Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Daggerfall, fucking Daggerfall

Ellef

Deplorable
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
so i'm seeing LP on youtube where the graphics look way cleaner than mine.

Do you guys mess around with scaler settings or anything in dosbox for daggerfall?
post a screenshot of how your game looks?

usually the settings you want in your dosbox.conf are
output=openglnb (or output=overlay)
fullresolution=desktop
aspect=true
scaler=none

I think my monitor is just too big for it to look great at full screen..i need good CRT one of these days. I've just gone with playing it in a 800x600 window. I've been using x2sai scaler which makes it quite blurry but fixes pixellation somewhat.

Ellef

Deplorable
i rested till midday, still no change. I saved in front of mage questgiver and they vanished on reload. There was a ghost in the day stuck in a wall and a guard both killed and arrested me for attacking it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was fresh out of privateers hold anyway..wish there was a quick save, i always forget to proper save.

i rested till midday, still no change. I saved in front of mage questgiver and they vanished on reload. There was a ghost in the day stuck in a wall and a guard both killed and arrested me for attacking it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was fresh out of privateers hold anyway..wish there was a quick save, i always forget to proper save.

You just learned an important lesson: safe often, on multiple different slots, multiple times.
Don't let it go waste.

Ellef

Deplorable

You just learned an important lesson: safe often, on multiple different slots, multiple times.
Don't let it go waste.

Auto and quick saves have made me complacent and/or retarded.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wrapping up my Daggerfall review and Darth Roxor pointed out some discrepancies. So before it goes to post, I'd thought I'd try to resolve this via the hivemind.

1. To travel somewhere using the map and the find function, I found you have to type in the name of the location exactly, to include the article. So if I want to go to The Hivemind of Codex, I can't just type in Hivemind. I have to type the whole thing, including 'The'. True or not true? DR believes you can use a single keyword if the word is unique to the location, so Hivemind in this case.

2. I wrote "When you do finally purchase your home, there is no indicator to where your house is located on the city map". The only hint I found when buying a home from a bank, was that it gives you a picture of the place in the menu. DR was thinking that there might be text giving you a vague idea of where to look at the time of purchase, but I don't think that's right. Anyway, what do you guys see when you try and purchase a home from a bank?

otsego

Cipher
1. To travel somewhere using the map and the find function, I found you have to type in the name of the location exactly, to include the article.

2. I wrote "When you do finally purchase your home, there is no indicator to where your house is located on the city map". The only hint I found when buying a home from a bank, was that it gives you a picture of the place in the menu. DR was thinking that there might be text giving you a vague idea of where to look at the time of purchase, but I don't think that's right. Anyway, what do you guys see when you try and purchase a home from a bank?

1. You don't need to type it out in its entirety, but you do need to type the words as they are written...
Example: Type 'The Hivem' as a keyword should direct you to The Hivemind of Codex, OR anything similar to that (The Hivemind of RPGWatch might pop, for example ;) )

2. I thought the map always got marked with a generic 'House' text marker. It does not explicitly say it is yours, and there are other ways to get 'house' on the map (through quests for example).

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, I just loaded up some old saves and tested this. I think when I was typing out other examples I was not using unique words, but I just tried 'Daggerf' for Daggerfall and it worked.

As for the house, I went back and sold my old house and purchased a new one. This time it came back with 'Deuce's House' as a label. I'm not sure why I didn't get a label the first time.

Luzur

Good Sir
Yes, I just loaded up some old saves and tested this. I think when I was typing out other examples I was not using unique words, but I just tried 'Daggerf' for Daggerfall and it worked.

As for the house, I went back and sold my old house and purchased a new one. This time it came back with 'Deuce's House' as a label. I'm not sure why I didn't get a label the first time.

Sometimes the *player nametag is bugged and wont show, sometimes for the entire game and sometimes it will pop in when coming back, this has happened to me a couple of times.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
A bug? In Daggerfall?

SURELY THIS CANNOT BE TRUE

(were you playing with some of the unofficial fixes BTW? might not be entirely fair for a review, but at this stage DQFIX fixes almost all non-engine issues in DF)

Lemming42

Arcane
anyone actualy finished daggerfall ?

Yeah, plenty of times. When you get past the intimidating scope of the world it's just kind of an autopilot dungeon crawl, turning right until you get to a dead end, going back and turning left and so on for eternity. I beat it to completion without cheats for the first time fairly recently.

Lemming42

Arcane
England's not that big.

Obviously haven't gone to every place on the map, because most of them are copypasted boring bullshit. I did try to ride the horse between two towns and got bored out of my mind, and ended up somehow missing the town anyway.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Makabb, you're boring.

That's me, Makabb the boring. I bet you are an alpha male stud fucking princesses left and right while conquering neighbouring countries in real life, sorry your worshipfulness, but prepare to receive grand ammounts of boredom.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Try to get to the mainland from your ship without fast travel

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom