Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Myst Anamedia - A Myst-like adventure

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

NAMEDIA is a 2D explorative adventure full of logical puzzles that you’ll find quite various in typology and difficulty.
You can explore every location proceeding by fixed screens, as a typical point-and-click interaction, using the mouse only.
We hope that our undeniable passion for classic point-and-click, and for the Myst series in particular, satisfies anyone in love with this genre.

The plot

Everything begins in a charming place called LEVANDA, where you'll soon realize that your journey is just about to become more complex, peculiar and spellbinding than you expected! In fact, the giant willow tree looks deserted and the friend you were supposed to meet, didn't wait for you!

Why?

Thanks to a diary written by a stranger named Karr, you'll discover the existence of an unknown land called ANAMEDIA, whose fragile equilibrium is kept alive by massive machinery; but that illusive idyllic land is now on the brink of collapse, as these machines lie idle. You'll have to reach ANAMEDIA with your own strenght.
It will be up to you to restore stability of that world unveiling its origins, culture and language!

Puzzles

The game is rich in puzzles, quite different in nature and difficulty but never impossible to overcome; no technical-scientific skill is therefore required to solve them, just a bit of logic and intuition.The DEMO version will prove it!

Problem solving

We tried to prevent common and well known issues and up to now there’s no evidence of others but those listed below.
Anyone with a little experience in playing is well aware, however, of how hard it is to predict the progression of a game on all operating systems.
Each case of malfunctioning will be dealt with individually and our full support will be guaranteed.​

http://similiaworld.wix.com/similia#!the-game/xl00i

Kind of like a low budget Mystlike? The story is probably terrible and might make me RAGE QUIT. There is a demo available PC and Mac). Maybe if I get some time I'll give it a try. Hopefully the puzzles might be decent at least....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom