Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ANTHEM - failed Destiny clone from BioWare

Tehdagah

Arcane
Anthem looks good.

Mustawd

It looks like it can be good with tweaks. I mean I hate EA as much as anyone, but honestly speaking I think they have a good base game here.

Regardless, I’d be surprised if it does well by EA’s standards. Both the new Bttlefield and Battlefront did like 7 million in sales and that still wasn’t good enough.

Now Executives are in between a rock and a hard place of their own making. They believed their own bullshit and thought they could lootbox their way to huge profits forever, so they ramped up expectations in public and apparently in private. So now they can’t make their projections cuz they can’t have lootboxes in non sports game or fans will bitch to high heaven.

Codex Year of the Donut
I still say people in this thread are massively underestimating the untapped audience for a good looter shooter.
Anthem might not be it, but it will still sell yuge numbers.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
:shredder:
This even hurt me! 15% in day!
NRbkRHb.png

Martius

Liturgist
Beyond selling Anthem also need to bring up additional money through microtransaction. Maybe lack of paid expansions will help? In case of Destiny Bungie got help from Activision studios and still that wasnt enough.

Codex Year of the Donut
Beyond selling Anthem also need to bring up additional money through microtransaction. Maybe lack of paid expansions will help? In case of Destiny Bungie got help from Activision studios and still that wasnt enough.
The problem is that they're owned by EA therefore any microtransactions will be predatory in nature and not make anywhere near enough.
Compare it to Warframe(which I've spent well over $500 on), which rakes in cash by being non-predatory with their microtransactions.
:M

Gerrard

Arcane
The problem is that they're owned by EA therefore any microtransactions will be predatory in nature and not make anywhere near enough.
Compare it to Warframe(which I've spent well over $500 on), which rakes in cash by being non-predatory with their microtransactions.
:decline:

Codex Year of the Donut
:decline:
DE is one of the best gamedevs around you dunce

Gerrard

Arcane
If you're an NPC maybe.
I fail to see how acknowledging a developer that offers a pretty good game for free AND without any predatory microtransaction schemes (similar to GGG & Path Of Exile) makes you an NPC.
But I guess if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...
Yeah, I fail to see how a dev who fails to fix small issues with the game for FIVE YEARS because the "game director" (who doesn't even play the game by the way, and neither does anyone else on the team besides the community staff) has some retarded idea stuck up their ass, complete lack of organization in the studio leading to months of work being thrown out regularly, taking a FUCKING YEAR to make a one hour quest, and hiring their SJW friends as chat moderators, are any indicators of a bad dev.

Fuck you, retard.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you're an NPC maybe.
I fail to see how acknowledging a developer that offers a pretty good game for free AND without any predatory microtransaction schemes (similar to GGG & Path Of Exile) makes you an NPC.
But I guess if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail...
Yeah, I fail to see how a dev who fails to fix small issues with the game for FIVE YEARS because the "game director" (who doesn't even play the game by the way, and neither does anyone else on the team besides the community staff) has some retarded idea stuck up their ass, complete lack of organization in the studio leading to months of work being thrown out regularly, taking a FUCKING YEAR to make a one hour quest, and hiring their SJW friends as chat moderators, are any indicators of a bad dev.

Fuck you, retard.
I have no clue what you are talking about, but if it was such a big deal, people would have complained and they would have changed it. Happened often enough over the course of the development so far.
Sounds more like you are just pissed they did not change something that you wanted to change.

If you have some actual proof, though, go ahead.
But really, I think you're just looking for the next best target to paint some "SJW" on and go for it in your mouth-frothing crusade.
It is very hard to take people like you serious (just as it is hard to take SJWs serious), but I'm sure you are used to not be taken serious already as most will have that problem with you if you go off on hilarious rants like that.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have no clue what you are talking about,
I know, that's why I called you a retard. Your whole knowledge of the dev comes from fucking PC Gamer.
I never fucked a PC Gamer. You take that back!
And even if I did, I doubt it would've given me knowledge...

Seriously, though, LOL if you think I still even read magazines like that. That time has passed with the credibility of most of mainstream gaming media.

So... is any kind of proof or argument incoming or was your hunger satisfied by doing some name-calling?

Gerrard

Arcane
I know, that's why I called you a retard. Your whole knowledge of the dev comes from fucking PC Gamer.

Seriously, though, LOL if you think I still even read magazines like that. That time has passed with the credibility of most of mainstream gaming media.

So... is any kind of proof or argument incoming or was your hunger satisfied by doing some name-calling?
Let me give you a hint, since you seem incapable of even doing this much

NlZmYw0.png

Apparently they even got a thread on KiwiFarms now, moving on up in the world!
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/warframe-community-staff.52884/

As for the devs, you would have figured all that out if you were actually paying any attention to the development of the game. How's that damage system rework coming?

Simple Simon

Scholar
s9skbmwpvze21.jpg

Pretty vague road map. "New rewards", "The Cataclysm"? I feel like this was released to assuage people's fears about a lack of endgame content. However, without more details about what is being provided and how regular players can expect updates, I don't think it is going to be very useful.

sullynathan

Arcane
eh pretty sure these games have pretty vague "roadmaps" until they get closer to releasing said DLC and events. Destiny, Monster Hunter, they all do this.

Angthoron

Arcane

NlZmYw0.png

As for the devs, you would have figured all that out if you were actually paying any attention to the development of the game. How's that damage system rework coming?
lol kiwifarms

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron

NlZmYw0.png

lol kiwifarms
Well that was certainly amusing. What a trainwreck of a drama :lol:
So, the chat being moderated with way too much sensitivity and many community people being SJWs is somehow news? There's a reason I don't use chats in any games except for trading (if necessary). If moderated, they are terrible, if not moderated, they are terrible.
Same with reddit, you go there for the memes, anything else reddit is entirely unsuited for, it's an echo chamber swinging wildly in varying directions at different times.
I fail to see why anyone should be so triggered by this. Usually, I make a clear separation between a game and its community (which includes mods), and that is for a very good reason. People suck at communicating. If I play with other people, I play with those I know, and everyone else can lick my furry butt.

Okay, the nepotism stuff sucks, but unfortunately that is so normal in pretty much every kind of business ever that I have trouble getting upset about it any more. Became kinda numb to it.
Vitamin B rules the world. Always has, always will.

Anyway... amusing as it is, that has little to nothing to do with the devs (as in, the people who actually develop the damn game, not babysit a chat & forum).
They are taking long for the damage system, that isn't news, either. They presented their ideas last year, and those ideas were rightfully torn apart. Now they are probably tinkering at it in silence until they'll reveal a bomb some point this year.
Meanwhile, they are very actively patching the game.
It's obvious you have a bone to pick with them (and many other people), but you cannot seriously expect anyone to follow you in that. Except people at kiwifarms? :lol:

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
They are taking long for the damage system, that isn't news, either. They presented their ideas last year, and those ideas were rightfully torn apart.
Yeah, because they have no idea what they are doing. You can't know how to make the game better if you have no idea how it actually plays, and you can't know how it plays if you don't play it.
How many years did it take to get vacuum on pets? The recent Physique "buff" is also a great example.
Or maybe I should remind you of the time DE lied about drop rates?

Mustawd

FREE to play. Free. As in FREEEEE. C’mon G.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom