Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Bing using Halo players are shitting on rpgs on the Obs subforum

Father Foreskin

Learned
When I pulled out Fallout 1 from the box, it was a beautiful day for me. On that same decade too many genetically inferior men forgot to pull out. Their offspring grown up on xboxes and anime are now infesting the Obsidian subforum. Without a doubt, this will only intensify as time goes on. Already shit like this gets thrown around:

"With Microsofts money they can finally make the games they want"

"Josh has been playing Skyrim, its about time they make a clone"

"I like to use Bing, im just kinda special you know"

Now everyone knows that most of Obsidians existence was about just scraping to keep afloat. I dont fault the owners for selling it. However even Ray fucking Charles can see that nothing worth playing is coming after Outer Worlds. So here is my suggestion:

Make a subforum called Black Isle Legacy. Combine the pre-acquisition Obsidian and Inxile games with Troika and Black Isle games. If somebody wants to discuss Master Chief figurines, merits of Bing and Obsidians upcoming Skyrim-clone Pillars Of Excel: the Forgotten Rectum, they can keep doing it on some other subforum.

Just let us have the legacy forum. It was us hardcore who kept the genre alive during the darkest times and allowed it re-flourish with the dawn of crowdfunding. We financed Underrail, Aod, Pillars, Divinity etc. Many of those games are built on legacy of Black Isle and that legacy must be kept fully outside the "rad" Halo-hut that the Obs and Inxile subforums are turning into.

Don Peste

Arcane
Son, you are a good soldier.
UJUaTXK8aQ7winRcURE99xZfd82Q00pFOjEKh8CvhN0.jpg

Father Foreskin

Learned
You shit on Obsidian then you take some sort of pride in that you "financed" one of their products.

Make up your mind, retard.

I shit on post-acquisition Obsidian, the things to come. The current rtwp-pillars might not be mind-blowing but they are decent experiences.

Edit: to continue on my point about the Legacy subforum, no independent successor to Black Isle exists after the MS aquisition. There should be somekind of a place to keep this legacy safe from people alt-tabbing from Sea of Thieves to tell you to make up your mind.

Last edited:

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
When I pulled out Fallout 1 from the box, it was a beautiful day for me. On that same decade too many genetically inferior men forgot to pull out. Their offspring grown up on xboxes and anime are now infesting the Obsidian subforum. Without a doubt, this will only intensify as time goes on. Already shit like this gets thrown around:

"With Microsofts money they can finally make the games they want"

"Josh has been playing Skyrim, its about time they make a clone"

"I like to use Bing, im just kinda special you know"

Now everyone knows that most of Obsidians existence was about just scraping to keep afloat. I dont fault the owners for selling it. However even Ray fucking Charles can see that nothing worth playing is coming after Outer Worlds. So here is my suggestion:

Make a subforum called Black Isle Legacy. Combine the pre-acquisition Obsidian and Inxile games with Troika and Black Isle games. If somebody wants to discuss Master Chief figurines, merits of Bing and Obsidians upcoming Skyrim-clone Pillars Of Excel: the Forgotten Rectum, they can keep doing it on some other subforum.

Just let us have the legacy forum. It was us hardcore who kept the genre alive during the darkest times and allowed it re-flourish with the dawn of crowdfunding. We financed Underrail, Aod, Pillars, Divinity etc. Many of those games are built on legacy of Black Isle and that legacy must be kept fully outside the "rad" Halo-hut that the Obs and Inxile subforums are turning into.
Obisdian lost all it's talent when Chris Avellone left.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom