Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

From Software Dark Souls 3

Discussion in 'jRPG Weeaboo Discussion' started by Makabb, Jun 3, 2015.

1. toro Arcane

toro
    Don't panic and try to keep the camera on them at all times.

When he teleports wait for 1-2 seconds before you roll otherwise you will get hit. Basically roll but only when you absolutely need to roll.

Also you can punish him for almost all hits.

I will not lie when I say that they took me 2 hours to beat. It's a good fight.

^ Top  
  2. toro Arcane

toro

So, that's the purpose of that barrier :)

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  3. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Yeah you can run and hide behind it but then the croc-dog will jump on you while you're exploring the marshes under the bridge :D

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. sullynathan Magister

sullynathan
    Man champion gundyr is crazy. Took me 3tries to beat him. Archdragon peak is bed of chaos 2.0

^ Top  
  5. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Well it certainly may seem that way because a lot of bosses have a complex moveset that trigger when specific conditions are met. Although there probably is some randomness with certain moves.
    IIRC Aldrich
    Show Spoiler
    refrains from using his arrow spam if you stay close to him.

^ Top  
  6. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    fuuuuck is that true ? awesome

^ Top  
  7. Kutulu Magister Patron

Kutulu
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Yes, down in the marshes hes more of an actual mini-boss and imho more dangerous.

^ Top  
  8. cvv Arcane Patron

cvv
    Exactly, they're actually easier in confined spaces since it's easier to close the distance with all their jumping and running.

^ Top  
  9. Dyskolos Cipher

Dyskolos
    But you can cheese him easy in the marsh if you have no self-respect. Just sprint for the sewer opening that leads to Siegward in the kitchen and snipe him from the tunnel since he can't fit through the entrance. He'll disappear after a few hits but you can bait him back by running into the marsh again and he keeps the same health bar so a few rounds kills him.

^ Top  
  10. toro Arcane

toro

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Perkel Arcane

Perkel
    that was great

^ Top  
  12. toro Arcane

toro
    I tried some red orb pvp in undead settlement and from 20+ invasions all were with ganks.

The only time I won was when the host jumped in some pit by mistake. On the other hand I won everytime I was invaded :)

^ Top  
  13. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  14. Dyskolos Cipher

Dyskolos
    I've been having the same about everywhere I tried. Behind Pontiff Suhlyvahn and at Anor Londo are the only half decent places I'm finding and even those are a crapshoot. Even with forced invasion from the red eye orb it seems mostly to be people standing outside the boss doors trying to summon and gone by the time you get there.

^ Top  
  15. Murk Arcane

Murk
    I experienced this yesterday and thought it was cuz I had skype on in the background.

From's incompetence is turning into a fucking meme. Poise-working-as-intended out of 10

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  16. praetor Arcane

praetor
    i can confirm it's not true. hugged him many times and he used arrows many times (first time he killed me was when i hugged him and he did his arrowspam for the first time... i didn't know what it was so i rolled to the side, the arrows caught me and stunlocked to death. "good" times)

^ Top  
  17. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    There's probably some luck involved IDK,
    Show Spoiler
    but he usually uses his bow when you're either too far away or hugging him, if you keep a small distance and you're within his scythe range, he'll go for his routine swing attacks which you can avoid, get behind him, land a couple of hits and then back up a bit again so he'll either do another swing, or teleport. That's not really easy to do and maybe it's not foolproof, but my mage guy was insta-killed by the arrow rain in the second phase, so I just really needed to avoid that.

^ Top  
  18. Damned Registrations Prestigious Gentleman Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist

Damned Registrations
    The arrows are super obvious anyways, the windup on that attack takes forever. Though I can see the second phase version being annoying if it targets your incompetant buddy and he drags them onto you.

^ Top  
  19. Villagkouras Arbiter

Villagkouras
    If you get hit by the arrows, stay on the ground. You die if you try to get up again.

^ Top  
  20. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    Finally finished the damn thing today. Soul of Cinder really was a great fucking boss to close the series. That Gwyn theme that started playing during the second half of the fight.... completely unexpected and right in the feels, man. Right in the fucking feels.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  21. AngryEddy Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    OH MY GOD THEY REPASTED A 6 YEAR OLD BOSS MY DORK VIBES HNNNNNNGH

Nasty little faggot.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Stabwound Arcane

Stabwound
    Yeah I don't know why I thought DS3 might grab me when the original didn't. As much as I want to like it, I don't. It feels like trial and error and having to play though the same areas over and over and over to make 5% more progress and do it again is just not fun.

I guess I'm just not hardcore enough of a gamer!!!!!! Back to Super Pokemans Rainbow!

^ Top  
  23. Lambach Arcane

Lambach
    Ya know, if this were your run-o-the-mill forum, I might've even replied in a serious fashion. But this is the 'Dex, where every dumb cunt thinks he can out-edge the other dumb cunt, so I'll just post the theme to give you menstrual cramps.

(he's even kinda doing the thumbs-up on the thumbnail :lol:)

^ Top  
  24. ghostdog Prestigious Gentleman Arcane Patron

ghostdog
    Well DS1 is easier than DS3, especially in the bosses department. But really co-op is part of the game too, so just summon some dude to help you.

^ Top  
  25. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    This isn't the norm.. Like there are tricky parts in the game but if you are scratching and crawling to get anywhere.. Probably time to start co-oping.. I wouldn't have fun doing that either.

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)