enable it and stop AI from using it or there are no jumpdrives. And no it is not 100% optional when it completely changes how you play game. What is the point of defense stations near hot zones when you can just drop your whole fleet into Argon Prime and completely destroy Argon core sector without touching any bordering regions grinding your forces down.

And that is only just way of using jumpdrives to attack. How about defense ? In X3 there is 0 reason to spread out your forces and do patrols. Because when you find enemy encroaching your bordering sector you just jump with whole main fleet and you can do that to defend 5 different sectors in few minutes even if they are far far far away from each other.

Lack of jumpdrives means that you can no longer accumulate whole fleet into one big blob because before that blob will move your stations could already be destroyed. So you have to create fleets that you will spread out in key areas ready for action anytime with short travel distance to hot zone.

I don't even see the problem here with lack of jumpdrives when it comes to quick movement if your player. They even gave you teleporting which is far better way to traverse fast without breaking gameplay and you can quickly switch ships thanks to that and go into battle along your fleet.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
So either you enable it and stop AI from using it or there are no jumpdrives. And no it is not 100% optional when it completely changes how you play game. What is the point of defense stations near hot zones when you can just drop your whole fleet into Argon Prime and completely destroy Argon core sector without touching any bordering regions grinding your forces down.

You can still do that, travel drive makes your ships invulnerable to NPC attack. It's just annoyingly slow but you can still move your fleet into core sectors without taking a loss.

And that is only just way of using jumpdrives to attack. How about defense ? In X3 there is 0 reason to spread out your forces and do patrols. Because when you find enemy encroaching your bordering sector you just jump with whole main fleet and you can do that to defend 5 different sectors in few minutes even if they are far far far away from each other.

That's not a good thing. If your ships are far away, you could warp them in and save your station that took 90000000 hours to build because of how the X4 building system works. Now, because of the crappy pathfinding and fleet navigation AI, it takes ages for your gigafleet to travel even 2 or 3 sectors, where the Xenon have (especially since the latest patch) no such issue and pulverize your station before anything can reach it.

I don't even see the problem here with lack of jumpdrives when it comes to quick movement if your player. They even gave you teleporting which is far better way to traverse fast without breaking gameplay and you can quickly switch ships thanks to that and go into battle along your fleet.

This was the main, and most important use of the Jump dirve. Yes, you can teleport IF you have a ship or station nearby. There is no quick way of getting your exact ship somewhere else quickly. Unless you have exact copies of it all over the universe. Which is silly.

Just like you, there were so many thousands of retards on the Egosoft forums defending the lack of SETA when Stillbirth came out. You all disgust me.

Perkel

Arcane
That is because X:rebirth and now X4 mostly solved SETA issue. X3 and rest required SETA because ships were limited to very very very slow travel speed, especially for traders. Literally time to do trade run even with jumpdrive could take 30-40minutes per run. X:rebirth fixed it via highways system and travel mode for cap ships while X4 scrapped mostly highways and just gave all ships travel mode.

Now i play X4 and my traders mostly operate much like i would play at SETA 6x in X3. And they actually added SETA to Rebirth later on and it is present in X4. I don't use it anymore as game speed is perfect right now.

You can still do that, travel drive makes your ships invulnerable to NPC attack. It's just annoyingly slow but you can still move your fleet into core sectors without taking a loss.

While things you said here have some truth it is overall mostly false. You yourself can alone go to core sector ignoring everything but your units especially cap ships will take a lot of time to maneuver and they will be picked up by defending force along the way which will tie those ships in place and then AI will respond sending their own fleet.

It is possible to be lucky and get into core sector even with whole fleet but it is not longer 100%. Secondly you kind of forget the second part of puzzle. Once you get in into core sector then what ? With jump drive you could hit few stations and jump out before response would came but now without jumpdrive your units once they will start attacking 100% will be picked up by response force and it won't be easy to run away.

That's not a good thing. If your ships are far away, you could warp them in and save your station that took 90000000 hours to build because of how the X4 building system works. Now, because of the crappy pathfinding and fleet navigation AI, it takes ages for your gigafleet to travel even 2 or 3 sectors, where the Xenon have (especially since the latest patch) no such issue and pulverize your station before anything can reach it.

That is the whole point of this change. You need to take into account sector security now, station your units in places that allow for quick response. So unlike X3 building one station on other side of galaxy is not anymore rational as you will be too spread out and you would have problems defending that station.

As for stations i can't agree. Again you think about stations in X4 like those in X3. While it is true that building one station in X3 was faster you kind of forget that building complex was pain in ass and X4 stations are effectively all complexes.

X3 station in X4 would be just dock storage and production unit. All of which could be build in minutes, much less time than waiting minutes in SETA for station transporter. Unlike X3 where you had to build 3-4 same stations to get decent production you now can do it all in one go in X4.

The only issue i see with X4 stations is that there is too little wares types and production chains are simplified. I really liked creating complexes for specific missiles etc. which is now gone in X4.

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Swing and a miss big boi.

The main issue with stations isn't the modules, it's that they NEED RESOURCES AND TIME TO BUILD. In all the other games, you pay money and your station is built. Pretty much instantly. Same for ships.

In X4, if you need 23000 hull plates for your station, and the entire universe only makes like 2000 per hour, your station takes hours even with SETA, to build.

Thus if it gets destroyed, ur fucked.

Perkel

Arcane
It was an issue in X Rebirth and release version of X4 but i play now and this is not a problem, i can build just fine with no issues and frankly i like that stations take time to build as well resources unlike before when you could just buy and place it instantly. Imho it is good addition.

In other news. some mods released in last 2 days. I wouldn't advice to use them right now as they are still in beta pretty much but:

Fire and Smoke - replaces ships explosion and smoke with similar to those from X:rebirth which were awesome:

XReborn Ship Ports X:Rebirth complete port of all ships. You need to own X:Rebirth with all DLC. Still rough but you can actually play now with canteran ships PMCs etc. Though you need teleport to get on them in initial version as they mostly don't have landing gear.

Shiplist:
  • Moebius
  • Hayabusa
  • Orlam
  • Talorcan
  • Ossian
  • Artio
  • Vasio
  • Nechtan
  • Hesus
  • Birog
  • Camulos Raider
  • Camulos Vanguard
  • Camulos Sentinel
  • Foltor Raider
  • Foltor Vanguard
  • Foltor Sentinel
  • Eterscel Raider
  • Eterscel Vanguard
  • Eterscel Sentinel
  • Domelch
  • Cennelath
  • Maelchon
  • Triath Raider
  • Triath Vanguard
  • Triath Sentinel
  • Bonescout
  • Skull Crusher
  • Falcon
  • Falcon
  • Harrier
  • Harrier
  • Drostan
  • M
  • N
  • Katana
  • Daito
  • Gigurum (Container)
  • Dwalin
  • Gigurum (Bulk)
  • Gigurum (Energy)
  • Nudung
  • Hymir
  • Betaver
  • Gigurum (Liquid)
  • Mercancias (Liquid)
  • Mercancias (Bulk)
  • Mercancias (Energy)
  • Mercancias (Container)
  • Dwalin
  • Nyanae (Liquid)
  • Nyanae (Bulk)
  • Nyanae (Energy)
  • Nyanae (Container)
  • Dwalin
  • Gigurum (Bulk)
  • Betaver
  • Gigurum (Liquid)
  • Golem
  • Dwalin
  • Toucan (Bulk)
  • Toucan (Container)
  • Toucan (Energy)
  • Manorina
  • Toucan (Liquid)
  • Manorina
  • Unidentified Flying Object
  • Gigurum (Container)
  • P
  • S
  • Zepp
  • Onil (Mineral)
  • Onil (Gas)
  • Lepton
  • Carrier
  • Carrier
  • Fedhelm
  • Styrvok (Bulk)
  • Styrvok (Bulk & Liquid)
  • Styrvok (Container)
  • Stromvok
  • Styrvok (Energy)
  • Styrvok (Container & Energy)
  • Styrvok (Liquid)
  • Styrvok (Bulk)
  • Styrvok (Bulk & Liquid)
  • Styrvok (Container)
  • Stromvok
  • Styrvok (Energy)
  • Styrvok (Container & Energy)
  • Styrvok (Liquid)
  • Boann
  • Sequana
  • Midir
  • Rahanas (Bulk)
  • Light Sul
  • Heavy Sul
  • Rahanas (Container)
  • Rahanas (Container)
  • Sanahar (Container)
  • Rahanas (Energy)
  • Rahanas (Bulk & Liquid)
  • Rahanas (Container & Energy)
  • Rahanas (Liquid)
  • Hermod (Bulk & Liquid)
  • Fedhelm
  • Fedhelm
  • Midir
  • Fedhelm
  • Balor
  • Vulture (Bulk)
  • Vulture (Container)
  • Vulture (Energy)
  • Vulture (Liquid)
  • K
  • Construction Vessel
  • Construction Vessel
  • Construction Vessel
  • Construction Vessel
  • Construction Vessel
  • Arawn
  • Taranis
  • Titurel
  • Scaldis
  • Lyranea
  • Fulmekron
  • Olmekron
  • Lyramekron
  • Sucellus
  • Gangrene Chaser
  • Albatross (Bulk)
  • Albatross (Bulk)
  • Crane (Bulk)
  • Albatross (Container)
  • Albatross (Container)
  • Crane (Container)
  • Albatross (Energy)
  • Albatross (Energy)
  • Crane (Energy)
  • Albatross (Liquid)
  • Albatross (Liquid)
  • Crane (Liquid)
  • Phoenix
  • Condor
  • Phoenix
  • Super-Freighter
  • Super-Freighter
  • Super-Freighter
  • I

The more important news about above is that it is not asset but a tool for converting assets into X4. Which means that it is now possible to bring X3 or X2 ships into X4. Moreover they are working on tool that ports everything not just ships. So in theory you will be able to port X3 universe into it with some work.

Perkel

Arcane
Jiggy Boobles here is mod for jumpdrives since you like it so much. It adds jump drive research. Unlike X3 AI will use those jumpdrives so be sure to rage post here when whole split army just jumps to your homebase and fucks you up.

Modron

Arcane
I really like how this thread is not in the space games section.
:incline:
Do proceed.
A lot of games ended up scattered to the wind after the scouring of the ghetto known as Space, Sims and City Builders. All the non-strategy sims: racing, trucking, space, flight, et cetera ended up buried in General Gaming never to be seen again 100 pages deep in that forum pool. Consider it lucky there is enough interest in this game to avoid that fate.

Mortmal

Arcane
2 years after release for it to be playable,it had not even ship battles then.Now i seen dynamic sector war invasion and xenon building defenses in sectors they try to conquer. Lot better...

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
I noticed that they brought back a lot of good X3 tracks with this DLC.

so when is the next expansion coming out?

No one knows. First expansion came after 1+year. Maybe second one will be faster now that they patched most of game.

Either way it will be either Terrans or Borons. Imho Borons will be the last because they are slugs that float in water and it will be the hardest to bring them into gameplay as well as their ships/stations. Terrans are just humans so it will be as easy as copy paste argons and give them new ships.

Once both are in game will have about same amount of content as X3

cw8

Cipher
Bought Split DLC. Started a new game. Have they added any combat missions like back in X3? Patrol, defend the station etc?

Perkel

Arcane
Bought Split DLC. Started a new game. Have they added any combat missions like back in X3? Patrol, defend the station etc?

There are missions. You can see them on map near stations as orange icons. They added more mission types with Split DLC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom