Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cleve gets into a fight with SidAlpha!

mondblut

Arcane
^ That's what people who want to remove "gross offensive yuck things" from the internet always say.

Cael

Arcane
Huh, A youtuber who is kinda sane

Alfonso1
@PBJ "Freedom of speech" doesn't mean that you can insult other people for no reason with impunity. Even if you can legally get away with it (looking at the details of the law and being lucky, because it prescribed), freedom does not mean that. Freedom means being able to direct your life as you want, but without going against the freedom of others, and taking responsibility for your actions. I do not think that freedom means saying what you want of whoever you want, whether it's true or not, running over the honor of other people without looking back. I do not think the owner of this channel thinks so but if he does, then his opponent was right: He is very wrong not only about the internet, but about the world in general. And if he thinks so, other problems like this and worse will arise, and sooner or later he will find the last of his shoe. But as I said, I do not think he thinks that way.

He is defending Cleve guise. Saying that ol' Siddy spewed a lie and is a bad person. Pls like and subscribe.
Yes, that is why muslims blow themselves up in marketplaces. And that is why the SJW support muslims.

"You can't insult our beloved paedophile, the most perfect person who has ever lived! Allahu akbar!"

GandGolf

Augur
Nope, it means that freedom of speech doesn't protect people from libel/defamation.

To paraphrase "The People VS Larry Flynt" To qualify as libel/defamation/slander it would have to be believable by a 'reasonably prudent person'. Cleve can get away with calling people gay neckbeard tranny midgets because anybody with any brain cells at all would not believe him. However when people go arround accusing Cleve of stealing code that's libel because that's just the type of thing a cromag like Cleve would do.

Last edited:

Bohr

Arcane
In terms of hewing to Wizardry, Grimoire design basically consisted of playing some Wizardry, then booting Grimoire and noting where it was different at present ... modifying it a little, testing it and looking at it literally running side-by-side on two computers to see how much more I could get the look'n'feel gestalt adjusted for it. I also would play some Lands of Lore or Might and Magic ... think of something I was seeing on screen ... that's cool, I should add something similar to Grimoire ... then booting it and comparing it to that game side-by-side. I was still tweaking it 16 years later because I felt a certain mechanic was cool in one of these other classic blobbers.

Internet basement trolls who still live with their parents wouldn't know it but the dead giveaway that Grimoire is not plagiarized from anything is that it is not as well balanced, as well tested and as well adjusted as the legacy code of Wizardry 1-7. Anybody who knows anything about coding would notice it after playing a short while. That's because Wizardry is the product of a lot more money, time, opportunity and development than was possible for one person working alone who built everything.

Rumours doing the rounds among the SidAlpha faithful that you had a consulting role on this new title, sure they're just causing trouble but any comment at this stage? Would be good to nip this in the bud :salute:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2018/12...jesus-trump-hitler-win-shooting-lgbtq-people/

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
I had entirely missed this mildly entertaining drama.

We live in a world in which the most prized thing is becoming a "victim" of any sort. For some people it's easy as they're born with that label. Others have to "work hard" at becoming one, and jump at the first opportunity given to them.

Just sad.

Now on the code stealing thing. Most stupid thing ever, considering there's a billion wizardry clones out there. Also mechanics in grimwah feel to me like made from scratch, in imitation of W7, because they have a different "feel" . Take penetration for instance, that's *not* sir-tech code.

mondblut

Arcane
^ That's what people who want to remove "gross offensive yuck things" from the internet always say.

Nope, it means that freedom of speech doesn't protect people from libel/defamation.

People should protect themselves from libel/defamation by beating the shit out of the offender or laughing it off, not by running to nanny state and begging "pls stop mean people from talking, muh feelz are hurt".

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
People should protect themselves from libel/defamation by beating the shit out of the offender or laughing it off
Violence as a natural response to speech is a bad precedent to uphold, or import...

th

Cael

Arcane

People should protect themselves from libel/defamation by beating the shit out of the offender or laughing it off, not by running to nanny state and begging "pls stop mean people from talking, muh feelz are hurt".
That is not defamation, which includes libel (written) and slander (verbal). Defamation is someone deliberately and knowingly spreading untruths about you, usually for monetary or other gain.

For example, tabloids making up stories about celebrities in order to sell more copies is defamation. Someone deliberately spreading untruths about you in order to tarnish your reputation in some sort of butthurt revenge "plot" is defamation (yes, it includes Internet trolls who love to make up stuff about others in order to destroy their reputation because of gaming or forum butthurt). Someone on social media that is part of a viral spreading of an untruth about someone whom they have never met is defamation, even if the person who started it is a Hollywood professional liar or a catwalk human clotheshanger.

Feeling offended about what someone said? Not defamation.

Cael

Arcane

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
People should protect themselves from libel/defamation by beating the shit out of the offender or laughing it off
Violence as a natural response to speech is a bad precedent to uphold, or import...

th

I'd rather have to protect myself from machete rape gangs than from cops. With the former, I am entitled to shoot back.
I rather be in a machete rape gang than to get owned by one!

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
I'd rather have to protect myself from machete rape gangs than from cops. With the former, I am entitled to shoot back.
The former would likely be trying to kill you for speech, and the cops for protecting your right to it.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

I feel libelled by what you said. Taste lead, motherfucker!

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Why do you want to live in "1984"?
I don't. Nor can I recall any cases, wherein, the state police have killed people for petty insults/ridicule in the west, "shut mean people up" with a death penalty - as you say.

Seems like a problem isolated to certain theocratic states.

Lol. The thought of Cleve writing hit-pieces on certain political/cultural feuds with his wit. Epic.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
Why do you want to live in "1984"?
I don't. Nor can I recall any cases, wherein, the state police have killed people for petty insults/ridicule in the west, "shut mean people up" with a death penalty - as you say.

Seems like a problem isolated to certain theocratic states.

Lol. The thought of Cleve writing hit-pieces on certain political/cultural feuds with his wit. Epic.
Are you fucking retarded? What do you think SJWs want? Hello! Wake. The fuck. Up!

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent

Things would certainly be a lot more interesting if people would have to defend themselves in an arena when it came to their lies.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Things would certainly be a lot more interesting if people would have to defend themselves in an arena when it came to their lies.
Indigenous Australian law system: The accused would stand in a circle and have spears thrown at him, if he could dodge them all he was innocent. (tends to favour the accuser)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom